Note: This page has been moved to the new UESP-Wiki. The same content, just a different presentation.|
This page very likely contains outdated information (last updated in 2005).
19 February 2011
No matter how hard the game creators will try, there will always be some bugs in existing in
any game. This page will list any discovered bug, anything from a mere inconsistency to a
full blown game crasher, along with any solutions if applicable. Feel free to contribute
anything you feel deserves a 'bug' label in the game.
- Empty sacks should disappear when left on the floor
- You can hear footsteps when standing on a lift (Level 1, v1.5)
- Bookcase graphic on Level 1 upside down (v1.5), of course it is a mage's chamber so...???
- Some monsters disappear and come back to life after you kill them sometimes (scamp and vermai) (v1.5)
- Two of the coffins on Level 3 don't have riddles on them (v1.5)?
- Walking and Sneaking speed seems to vary slightly, annoying (v1.5).
- Boats and ballon disappear when you exit them (v1.5). Ballon does return to
mooring place eventually but where do boats go?
- Some of those purple healing crystals are really big (man size) v1.5. Is this on
- Bad graphics in places, Level 5 near waterfall, Level 3 under those rising platforms in big room (v1.5).
More Serious Bugs
- Getting stuck in void. Sometimes you fall or just walk through a wall or crack forcing a reload. (v1.5)
- On some places you take damage for no reason. Near the seducer bodyguard on Level 7 for instance,
standing on where the top part meets the bottom (ie, at the crack) you take considerable damage. (v1.5)
- If you 'pause' while on a moving lift (such as going into your inventory) you're position is
paused but the lift movement isn't. When you 'unpause' you're sitting at the bottom. Can be deadly
if its a high lift. (v1.5)
- Pausing thing also affects spells you cast. For instance I quaff a potion of Etherealness, return to
my inventory, wait, exit, the spell has worn off. Doesn't appear to work for spells cast on you by
- Cursor position on automap in Levels 4 and 5 (and others) is wrong (v1.5).
- Problem clipping monsters in Level 4 near Quam warding sigils. Parts of monster and replaced
by wall/ceiling/floor graphic. Occasionally monster disappears completely for long periods of
time (still attacks, is not invisible) v1.5
- Jumping icon in Level 5 dungeon is not drawn (v1.5).
- Random crashes and GPFs in Win95. Problem may be not enough swap space. Don't ignore any warning
message on startup. See the Technical Manual for information on how
to solve this.
- Character gets stuck in many places, can't move or jump and have to reload (v1.5)
- Monsters die without leaving sack of stuff, even though you were firing arrows at (v1.5)
- Can't pick up scroll on floor in Level 2 entrance (v1.5) and other places as well.
- Mobs get stuck easily on, well, anything (v1.5). Mostly corners and tight places.
- A magical cape found on Level 2a is worn as a pant? (v1.5)
- Scamp disappeared on Level 2. Was seen in a blocked off section but when I went in it was gone (v1.5)
- Spider daedra near end of Level 3 (the one with the entry rune) walked up into the air and out
into the void, never to return (v1.5).
this document for printing (some pages may not display properly).
If you have any problems, suggestions or comments on this page or website, please
feel free to use the Contact Form to send
a message to the WebMaster.
This document was last modified on: Saturday, 19 February 2011, at 09:55:05
and has been accessed
( /battle/batbug.shtml ).
Please note that this site is Completely Unofficial and is in no way connected to Bethesda softworks or
Zenimax. Bethesda Softworks, Battlespire, XnGine, Morrowind, Redguard, Daggerfall, Arena and The Elder Scrolls are trademarks
of Media Technology Limited, Copyright © 1994-2001 Media Technology Limited.