UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: How did you find UESPF?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:03 pm 
Warder
Warder

UESPoints: 0
2010, I think? I found it looking for quest info on Oblivion. I joined the fourms 2011. I think it was to ask one of the moderators why everyone was either a Moderator or a Tea Party Moderator.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:37 pm 
Warder
Warder

Generalno1 wrote:
What with you having died inside.

Never used any smilies since......2009-2010.

I think an interesting continuation of this thread would be say what was your initial reaction to the member base at the time?

Dare I raise my head and make a post was my initial reaction some of this people really flaunt their intelligence (what can I say I'm the shy retiring sort). This was followed by shock and horror about how young everyones was compared to me (at which point I seriously consider leaving) and that Avron wasn't male. To be honest I find it hard to read people on the internet so I never know what is serious and what is all a wind up. After just over six months still not sure what most of you are talking about

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:53 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox
Other Profiles: Creator Of All (Xbox)
Stormborn wrote:
Generalno1 wrote:

I think an interesting continuation of this thread would be say what was your initial reaction to the member base at the time?

Dare I raise my head and make a post was my initial reaction some of this people really flaunt their intelligence (what can I say I'm the shy retiring sort). This was followed by shock and horror about how young everyones was compared to me (at which point I seriously consider leaving) and that Avron wasn't male. To be honest I find it hard to read people on the internet so I never know what is serious and what is all a wind up. After just over six months still not sure what most of you are talking about

It's alright Stormy. You understand me just fine, no?

My initial reactions (from memory) were: Duruza practically owned the forum. Avron and Nanza were mini-mods, cos the actual mod's almost ever came online. AKB was a robot. I also thought it was strange how many people (especially males) liked ponies, I've never encountered that anywhere else.

I somehow feel that if the mods were all gods.. Believe would surely be the God of Awesome and Booze

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:16 pm 
Warder
Warder

Platform: PC
Generalno1 wrote:

Started looking at the forum piece during the exciting runup to Skyrim's release. The temporary pre-release subforum had a lot of genuinely helpful and thoughtful posters in it, which impressed me: user soda popinski stands out particularly to my memory in this regard. The moderation was good, too (read: strict but fair).

Had some fun times in Skyrim-General... until it died (went into torpor?) sometime late Jan early Feb 2012. People's passion and interest had died down by that point, the thoughtful discussions and debates dried up; many worthies departed for points unknown or drastically cut back their participation, presumably to await the DLC. Vainly hoping to keep the good times rolling, I blundered ventured into the General section...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:33 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
I used UESP for a very long time in my Oblivion career; about two years worth. I saw a forum button and hey; I love forums! So, yeah.

Mods, the majority of these people just happened to see the forum link. Maybe you should make it bigger/more noticeable to attract attention? Just a thought.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:00 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
I mean, like, make a logo and put it somewhere on the front page or something. Something bigger than a little blue word, you know?
Just a thought though.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:24 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Believe wrote:
My initial reactions (from memory) were: Duruza practically owned the forum. Avron and Nanza were mini-mods, cos the actual mod's almost ever came online. AKB was a robot. I also thought it was strange how many people (especially males) liked ponies, I've never encountered that anywhere else.

Pretty much the same thing here, though Avron and Nanza were by then full moderators.

Will Zurmacht wrote:
Generalno1 wrote:

Started looking at the forum piece during the exciting runup to Skyrim's release. The temporary pre-release subforum had a lot of genuinely helpful and thoughtful posters in it, which impressed me: user soda popinski stands out particularly to my memory in this regard. The moderation was good, too (read: strict but fair).

Had some fun times in Skyrim-General... until it died (went into torpor?) sometime late Jan early Feb 2012. People's passion and interest had died down by that point, the thoughtful discussions and debates dried up; many worthies departed for points unknown or drastically cut back their participation, presumably to await the DLC. Vainly hoping to keep the good times rolling, I blundered ventured into the General section...

This too, perhaps more so in the beginning.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:39 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: 1, 2, 3 & Tactics
Like so many others I had been using the Wiki for a long time, or at least, as long as I had been playing Oblivion, before I ran into a problem that I could not solve by using the Wiki. I don't remember whether it was a curse that wouldn't lift or a missing NPC that brought me here, but one of those. I would then, silently disappear to hibernate for half a year, and then when rumours about Skyrim began to surface, I was intrigued and excited, so I went back to the forums to discuss the forthcoming game, and as time passed by I eventually joined the General subforums. I still haven't acquired Skyrim, but I stuck around, because I liked the people on the boards.

“I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally. ”
"Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:03 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: I-V
Platform: PS3, PC
Unionhack wrote:
I used UESP for a very long time in my Oblivion career; about two years worth. I saw a forum button and hey; I love forums! So, yeah.

Mods, the majority of these people just happened to see the forum link. Maybe you should make it bigger/more noticeable to attract attention? Just a thought.

Are you sure. They are always like, "Use the forums." "Talk on the forums." "This belongs on the forums."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:38 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, skyrim
Platform: PS3
I had got skyrim the day before (which was christmas day) and had gone on google to find out some stuff, and one of the pages I tapped on led to this forum. I had nose around and saw some threads I wanted to put my tuppence worth into, so I registered.

