UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1075 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Cog & Gear - Steampunk Fantasy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:10 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 0

Enoch
Enoch is an odd world. Even stranger are the islands the Human Kingdoms and the Dwarven Hegemony both dominate. Islands where vast armies of mechanised labourers work in hundred-mile mines. Islands of brass birds and copper cats. Islands where curiosity and intrigue rain dominant. You live on Enoch, you would call it home, the Human and Dwarven islands to be specific. Whether it be the forests of the east, the deserts of the south, the mountains of the north or the sprawling urban communes of the west, you have lived here all your life.

You have just recently arrived at Valley, one of the easternmost settlements of the Human Kingdoms. Whether it be for military reasons, domestic reasons, or you simply wanted a holiday, it will not matter soon, because your life will change dramatically in the next few, decisive minutes.

Ironsight Pit - The huge Dwarven capital city of Ironsight Pit, built into the side of the great northern mountains, hundreds of tiers deep. The rich live in the higher tiers, the poorer in the middle tiers and the mechanised workers labour away in the factories and mines of the lower tiers.

Valley - Valley is a small holy town. Both humans and dwarves live in the town, but the dwarves are the only citizens of the town that do not follow the old ways. The town is entirely flat and built upon grasslands, in the center of the town is a huge spire which pierces the sky, with a temple built upon the top.

Lake Dzagoev - The lake in the centre of the map. Small fishing villages and hamlets crust the shores of the lake, the only significant settlement is Dzagoev itself, ruled by the un-diplomatic and bordering on barbaric human, Baron Skilge.

Arvel - A town built inside of a pillar seperated by mere metres from the coast. The population is small, with only a few persistent villagers living in the stone caverns of the old town. A small windmill like building, where a man only known by the name of 'Uncle' resides, sits on top of the large pillar.

Kimmit - The sprawling military and economic capital of the Human Kingdoms. Ruled over by the enigmatic King Lurent Type. Kimmit is built in square-like districts that have grown several levels. Rail lines flow through the different districts of the huge city.

Amur - The only town for miles in the Southern Badlands, built around a seemingly never ending oasis. Amur is proud of their past, the town used to be the capital of the Human Kingdoms before Kimmit surpassed them. Amur is difficult to adopt the modern ways, mostly due to their leader, Bishop Auriel Huhrt.

Brass Islands - A series of tiny brass and copper islands sprouting out of the water. The people of these islands prefer the seclusion of the seas rather than hustle and bustle of continental life, at least this way they can focus on their research. They owe allegiance to no one, although the Kingdoms have struggled for years to annex them.

The Human Kingdoms - United in the fires of war several centuries ago, the Human Kingdoms are a large group of Kingdoms ruled over by a High King placed upon the throne in Kimmit. Each region is lead by a certain leader owing tribute to the High King, even Kimmit, whether they be a King, a Baron, a Count, a Lord, a Duke or a Bishop. They have long been the enemies of the Dwarven Hegemony. Lead by the High King Davis Type.

The Dwarven Hegemony - The Dwarven Hegemony has been around much longer than the Human Kingdoms, and have long been enemies of the latter. Most of their towns are much further north than the map cares to suggest. Lead by the rascist Emperor Razsh Degan

Character Creation

Attributes

Strength: How much weight your character can carry and how heavy a weapon they can use.
Endurance: How much stamina your character has and how endurable they are (really?).
Perception: How effective your character's senses are.
Intelligence: How much your character knows of the world around them, as well as what types of contraptions and enchantments you can make (the skills just affects the magnitude of their use).
Willpower: How effective and powerful your character's magical abilities are.
Agility: How quick and agile your character is. Also factors into Dodge Ability.
Luck: How lucky you character is.

35 pts to spend in this category. Attributes can'not go any lower than 1 ot any higher than 10. Trait bonuses can'not surpass 10.

