UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: X-Men: Mutant Uprising
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:14 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
^ My thoughts exactly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:26 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Because I'm an epic [censored] bag. Updates again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:11 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 10
I hope he's not too over powered or too similar to Kerr (I was going to originally have it so that he needs skin to skin contact but that's taken.) Lastly Pietro speaks languages that I don't so I might just say that he said it in Italian or Latin because I don't have a clue how to form sentences in those languages, however I can make a fairly good attempt at English.

Name: Pietro Rossi
Appearance:
Powers/Mutations: Once he has eye contact with someone, he can make them do as he wishes or make them believe whatever he says. However this only works on non-mutants and will only work on people who understand the language he has spoken in. (Eg. Someone who doesn't speak English won’t be able to understand commands given in English.) Once the person under your command has completed the action, unless Pietro still has eye contact with them they will no longer be under his command.
Skills: Speaks Italian, Latin(If that’s even useful), Enough English to get by, though he’s far from fluent, a small bit of French and a few words of German. He is also a great public speaker.
Weaknesses: His power has exceptions and he doesn't have great English.
Equipment: He wears jeans, runners and the T-shirt shown in the picture, he also wears a Cross around his neck. He doesn't carry a weapon
History: Pietro grew up in Southern Italy to a family of poor farmers, they grew grapes on their farm and from a very early age Pietro had to help his father with the vines. Because of this he constantly fell behind in school, and fought with his teachers.
It was during a fight with one of his teachers however that Pietro discovered his powers, the teacher in question failed to understand that Pietro was three weeks late on his assignment because it was an important season for the Grapes and he was needed on the farm. Angered by getting another detention, Pietro looked the teacher in the eye and told him to ‘go die’ and to his surprise the teacher stopped speaking and jumped out the third story window of the classroom they were in.
The death was put down to the teachers mental instabilities, which although he hadn't displayed before must be the only reason for his untimely death. Pietro however knew it wasn’t and knew he was responsible for the death. Although most people would have been sad that a man had just died, Pietro was excited; his powers could be a ticket out of his life of poverty. He spent months after trying to emulate what he had done that day, though using commands that wouldn't lead to more unnecessary deaths.
It took several months though he eventually figured out how his powers worked and upon realising their potential, packed his bags and left for Rome. He became a con man, which was made a lot easier with his powers and conned dozens of people out of their well earned cash. By 25 he was rich having made thousands off of other people, he now had time to start to take interest in other things other than how much wealth he could accumulate. He began to learn other languages and took up shooting, though even after several years of practice he still doesn't have a great shot.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:19 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 15
FBK, interesting power. Does it make the person see a manifestation of he false power or do they just believe it without seeing?

VL, to me mind control is mind control, but it's up to the DM.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:53 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
Manifestation, although he of course has to avoid 'using' his fake powers or else people will be able to tell. E.g. if he made someone believe he was electrocuting them, they wouldn't feel pain and would realise something's not right. (updated this) :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
That's actually really cool. His code name should be something like Intimidate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:57 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
So sort of like a illusionary character?
I'm calling him Loki.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:59 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
I don't know, maybe they should think they are being hurt, but they are not. Then again, your character would be cool either way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:12 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
I want to avoid his power being too good, and what's not cool about 'Lionel'? :P

"Genarsten, Bertrand, Phillips, Greene, Anders, Owens, Meredith, Wood, Li, and Lionel". Maybe we should all think of cooler names :heart:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:19 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
It's fine, the "just flash" ones, are always the coolest. "Avoid being too good," spoken like a true RPer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:32 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 20
With that power Lionel should become a stage magician. Everyone loves magic. And think of all the money and fame.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:26 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
do I have to change mine again?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:43 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
What alias is best for Lionel: Oz (like the wizard of Oz, you know cause he pretends to be all big an powerful), Intimidate, Loki, Hermit, or Fake-Mind. Or any better suggestions?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I think Deimos is going to give us code names within the RP, just like the real X-men.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 6
I hope he's not overpowered. I'll change it if he is. And for the record, this was a lot better and more detailed until my internet crashed. :wink:
Name:Carter McKeon
Appearance:Black hair, long in the back, and shorter on the sides. He has green eyes, a Caucasian skin tone, and scar on his cheek from where a cat scratched him.
Powers/Mutations:He can summon a black mace made of materialized shadows into his hands. He can also change into a shadow, and with some difficulty change others into shadows, for a short time. Allowing them to pass through most objects.
Skills:Deception, and fighting with blunt weapons, such as maces.
Weaknesses:He cannot morph into shadow form while submerged in any liquid. Overuse of shadow form can cause him to faint.
Equipment:A gray T-Shirt, with black pants and a light brown jacket., as well as a pair of black sneakers. He wears a necklace decorated with a metal, coiled snake.
History:Carter was born in Donegal, Ireland to a middle class family. His cold nature didn't help him to gain any friends, so he spent most of his time immersed in books. He discovered his power to turn into a shadow when a car almost ran over him. Just as the car was about to hit him, he changed into shadow form, and the car passed through him harmlessely.

Last edited by Rook on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:36 am 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 20
Wonder what Christopher is going to think of you, culchie? :P

Strange me saying that seeing as I live in the countryside.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:03 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 6
Forgot the weaknesses and equipment! I've edited it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3