Note: This page has been moved to the new UESP-Wiki. The same content, just a different presentation.|
This page very likely contains outdated information (last updated in 2005).
Tribunal Main Quest: Common Tongue Writer
15 February 2011
||Mournhold Palace, Godsreach, Great Bazaar
- Speak with Tienius Delitian in the Royal Palace Throne Room and agree to help him
find the anonymous writer of The Common Tongue papers.
- Speak with people to be directed to a bookshop or pawnshop.
- Talk with Ten-Tongues Weerhat in the Great Bazaar Pawnshop to learn of Trels Varis in the
Craftsmans Hall of Godsreach (high disposition needed).
- Find the locked door in the Craftmans Hall, which leads to a secret area with Trels Varis.
- Convince Trels to stop printing the Common Tongue document.
- Return to Tienius.
Continue on with the Queen Barenziah portion of the main quest
or return to the Main Quest page.
- Tienius Delitian
- Speak with Tienius Delitian in the Royal Palace Throne Room again and agree to help him
find and stop the anonymous writer of The Common Tongue papers. Tienius doesn't particularily
care how you find and stop this author, which is a not so subtle hint that he would prefer you
to kill whoever is involved.
- Speak to most anyone about the anonymous writings and, if their disposition is high enough,
they'll tell you to speak with someone involved in writing (like a bookstore) or possible a pawnshop.
Head on over to the Great Bazaar which convieniently has both such places. Talk to Sanaso Sarothran
in the bookshop to find out she will merely offer the same advice and has nothing new. Next check
out Ten-Tongues Weerhat in the pawnshop across the way. With enough persuasion he'll tell you of
Trels Varis is the author and he first head about him in the Craftsman Hall in Godsreach, which is
where you should head next.
- Craftsman Hall
- Speak to people in the Craftsman Hall in Godsreach about the anonymous writer, Trels Varis, and
you'll hit a dead wall. Don't believe them for a second though, as they are far to adament about things
to be above suspicsion. Investigate the area and find a locked door (70) on the bottom level which
leads to a secret office. Confront Trels inside and ask him to stop printing the lies about King
Helseth. You have several options to try and make him stop, such as killing him or donating a
large amount of gold. I assume that all three options might work to some extent (donating 3000
gold to the Orphans fund works fine).
- Return to Tienius
- Return to Tienius who seems to know exactly what happened somehow. If you donated the 3000 gold to
the Orphan's Fund you'll get it back in addition to the King's Oath Blade:
Daedric Long Blade
Chop: 1 to 60
Slash: 1 to 52
Thrust: 1 to 36
Condition: 5600 / 5600
Cast When Strikes
Damage Health 20 pts for 3 sec
Paralyze for 3 sec
Fire Damage 20 pts for 3 secs
Charge: 450 / 450.
An excellent blade, though a bit heavy. Tienius tells you to speak with Queen Barenziah for a last
this document for printing (some pages may not display properly).
If you have any problems, suggestions or comments on this page or website, please
feel free to use the Contact Form to send
a message to the WebMaster.
This document was last modified on: Tuesday, 15 February 2011, at 20:29:29
and has been accessed
( /morrow/tribunal/quest/trb_anonwriter.shtml ).
Please note that this site is Completely Unofficial and is in no way connected to Bethesda softworks or
Zenimax. Bethesda Softworks, Battlespire, XnGine, Morrowind, Redguard, Daggerfall, Arena and The Elder Scrolls are trademarks
of Media Technology Limited, Copyright © 1994-2001 Media Technology Limited.