Skills

Blade: How effective your character is with using weapons such as daggers (STR: 2), scimitars/wakizashis (STR: 2), short-swords/katanas (STR: 3), long-swords (STR: 5), spears/halberds (STR: 6) and greatswords/claymores (STR: 7)
Blunt: How effective your character is with using weapons such as hammers/clubs (STR: 3), maces/axes (STR: 4), morning-stars/warhammers (STR: 5), polearms/battleaxes (STR: 7)
Marksman: How effective your character is with using weapons such as projectiles (PER: 3), crossbows/muskets (PER: 4), shortbows (PER: 5), longbows/rifles (PER: 6), special weapons (PER: 7)
Elemental Magics: How effective your character is with using elemenatal magics such as flame, shock, ice, water and earth stylised spells etc. (Imagine all the elemental spells from Elder Scrolls, including weakness to - spells).
Mystic Magics: How effective your character is with using mystic magics such as telekinesis, telepathy and emotional stylised spells etc. (Imagine mysticism, alteration and non-elemental destruction spells from Elder Scrolls)
Restorative Magics: How effective your character is with using restorative magics such as heal wound, heal limb, cure disease and increase courage stylised spells etc
Block: How effective your character is with using shields and weapons to block
Engineer: How effective and useful the contraptions your character creates such as mechanical animals, weaponry and vehicles etc
Enchant: How effective and useful your character's enchantments are on weapons, armour and other items etc
Sneaking: How effectively and unnoticeably your character sneaks and pickpockets
Speech: How useful you character is in dialogue

50 pts in this category. Skills can'not go any lower than 1. Trait bonuses are to be applied after you have customised your skills and can surpass 10.

Traits

Natural Soldier: Your character can use Blade, Blunt and Marksman weapons with one less attribute point needed for them to work, this also means that they do not do as much damage with their weapons as they usually should though.
Finesse: Your character has a much larger chance of inflicting a critical hit, but other than that, their damage output isn't that good.
Jinxed: Enemies have a tendency to fail a lot more around you, unfortunately for you, this is rate of failure is also inflicted on yourself. Requires +5 LCK.
[&@%!] at Heart: Special dialogue is available to your character to sleep with certain NPCs, although this may provide information and details you need, other NPCs and PCs may frown upon this. Requires +7 Speech.
Explorer: Quests and points of interest are more easily found for your character, but people are easy to play upon your exploratively naive nature, often luring you to the wrong places. Requires +8 PER.
Mechanical Eye: Your character has a single mechanical eye of their own creation that allows them to use heat vision, unfortunately it requires a great deal of concentration to use. Requires +7 Engineer.
Solar Powered: Your character is much more effective at everything during the daytime hours (has to be outside for it to work), but much less effective indoors or at night.
Night Person: Your character is a friend of the night, fighting more effectively during the nightime hours or in a room with no lighting, but much less effective in a lit room or at daytime outdoors.
Big 'Un: Your character is huge, gaining +1 to STR, but because of this, nearly all attempts to sneak are pointless.
Nice Guy: Your character is generally assumed to be a nice guy, your character is much more effective when it comes to non-combat skills, rather than combat skills.
Stuck Up: Your character is rather rich it seems. They will start with much more gold than every one else, but you are more susceptible to pickpockets and crimes as your wealth shall not go unnoticed.
That Just Ain't Me: Your character gains +2 in a combat skill of their own choice (Blade, blunt, marksman, mystical magic, elemental magic) but loses 1 in every other combat skill.

Character Sheet

Name:
Appearance:
Bio:
Personality:
Attributes (If recieving bonuses or minuses from trait choice, please place in brackets after your initial points):-
S:
E:
P:
I:
W:
A:
L:
Skills (If recieving bonuses from a trait choice, please place in brackets after your initial points):-
Blade:
Blunt:
Elemenatal Magics:
Marksman:
Engineer:
Enchant:
Mystic Magics:
Restorative Magics:
Sneaking:
Block:
Speech:
Traits (0, 1 or 2):
Armour:
Weapons (These weapons aren't that good either so don't try too hard):

Rules
1. See those rules from all those other RPs (waits ten seconds)...yeah, it's them.

*Although I will say this is a story driven RP, there will be free-roam in a location by location way, which allows the character to complete side quests, find loots etc.

