Switch to full style
A place for discussions and questions specifically about the UESP forums.
Post a reply

We say new smileys; you say

yea!
88%
nay!
12%

Total votes : 74

Re: New Forum Smileys

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:15 am

Hug?
Spoiler:

:Twisted Evil:

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:17 am

We need a set of Team Fortress 2 Smilies.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:35 am

-Hug.
-Shy.
-Troll.
-Blow kiss.
-Broken heart.
-Pout.
-Jumping with joy
-A smirk. Very important.

Re: New Forum Smilies

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:07 pm

Dean wrote:I vote getting rid of all smilies, hate seeing more then one a page, makes me want to play Pac-Man... not good for the ol' procrastinating problem.

I might actually go for that. To be dull and boring and grumpy, Shakespeare had no smileys, did he? The expression by word is nigh unlimited, we don't need these blinking and hipping-hopping things to express ourselves.

That's it.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Well, like I said, you can opt to customize the board's viewing preferences to suit your fancy and turn off smileys. The only downside is then they will merely appear as their code used by the phpBB software (ie, the first big grin will display as :D, and a wink will display as : wink :). I just did it to confirm.

Of course, there should be a limit on posts. If a post contains mostly smileys, it's hardly a post at all - it's just a collection of nonsense. I haven't really seen anyone abuse this too bad and I know we moderators are good at sending friendly reminders about obnoxious text or smiley usage, and users are more than welcome to bring anything to our attention, too!

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:17 pm

Iamgoofball wrote:We need a set of Team Fortress 2 Smilies.

No blowing up Soldiers on this forum! No flinging someone's head off!

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:39 pm

addictedtomorrowind wrote:
Iamgoofball wrote:We need a set of Team Fortress 2 Smilies.

No blowing up Soldiers on this forum! No flinging someone's head off!

I was more thinking along the lines of a Engineer building, upgrading, and then packing up and moving a Sentry.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:40 pm

I want a smile with a hood and a straight face.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:45 pm

I think we need a trollface smiley, so that I can properly gloat about posting links to TV Tropes.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:27 pm

I'd like a smiley bashing it's head on a desk or throwing out it's pc. :D

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:58 am

I really think we need smileys that relate to TES games in some way. I've seen some out there and what we have now is good! But more options would be nice...

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:13 pm

OBLIVOWIND wrote:I really think we need smileys that relate to TES games in some way.

I know what I wrote a few replies earlier, but this one makes sense. It could perhaps be realized as a Competition of the Month?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:48 pm

GET ME SMILEYS OF SPIDERMAN.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:40 pm

Ooh, a smiley with the animation of Dovahkiin shouting would be nice.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:38 am

Andere wrote:I know what I wrote a few replies earlier, but this one makes sense. It could perhaps be realized as a Competition of the Month?

That's a great idea, free labor!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:20 pm

addictedtomorrowind wrote:Ooh, a smiley with the animation of Dovahkiin shouting would be nice.

I generally don't use smileys, just like I don't use texting lingo and multiple exclamation points, but I might make an exception for a good "FUS RO DAH!"

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:10 am

videogmer314 wrote:I think we need a trollface smiley, so that I can properly gloat about posting links to TV Tropes.

seconded, linking to TV Tropes is fun...

Having TES related smileys would be great, and help with the fact that we are a TES forum...

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Maybe one for every race? That would be nice...

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Yay! I'd love some new smilies! Image

... as long as we keep mr. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:54 am

You know what I want, Avron! :)

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 am

I wish we had a Cthulhu smiley...

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:32 am

All I can say to that is: Image

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:34 am

Huzzah!

I'm just making a few special ones for UESP. I'm going to attempt to get them up shortly with the other ones I've collected; we're trying to keep a semi-uniform style on the forums, which has been a challenge. Your patience is really appreciated, everyone!

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:44 am

Can I have a Engineer smiley?
Last edited by Iamgoofball on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:01 am

Your avatar is already an engineer, so, yes. However, if you meant an engineer smiley, I don't think that would be a good idea. It would make no sense to have TF smilies on a board dedicated to the Elder Scrolls. Personally, I'm not a fan of smilies, but if we were to get any that weren't intended to convey emotion (as an example of these, one showing two smilies hugging), they would have to be Elder Scrolls related as far as I'm concerned. So nothing to do with Mass Effect, or Fallout, or Team Fortress, or Spider-Man, or any other franchise.
If you really want a certain specific smiley, I see no reason why we'd be obliged to host it. If you want, it's entirely possible to submit your own to a image hosting site and linking it here whenever you wish to use it.
Also:
videogmer314 wrote:I think we need a trollface smiley, so that I can properly gloat about posting links to TV Tropes.

I'd prefer to not have this one, though I'd guess I'd be slightly less opposed to it than smilies dedicated to other franchises.
Edit: For the record, my comment at the start of this post no longer makes sense. Ball's original post read:
Iamgoofball wrote:Can I have a (sic) Engineer avatar (sic)?

Which explains my response to his request.
Post a reply