A place for discussions and questions specifically about the UESP forums.
Post a reply

We say new smileys; you say

yea!
88%
nay!
12%

Total votes : 74

Re: New Forum Smileys

Mon May 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Yeah. 15x15 should be the smallest they get, though.

Mon May 27, 2013 11:42 pm

I'm really excited about this becoming a CotM! I'm kind of a nerd when it comes to spriting things like this. I may even partake in the Competition...

Mon May 27, 2013 11:43 pm

Hard to do anything smaller... alright, sounds like a fun competition,

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:38 pm

So I had said I would try combining the balloon head smileys' expressions with the circle head of the current smileys. Here's my first attempt. Normal smile.

Compared to the current smile.

:)

Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:33 am

That first one is just creepy.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:57 am

I think it looks a lot better, although perhaps it might help to somewhat reduce the eyebrow size. That might be the reason it comes of as a little odd/creepy. Nice work nonetheless Musicman!

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:20 pm

I concur with Duruza, a bit unsettling..

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:43 pm

I like our current forum smileys...but there's always room for additions. :D

Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:04 pm

Yeah, looks creepy to me too. :shock:

I'm perfectly happy with our current smileys as well. I had told veets I would try a mash up just to see what it looked like...not pretty.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:33 am

I've always wondered why every single smiley is yellow.
Racist.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Somebody should definitely make a scribbane smiley. Just sayin, that'd be cool. Like a scrib being stabbed or something like that. Yeah.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:36 am

AddictedtoMorrowind wrote:I've always wondered why every single smiley is yellow.
Racist.

What about this guy? :mrgreen: He's definitely not yellow!

More seriously, I don't know if it's just me being old, but I've noticed that the new dragon and ES race smileys seem to animate far too quickly - to the point where it makes me nauseated to look at them. Would it be possible to get the speed of the animations slowed down, so it's actually possible to look at each frame before it changes to the next one?

This may be a browser issue, of course.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:01 pm

baratron wrote:More seriously, I don't know if it's just me being old, but I've noticed that the new dragon and ES race smileys seem to animate far too quickly - to the point where it makes me nauseated to look at them. Would it be possible to get the speed of the animations slowed down, so it's actually possible to look at each frame before it changes to the next one?

I noticed this too. Personally, I just didn't like seeing that much movement altogether - too fast or otherwise - so I just blocked 'em with AdBlock.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:54 pm

I would find it awesome if there were smileys of each race in the Elder Scrolls. Like the angry smiley can be an Orc, and the happy smiley can be a drunk Nord.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:01 pm

Jeelius-Tei wrote:I would find it awesome if there were smileys of each race in the Elder Scrolls. Like the angry smiley can be an Orc, and the happy smiley can be a drunk Nord.

You mean like this: :orc:

We have a Nord too, and I suppose she could be drunk: :nord:

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Yeah, click on the More smileys link under the normal smileys.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Skyrimplayer wrote:
Jeelius-Tei wrote:I would find it awesome if there were smileys of each race in the Elder Scrolls. Like the angry smiley can be an Orc, and the happy smiley can be a drunk Nord.

You mean like this: :orc:

We have a Nord too, and I suppose she could be drunk: :nord:

I didn't know we had more smileys. My bad. :argonian:
Post a reply