UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dragon Age
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:07 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
I'd name Mana Clash best spell if it worked against all enemies. The most useful overall I'd say is probably either Force Field or Mind Blast/Cone of Cold. Crowd control is what I need my mages for.

On company time

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:14 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 20
I think Group Heal and Revival are probably the most useful spells, it's why I always want to make my mages Spirit Healers. But my favourite spells are Walking Bomb/Viriulant Walking Bomb.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:17 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
Well I was kind of thinking outside the Spirit Healer spec, but yes those are very useful. Revive is not quite as nice, more like a last-ditch resort, because it can screw you over pretty hard if you get bad timing. Regeneration + Heal is good for keeping tanks alive.

On company time

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:37 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 13
On the topic of Walking Bomb, can we talk about how AWESOME Walking Bomb feels in Inquisition?

Nothing like having Dorian lay down a spreading Walking Bomb then AoE nuking things, then making EVERYTHING explode in quick succession. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:43 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 3
Can anyone help me out with inquisition? I'm on the boss battle with and it's impossible. I'm playing a rogue archer and my party consists of Dorian, Cass and Solas.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:44 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
You know, I've never actually done that boss battle. During that quest, it's actually possible to completely skip that fight if

In any case, I'm going to assume that one of your mages is your barrier monkey. I would recommend using BOTH of them for that function. Go into tactics and make sure barrier is preferred. They'll prioritize it in battle. Then set them to 'defend' either Cass or your Inquisitor, one mage on each, to keep the two halves of the team barrier'd as much as possible.

Second, do you have the Trespasser DLC? It adds toggleable upgrades to your abilities, making a warrior's Horn of Valor capable of building guard for EVERYONE. Plus there's a barrier upgrade that can help.

Third, scour the grounds for a supply crate. Always helps. I believe there's one in the kitchen before re-entering the Grand Ballroom.

If all else fails, an earlier save can be loaded, and you can

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:01 am 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 12
I've done that boss battle once with an underleveled party and got my ass handed to me.

It would be best to avoid it. It is rather stasifying beating The Game instead of having to do that fight.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:15 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
That whole quest is marvelously done, easily one of the best in the game (no small feat with all the great story quests in this game) because of its integration with the dialogue system. What your Inquisitor says and does really matters (don't jump on the tables!), and it rewards completionism. So if it's necessary, I say go back and try for a high approval. It's really worth it, I think, and I look forward to the quest on every once of my Inquisitors.

Also, everyone meet Luminza Cadash. She's adorable and I'm incredibly proud of it.

She's gonna romance Iron Bull!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:26 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
It is easily the best part of the game and shows us the Game in it's subtle glory. Sadly, i felt that after Adamant, the game's quality in main quests slowly degraded. Don't get me wrong, the whole quest in the Arbor Wilds is good but needed more of a management aspect to it. The ending is lacklustre or at least, i found it to be lacklustre due to a lack of build up and

I'm probably going to delve back into Origins in february and do an elven Mage. Willpower, magic and maybe, cunning. Just may go as a glass cannon magi. May go Spirit Healer only spec wise. Normally, i go for Arcane Warrior and turn the mage into a somewhat, glass cannon one man wrecking ball in armour and will not just kill you. It will kill you in so many ways that the Crows would cry at the methods used.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:39 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Thanks a ton! TBH I'm definitely going to try the barrier thing. Unfortunately there's no earlier save. :( And I don't have the DLC. But hopefully I'll get it right this time. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:18 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 14
So... some of you guys were recommending that I get the GOTY as opposed to buying the DLC individually, but from what it looks like the GOTY is only available to purchase separately, not as an upgrade over the base game. Is that actually the case, and if so, what was the reason to suggest it as the better alternative?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:26 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Oh, I assumed you were upgrading in console and everything. Nah, 3 DLCs will run you ~$50, GOTY is all 3 DLCs + the Spoils of the Avvar and stuff (not really worth it except for the Arishok armor schematic), and that'd run you like ~$60 maybe.