Player Characters

Baloth-Kul :
NovaPowered :
Shadow :
Union :
Vendetta :
Velvet LeChance :

Kimmit District Maps

More district maps will be here the more the characters explore.

Last edited by Crepe the Ashlander on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 28 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Cog & Gear - Steampunk Fantasy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:08 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
I am very much interested, but...

Just my two cents. I'll probably have a character sheet up soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:46 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Ah! Thank you for alerting me Mr. Baloth, I have fixed the problems that are present.

Questions:
Special weapons; they are special weapons, stuff I don't really want to reveal. All you can know is that they are based in the marksman category.

No more races. Just humans.

I wouldn't really try to hard with your armour and weaponry, your starting gear isn't going to last long.

Intelligence is your knowledge of the world, and what type of contraptions and enchantments you can create, these work in conjunction with the skills of that type as well. (I will edit that in now actually).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:58 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games:
Platform:
Name: Cornelius Cogburn
Appearance: 6'6", broad shouldered, very muscular, plump, thick grey beard, bald, armour adorned with war medals, brass prosthetic left leg, jagged scar over left (now mechanical) eye, a few scars across his right cheek and arms
Bio: A former captain in the army of Kimmit, Cornelius' entire unit was wiped out, leaving him the only survivor. This battle-scarred veteran resigned from military life and headed east to escape his past.
Personality: Cornelius is generally a very gruff fellow, but he can be warm and charming when he is in the right mood. He is brave and hardy, willing to sacrifice his life in a heartbeat to save another. He is somewhat prejudiced against magic users, believing them to be little more than conjurers of cheap tricks and cowards.
Attributes:-
S: 9 (10)
E: 10
P: 4
I: 7
W: 1
A: 2
L: 2
Skills:-
Blade: 10
Blunt: 2
Elemental Magics: 1
Marksman: 10
Engineer: 8
Enchant: 1
Mystic Magics: 1
Restorative Magics: 1
Sneaking: 1
Block: 10
Speech: 5
Traits: Big 'Un, Mechanical Eye
Armour: Brass chestplate chestplate, brass left pauldron, brass left gauntlet, brass prosthetic left leg, leather overcoat, leather right boot
Weapons: Greatsword, Musket

Last edited by Baloth-Kul on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:12 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Steampunk.

X.X

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:24 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Baloth, before I accept you, could you lower any of your skills by 5 pts, I decided 55 is too much to spend, considering there may be advancements during the RP.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games:
Platform:
Done. 50 skill points total now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:00 am 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
This looks quite interesting. Will look into it during the next few days.

On company time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:06 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
We're going all millitary style up in this!

Name: Jason Henndly
Appearance: Basically this: But with a scar that cuts his lip a la assassin's creed.
Bio: Jason is a hardened millitary veteran. He served Kimmit and was a commander of a 10 man squad. But after a failed mission in which his men left him to die in the northern mountatins, he went rogue and decided to hunt his old comrades down for betrayl. After 5 years of hunting, he has only 2 names left on his list.
Personality: Jason is a stone cold killer, hardened by the many years he spent killing. After the incident in the mountains his personality took a drastic change; before he was romantic, he shown compassion. But now, nothing. No remorse, compassion. Nothing. He was built or killing, and that's what he is going to do...
Attributes (If recieving bonuses or minuses from trait choice, please place in brackets after your initial points):-
S: 5
E: 8
P: 8
I: 3
A: 7
L: 3
Skills (If recieving bonuses from a trait choice, please place in brackets after your initial points):-
Blunt: 1
Elemenatal Magics: 1
Engineer: 7
Enchant: 6
Sneaking: 5
Block: 5
Speech: 3
Traits (0, 1 or 2): Mechanical eye
Armour (All armour stats of these armours start as 0, so don't try too hard): Bronze scale armour, no helmet. Armour underneath normal clothes.
Weapons (These weapons aren't that good either so don't try too hard): Rifle, pistol, claymore.

Last edited by Nova on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 am 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Question: Are there any handguns?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:17 am 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
Even better question:

Are there limb replacements? Like a literal handgun?

