Note: This page has been moved to the new UESP-Wiki. The same content, just a different presentation.|
This page very likely contains outdated information (last updated in 2005).
Morrowind - Main Quest: Dagoth Ur
15 February 2011
||No more main quest!
||Dagoth Ur's Citadel
||Restore Attributes (all)
- Ensure that you have the Wraithguard, Keening, and Sunder Artifacts
- Enter Dagoth Ur's Citadel (19019,70381) in the crater of the Red Mountain. The spherical door is opened by
a nearby crank on a steam pipe.
- Confront Dagoth Ur in the Facility Cavern. He may attack you after talking with him.
- Once you kill Dagoth Ur the first time, pick up the ring in front of the doors to the Akulakhan Cavern
- Equip Wraithguard and Sunder and hit the Heart of Lorkhan in the center of the robot Akulakhan.
- Equip Keening and hit the Heart five times to destroy it, along with Dagoth Ur.
- Return to the Facility Caverns to meet Azura, view a cut scene, and receive your reward.
- Preparing for the Assault
- In order to assault Dagoth Ur's Citadel in the center of the Red Mountain (should be marked on
your map if you've talked with Vivec), there's a few things you need:
It may be possible to defeat Dagoth Ur without the Heart items from the 7 Ash Vampires, but
at the very least you need the three artifacts (killing the Ash Vampires apparently greatly reduces
the strength of Dagoth Ur).
- Wraithguard Artifact (from Vivec)
- Keening Artifact (need some Short Blade skill as well)
- Sunder Artifact (need some Blunt Weapon skill as well)
- Soul Ring
- Belt of Heartfire
- Amulet of Heartthrum
- Amulet of Heartrime
- Amulet of Heartheal
- Amulet of Heartfire
- Blood Ring (found on Dagoth Gilvoth in the citadel)
- Dagoth Ur's Citadel
- The citadel is best approached from the North, but be careful not to fall into the lava when going
down into the crater (levitate or slow fall helps here). The Outer Facilities entrance is blocked
by a spherical door which you've seen before, so just look for a nearby hand crank (just South of the
door). There's nothing much to find in the Outer Facilities section, though you do here the voice
of Dagoth Ur beckoning you further, similarily with the Inner Facilities. The Lower Facility holds
Dagoth Gilvoth in the third chamber in and holds the Blood Ring magical item. Expect to encounter a
variety of creatures including several lesser Dagoth's, Ash Slaves, Bonelords, Lame Corpruses, and
Dagoth Ur Citadel
- Meeting Dagoth Ur
- Dagoth Ur is found just inside the Facility Cavern, though he will not attack you right away (in fact,
he says its up to you to take the first blow, though he did attack me before I did anything).
Talk with Dagoth Ur for a bit until you've learned all you want. Buff up with enchantments as
desired and then start the fight (again, you might want to buff up before talking with him).
There's no secret tactic to killing him the first time, just hit/cast hard and he should fall
shortly. Well, you don't actually kill him, he just disappears, leaving a nice magical ring before
the doors to Akulakhan.
- Destroying Akulakhan
- Before you enter Akulakhan you should heal up and equip Wraithguard and Sunder (equip the Wraithguard
first). You will be attacked by Dagoth Ur and his minions once you enter. Instead of fighting them, your
goal is to destroy the Heart of Lorkhan in the center of the great Dwemer robot Akulakhan. Using Levitate
or Slowfall to jump off the ledge to reach it is a good idea. You must strike the Heart once with
Sunder, and five times with Keening to destroy it, and Dagoth Ur as well. Once you do this, run back across
the bridge and watch the destruction of Akulakhan, thus ending Dagoth Ur's reign of terror.
- Reward from Azura
- Follow the ledge back around to the top (or fly up) and open the door back to the Facility Caverns using
a crank on the pipes in front of it. Once you enter you will meet Azura and a cut scene will begin, outlining
your accomplishments. You will also receive a nice magic ring. Once you exit you should be greated to
a nice clear sky...no more blight, no more ash storms.
That's it...your done!
- Quest Bug
- After you've completed the main quest, there is a rare bug you might encounter if you speak to various people,
including Divayth Fyr. They will seem to think that you've failed to complete the Nerevarine prophecies and
you are directed to speak to Archcanon Saryoni in Vivec. It seems this is due to the exact order in which
you completed the parts of the main quest, but exactly what is unsure.
Return to the Main Quest page.
this document for printing (some pages may not display properly).
If you have any problems, suggestions or comments on this page or website, please
feel free to use the Contact Form to send
a message to the WebMaster.
This document was last modified on: Tuesday, 15 February 2011, at 20:29:29
and has been accessed
( /morrow/quest/mq_dagothur.shtml ).
Please note that this site is Completely Unofficial and is in no way connected to Bethesda softworks or
Zenimax. Bethesda Softworks, Battlespire, XnGine, Morrowind, Redguard, Daggerfall, Arena and The Elder Scrolls are trademarks
of Media Technology Limited, Copyright © 1994-2001 Media Technology Limited.