So, it depends on how high you're buying.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:32 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
I would recemmond the GOTY if it is cheap or a budget title. I've heard mixed things about it and apart from Trespasser being a must have, due to it being the last story of the Inquisition, it may just be down to if you enjoy the game or not. But get Trespasser. It sets up DAIV and resolves(ish) the Inquisitor's story. Unlike, a certain Warden who just disappeared and Hawke who also disappeared. Yeah, Bioware have finally mastered the art of resolving characters arcs from previous games in regards to main characters.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:56 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
You guys are NOT gonna believe this. After weeks of trying to beat her, I did it but guess what? The game glitched and I'm stuck at the Palace now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:36 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
That's really shocking considering how stable the game tends to be. I'm really sorry that happened to you D:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:31 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
Did you happen to [&@%!] off Sera? She is known to glitch out the game if you really annoy her. :P

Joking aside, that's rather unfortunate but if you can, reload from the begining of the mission and try to play the Orlasian Game and beat her. Tis a far better ending to that quest and no annoying fight ensures. In fact, why is the Duchness harder to kill then most demons?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:42 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
So, erm.... i could do with a bit of advice. I don't really know what i want to do with DA:O. I want to be a mage but i kinda want to be a rogue(either Human Noble female or dwarven casteless male). With rogue, probably be a flanking dagger and sword or just dagger oriented and bow user. Mage, a mixture of damager and healer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:57 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
That is exactly what I did. Reloaded a save and got court approval. It was honestly worth it because of I did have an argument with Sera actually. But I ditched her for Cass so idk why the quest glitched out. The game isn't too stable for me honestly. Maybe cause I play on a console so yeah it glitches out pretty frequently. Even more than TES/Fallout games. Anyways the Duchess fight was still the hardest for me. Even harder than

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:02 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I play on console too, the game is remarkably stable for me. You might just be unlucky/I might just be lucky, I dunno.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:37 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
It's very stable on PS3 with patches. There used to be a bug where a certain cutscene would soft crash thus forcing you to skip it just to move on with the plot. I think, i only ever had 2 crashes with it.

And as for Cullen, there is two words that come to mind. Cully Wully.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:40 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Josephine is best romance though. It's like a Disney movie!

Favorite romance option in the series is Isabela though. Contrary to popular belief, she has a lot more depth than "likes sex" and her romance really highlights that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:45 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
I don't really have a favourite. I usually romance Alistair, Leilana, Morrigan, Merrill(cute and naive),Sera(who is easily my favourite elf in the franchise) and Cassandra. I do feel sorry for my Adaar when it comes to the wedding as she will demand nothing but the best. Oh and her extremely long name may be the thing that single handly makes him give up on something. :P

I know Sera gets a lot of flack but i can't see why she is often hated by the fans. She is a breath of light hearted immaturity and just wants to help out the small folk. By stealing their breeches.

I think she and Rabbit the Marbari Warhound that chose the Warden as his master may have a thing in common.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:08 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
The trait that makes a lot of people dislike Sera is the way she speaks. Granted I think it's nicely done once you get a feel for it, but initially I couldn't understand a goddamn thing she was saying without a double take.

Heavily eloquent / stylized dialogue does not automatically equal good dialogue, after all. So I can see why it's a bit off-putting, especially to new players.

There's few Dragon Age characters I actively dislike. Even Vivienne, who I (and several of my characters) disagree with on almost every level, is a good character with good writing and motivations. I do so very much love to hate her, and it's a blast when one of my Inquisitors agrees with her.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:44 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I don't mind Sera but I prefer Dorian. He's hilarious. Cully Wully is such a babe though :P

Last edited by dremorababe on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:13 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 20
Morrigan and Alistair are my favourite characters and my favourite romances.

He stopped working on Dragon Age a while back but David Gaider left Bioware recently.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next