UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pact pvp event!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:16 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 6
At 3pm Eastern/Noon Pacific time today, the NA UESP guild will be holding a pvp event in Thornblade! We will be communicating on Mumble, and all participants will get a goodie bag that includes soul gems and a siege engine or two. Our goal will be to have fun and earn some alliance points. Whether you pvp every day or have been hesitant to visit Cyrodiil for the first time, we'd love to have you join us!

My Skyrim mods:

My Oblivion mods:

Post subject: Re: Pact pvp event!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:18 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
I'd love to. I don't PvP enough, but I'm stuck down in the hole at work until 5 or 6 because the watch officer who's supposed to be here today decided they wanted to get frostbite on two of their fingers somehow last week and "can't work". So I get to do it and I'm so bored I'd like to scream. If you guys are still doing it this evening, then I'll be there, but for the actual event at 1500, there's no way, especially as its 1518 right now unless I get a miracle and Region IV's vampire shows up hours early. I really, really wanted to though. UESP is my main guild and I like doing stuff with you guys (wait, that don't sound right) since there isn't much drama going on with us.

"Imma tell you like a Nord told me, Gold rules everything around me"
-Maximus Minimus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:24 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Sounds awful, FAdams. There's nothing quite like unexpected work at an antisocial hour, be it late at night, early in the morning, or a weekend.

Since the Guild is growing, I would like for there to be a UESP Guild event most weekends. I'm tentatively planning a DC Skyshard hunt around Cyrodiil for this weekend coming. I need to sit down with a map and figure out a route.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:23 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Yeah it did kinda suck. I'm very much used to the weird hours associated with my line of work plus Agency and Department HR very clearly warn you about it when you're applying, at both (or all three, depending) of your interviews, and when they give you your appointment letter if you get the job, so you know the job is "dangerous" in that regard when you take it, but pulling weekend duty outside of an activation doesn't make it any less boring than Staff Duty was in the Army.

Oh well, I'm just about to get out of here, actually I should have left 20 minutes ago or so, but I'm doing a training schedule for a new hire, and Atlanta traffic is Atlanta traffic, so it doesn't matter either way really.

I think weekend events are a great idea for us though. It builds cohesion, and also gets you to know other people's play styles and builds so I'm all about that. Plus it gives us "lifers" an opportunity to get to know the newer members better, though I guess that's building unit cohesion.

Anyway, I'll see you guys after awhile in-game.

"Imma tell you like a Nord told me, Gold rules everything around me"
-Maximus Minimus