A place for discussions and questions specifically about the UESP forums.
Post a reply

Re: Forum proposals and questions

Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:46 am

Officially, they can be redeemed for a few things, like name changes. On our side, we use them to keep track of a few things and for future events.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:48 am

Also, fake internet points are the most valued commodity on the planet to possess.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:53 am

Will a list of what they can be redeemed for be published in the future?

Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:54 am

It has been posted in the past. I'm a bit out of it, but I will dig up the list in a bit for you.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:08 am

From the original post:
Having a custom name color for a month
Having custom coins for a month
Custom rank for a month
Username changes
But they also said more in the future.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:00 am

MetaCthulhu wrote:From the original post:
Having a custom name color for a month
Having custom coins for a month
Custom rank for a month
Username changes
But they also said more in the future.

But is the future really now? Or is it still in the future...

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:33 pm

Can we change the UI for the mobile theme? I love the desktop theme and how we have the icons for each game and all those categories on the site. Can we add that as well as links to ur userpage and watch list? So that it can become a more user-friendly version of the desktop website for mobile as the mobile site for the forums is at this time.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Chizmad wrote:Can we change the UI for the mobile theme? I love the desktop theme and how we have the icons for each game and all those categories on the site. Can we add that as well as links to ur userpage and watch list? So that it can become a more user-friendly version of the desktop website for mobile as the mobile site for the forums is at this time.

Are you asking about the theme of the forums mobile UI, or the mobile Wiki UI?

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:30 pm

phpBB is ancient. I have an active lifetime license for vBulletin 5 I'm not using right now. Let me know if that's something you might consider reaching out about.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:28 pm

What does the standard time setting at the top right hand corner of the page go by? When DST is in play, and I haven't signed in, it is always an hour behind and so are all the times for people's posts.
(I changed it in the UCP to DST but this only affects the time when logged in).

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:37 pm

I imagine this has probably been asked or brought up before, but is there a way to incorporate the "View Unread Posts" option that is present on the mobile site theme onto the standard site theme? That option is great for seeing what has been posted since your last visit, even if it was too long ago to count as a 'new' post.

The extra option would be greatly appreciated in any case.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:26 am

Aarah wrote:What does the standard time setting at the top right hand corner of the page go by? When DST is in play, and I haven't signed in, it is always an hour behind and so are all the times for people's posts.
(I changed it in the UCP to DST but this only affects the time when logged in).

UTC (Greenwich Mean Time), no DST.

Unionhack wrote:I imagine this has probably been asked or brought up before, but is there a way to incorporate the "View Unread Posts" option that is present on the mobile site theme onto the standard site theme? That option is great for seeing what has been posted since your last visit, even if it was too long ago to count as a 'new' post.

The extra option would be greatly appreciated in any case.

Added! :)

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm gonna be 'that guy' to bring this up again for like the 80th time, but has there been any talk about what posts to count towards post count?

I am absolutely petty and insecure enough to put stock and self-worth attached to some imaginary internet points, but I also feel that post count reflects the relative activity and involvement of a particular user. My search-posts count comes up at about 8,200, but only 10% of my posts are counted into my post count because general discussion isn't counted, where both the roleplaying sub and the general sub reside; two subs that are incredibly popular about this place, and the former requires quite a bit of thought and constructive effort into making posts.

I'm not so much demanding change because it's not THAT big of a deal, I'm mostly just curious if there has been any budging or discussion on this given that the moderation team is almost entirely different now from the last time I remember this being discussed.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:03 pm

Hi,

I'm relatively new here and I'm looking for the "mark all forums read" link; I cannot find it. Could you tell me where it is?

Thank you! :)

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:26 pm

Bottom of the Board Index

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:51 pm

BetaB17 wrote:Bottom of the Board Index

I found it, thank you!

Suggestion: please, place that link at the top of the forum index under the other "View" links. ;)

Sat May 26, 2018 11:16 am

Forgive me if this has been suggested before (I'd be shocked if it hasn't), but with sixty-six pages...

I was thinking: we have mod sub-forums for Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, but not ESO. I think it's about time this was remedied. It would be a great place for the UESP community to share their mods, plus I think the first sticky in the sub-forum should be for ESO modding tools and resources. Yes, I realise that only the UI is moddable in ESO, but there are still many mods in this category, with things like mini-maps, better quest tracking, graphical tweaks (certainly not to be confused with the monster-truckload of full-scale overhauls available for the other TES games), and many others that I probably don't really need to repeat. I think this would be a great addition to our forums, and I hope that it gets considered.

Tue May 29, 2018 2:57 am

Hmm, I don't know if we'd get enough usage for an entire separate subforum for that, since the ESO section is slower due to so many people chatting about it in-game, and that hasn't come up in the past four years till now. If you'd like to post about one you made or chat about others, though, feel free to make a thread for it in the existing ESO section! :)

Tue May 29, 2018 11:15 am

I'm absolutely astounded that no-one else has ever mentioned it. Huh. Oh, well. Just a thought.

I know this may be off-topic, but what is a good place for ESO mods? Besides Nexus and ModDB, of course (which are absolutely great modding resources, of course; I just thought I recalled there being one specific to ESO?).

Tue May 29, 2018 8:43 pm

ESOUI is the main site for ESO ones. I recommend using their “Minion” program to manage the addons; it tells you which ones are out of date and can update them with a click of a button, rather than you having to manually download and put everything in the right folders.

Thu May 13, 2021 2:22 pm

Hi, I dont know if it's the good topic but I have a little problem.
I would like to get a avatar on my profil but it's saying "currently disabled".
Do you know when it will come back please ?

Thaaaaanks !

Sat May 15, 2021 9:26 am

You should probably read the rules first, they explain everything including why the avatar is currently disabled

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28949

Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:05 pm

I second that. Tutorials are about the only thing I have to branch out to other sites for. Having a section here where all of us can put our knowledge into would be really helpful to up and coming modders. And also if the information is coming from someone here you will always be able to ask them if you don't understand something.
Post a reply