Note: This page has been moved to the new UESP-Wiki. The same content, just a different presentation.|
This page very likely contains outdated information (last updated in 2005).
Morrowind - Main Quest: Arkngthand
15 February 2011
||Andrano Ancestral Vault
||Balmora, Arkngthand Dwemer Ruins
- Return to Caius in Balmora for your orders.
- Talk with Hasphat Antabolis in the Balmora Fighter's Guild.
- Travel to the Dwemer Ruins of Arkngthand (3553,-15807), East of Balmora near Fort Moonmoth.
- Retrieve the Dwemer Puzzle Box for Hasphat.
- Recieve the notes for Caius from Hasphat upon returning the Puzzle Box.
- Return to Caius in Balmora.
Continue on with the Andrano Ancestral Vault portion of the main quest
or return to the Main Quest page.
- Orders from Caius
- Your first task from Caius is to go and talk with Hasphat Antabolis at the Balmora Fighter's Guild
and ask him about the Nerevarine and Sixth House secret cults.
- Meet with Hasphat Antobolis
- The Fighters Guild is pretty much
in the center of town and Hasphat is downstairs in the training room. Of course he wants you to
do him a favor first, before he lets you know what you want. All you have to do is to fetch a
Dwemer Puzzle Box from a local ruin, Arkngthand (and yes, all Dwemer ruins have similar, unpronouncable
names with at least 6 consenants in rows).
- Travel to Arkngthand
- Fortunately he can also give you detailed directions to
the ruin (which you may wish to write down as it doesn't make it into your journal).
Great directions, but the only thing he left out is the crazy person you attacks you on the bridge
(Snowy Granius). Snowy casts some spells and summons a Skeleton so watch out (can be a little tough
if you're first starting out, try running for the guards South at the fort if you need help). Once there's
one fewer NPC in the game, continue across the bridge (check the barrel and crates for some loot if you
need to), and up to the ruins. The pipe with the crank is just a little ways in front of the door. Using
the crank will make the spherical doors open and close (just stand in the middle so you can reach the door).
- Head South out of town past the Silt Strider port
- Cross the bridges East over the Odai River
- Head North at the signpost towards Caldera
- At the nearby signpost to Molag Marr, turn right and head uphill (North East) on
the old road to cross an ancient Dwemer bridge over Foyada Mamaea
- The entrance to Arkngthand is on the east side of the Foyada, South of the bridge
- Turn the crank on a pipe near the door to open it
- Ruins of Arkngthand
Arkngthand Dwember Ruins Map
The Puzzle Box can be found in the Cells of Hollow Hand section of the ruin, just underneath where you
enter (on a lower shelf). There are a few opponents around, but nothing too dangerous or special.
Screenshot to Puzzle Area
- Return to Hasphat
- Returning the Puzzle Box to Hasphat will get you the information that Caius requested, as well as a key
which can be used in the Arkngthand, Heaven's Gallery area to opens a locked (32) door into the Arkngthand, Land's Blood Gallery.
It appears that the lost Sixth House is House Dagoth who betrayed the other great houses during the War of the First Council
and was destroyed. He gives you some notes for Caius as well as references to some books for more
information. As for Nerevarine, it seems that the Ashlanders believe that a reborn Nerevar
will unite the Dunmer aginst outlander invaders and restore the Dunmer nation. Nerevar is actually a legendary
hero and saint of the Temple, although the Temple denies the prophecy, actually persecuting those who believe
in Nerevarine. Hasphat says the Sharn gra-Muzgob would be a good person to talk to about this topic.
- Return to Caius
- You can return to Caius to deliver him the information (talk to him about Orders).
- Extra Notes
- As an extra, if you return to Hasphat later, he will give you a key for use on the lower levels of Arkngthand,
(in case you don't have any good lock pick skill or open spell).
this document for printing (some pages may not display properly).
If you have any problems, suggestions or comments on this page or website, please
feel free to use the Contact Form to send
a message to the WebMaster.
This document was last modified on: Tuesday, 15 February 2011, at 20:29:29
and has been accessed
( /morrow/quest/mq_caius1.shtml ).
Please note that this site is Completely Unofficial and is in no way connected to Bethesda softworks or
Zenimax. Bethesda Softworks, Battlespire, XnGine, Morrowind, Redguard, Daggerfall, Arena and The Elder Scrolls are trademarks
of Media Technology Limited, Copyright © 1994-2001 Media Technology Limited.