On company time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:20 am 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Dun dun DUNN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:40 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Nova, Baloth accepted. I'll get your character sheets on the OP.

Q/A:

Yes, there will be handguns, I didn't mention them in the OP as the skill and attribute needed to use handguns can vary greatly, the most likely handgun for a person to start off with would be a musket pistol, requiring 4 PER.

Limb replacements: Not guns and the sort, just your average brass/copper/wood steamy arm or leg. Please only use these though if they fit your character, i.e. they lost their arm or leg, people genereally don't get a artificial limb for no reason.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:55 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
While I'm not a huge fan of Steampunk, this seems interesting! I may join.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:50 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games:
Platform:
I added a brass prosthetic left leg to Cornelius' appearance. Fits since he was in the military and whatnot. Keeeeeeeewl.

Also added scars to his appearance, and put the brass leg into the armour section as well. Why not.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:06 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Name: Elizabeth Vaughn
Appearance: Tall, slight, and rather pretty, with long, bouncy black curls and happy, bright green eyes.
Bio: Elizabeth was born into a supremely rich noble family in Kimmit, rarely lacking anything. All throughout her childhood, her head was filled with dreams of adventure, preoccupied with the concept of being a hero. While she was mildly interested in the history, language and arithmetic classes her tutor taught her, she was totally uninterested by the magical arts, and with such mundane tasks as engineering. She spent countless hours fencing, though, enraptured with dreams of fighting faceless enemies whose evil deeds were as vague to her as her perception of what evil was in the first place.
When she was seventeen, Elizabeth learned what evil was. A group of thugs hired by one of her father's political enemies broke into her mansion, slaughtering her family and servants. She herself was beaten severely, and almost killed, before she leaped through a window and landed on a train steaming it's way through the city. Penniless and without direction, she tried her best to follow her childhood aspirations... And was shocked when she found that she wasn't half a bad adventurer. Her fencing had paid off, to an extent.
Personality: Perpetually optimistic, idealistic, and naive. She is quite chattery, and can be very annoying. However, she is also incorruptibly good at heart, sometimes taking totally untenable moral positions. She can be manipulated quite easily through this tendency, however.
S: 3
E: 2
P: 8
I: 6
A: 7
L: 8
Blunt: 1
Elemental Magics: 1
Engineer: 1
Enchant: 1
Sneaking: 5
Block: 9
Speech: 10
Traits (0, 1 or 2): Explorer.
Armour (All armour stats of these armours start as 0, so don't try too hard): A simple, stylish white blouse with a dark brown leather jacket, laced black pants, and well-worn leather boots.
Weapons (These weapons aren't that good either so don't try too hard): A simple six-round clockwork handgun and a notched steel cutlass. As well, she has a stiletto in one of her boots. But she's not telling which... :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:15 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Accepted, i'll put your character sheet on the OP.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:33 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games:
Platform:
Slight reshuffling of skills and attributes. Everything still adds up, don't worry.

I'm sort of impressed with myself that I managed to make a non-mage character and feel good about it. I tend to be allllllll fer the magic, but...Not today.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:55 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I'm not trying to be annoying at all; but I have scrapped the armour system, so feel free to completely deck out what armour you are wearing. If you don't feel like your armour needs any more description, don't bother.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:23 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
You have mentioned racial bonuses a few times throughout the OP, but you also mentioned you can only be human.

Help me understand, please?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:43 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Those were all actually meant to be edited out, I must've missed them all, but thanks for pointing them out. I was originally planning on making multiple races, but I didn't think it really fit the RP that well to shoehorn it in.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:46 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
Mhm.. Should I join or shoul I not. I am torn.. mhm.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:48 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Okay, and what is the most amount of points allowed in one skill? Ten?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:59 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2

How's that?

Last edited by The-Shadow-One on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Shadow, your character is accepted.

Imp, the most amount of points allowed in one skill when creating is ten, but bonuses from traits can be applied afterwards. As well as that during the RP you may recieve bonuses which modify.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1075 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next