Hotel room by yourself men's underpants Las Vegas.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:10 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Other Profiles: Turelek (Nexus), Rahabtheseadragon (Xfire).
I was on UESPW and...while I was browsing saw the "forums" and clicked it like 3 months from when I found the link.

"Do not mock me Raziel. You of all us should respect the power bestowed, by a limitation overcome."
Time Fades even Legends.
http://www.thelostworlds.net/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:26 pm 
Warder
Warder

Believe wrote:
Stormborn wrote:
Generalno1 wrote:

It's alright Stormy. You understand me just fine, no?

I believe I do.

The pony thing completely threw me as wll. At first, I was like are these people taking the [&@%!] or what? turned out they're serious. If they're not hurting anyone it 's fine with me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:39 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: X-box 360(post), PC
how was this the first place? literally every community I go through, where ever the hell it is, I find bronies.

Spoiler:
Made you look

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:49 pm 
Warder
Warder

Maybe for internet savvy young men Bronnies are everywhere. But no one I know and no where I've been before UESP have I come across a Bronny. Pokemon either for that matter, seem to recall they were popular with kiddies in the late 90's but thought they were buried alongside Pogs, Tab and Captain Planet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:28 pm 
Champion
Champion

Interesting... I thought Duruza was a mod back then, too.

Speaking of which, why the roles always change from person to person? When I joined, for example, Leilah, Andere and H8Ball were mods. Now they're regular members...

Anyway, it's hard to remember how I found UESP. I think I had trouble with Oblivion at a point and searched GameFAQS for help. One of the faqs said something about the "Unofficial Page" and I decided to search for it on Google. You know the rest. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:54 pm 
Warder
Warder

Andere was a cool mod.

I just noticed the link one day. I lurked here, decided to join... waiting two months until I activated and I've been active ever since. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:09 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, (PC), Oblivion, Skyrim (360)
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: GT: The Frosty Mage, Steam: Frost Mage, Skype: frostmage79x
Generalno1 wrote:
how was this the first place? literally every community I go through, where ever the hell it is, I find bronies.

Aye, they're everywhere.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:27 pm 
Warder
Warder

Infecting the internet. Everywhere... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:17 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC desktop
Stormborn wrote:
Maybe for internet savvy young men Bronnies are everywhere. But no one I know and no where I've been before UESP have I come across a Bronny. Pokemon either for that matter, seem to recall they were popular with kiddies in the late 90's but thought they were buried alongside Pogs, Tab and Captain Planet.

To take that in a wider perspective, you need to leave mankind and this planet to avoid them - out there you'll probably run into an Alien race called Bronnies!

I STRESS: I don't like people being called by names.

POMC S117 wrote:
Andere was a cool mod.

Thanks. An early birthday present, I take it. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:25 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion! Skyrim
Platform: PS3
I was patiently awaiting the release of skyrim and while trying to find as much info as possible noticed the forum link on the left column of the main page. I was quickly blown away by the level of knowledge and lore evinced by fellow forum members. Since then I started learning more about all the back stories in the elder scrolls series. Quite remarkable I tell you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:01 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: All the main ones besides Arena
I had used the site in the past and had no idea there was a forum for a long time, well... years. I ended up noticing the forum link after closer inspection and decided to ask a question that I was unsure of pertaining to optimizing an Oblivion character as I hadn't done so in the past.

I still have that character on my memory card actually lol.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:31 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
I'll answer this as a newish forum member. I've known about UESP for years and years, great resource, etc etc. I looked at the forums very occasionally but never felt the need to join. When I started getting into Skyrim enough that I wanted to "join the fandom," I realized that I wasn't getting a community feel from the same kinds of venues as I was from Mass Effect, my other main thing - the Skyrim livejournal community isn't that active, the Skyrim kink meme...is what it is, tumblr makes my skin itch and my blood boil, and I didn't feel like joining the official forums. Then I remembered, hey! UESP has a forum, I should join! And I like it here. High fives.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:33 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: UESP wiki: JR
I'm active on UESP wiki (as JR). Seen some of the discussion lately. I'm pro-inclusiveness and also respect individual liberty. Hope to get to know the forums ... but I'm hard to pull off the wiki!

Also, your activation email was sent to spam by gmail. Anything you can do about that? I don't know myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:48 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them!
UESPoints: 5
Well, welcome aboard! Always great to see a wiki user! Did you say hello in our welcome thread?

Nothing much you can do, as that's how Dave set it up, but if you go into Gmail and mark the UESP address as safe, it'll avoid that going forward - which is important, as you'll get some notifications if you don't adjust your settings (for PMs and what not).

But if you need anything, you can let us know! I also have a talk page on the wiki so you can always swing by. :)

"[...] for the lives of gods are not what mortals think and matters that weigh only years to mortals weigh on gods forever."
The Tribunal Temple, Nerevar at Red Mountain

Find the S'wit:
ESO PC-NA: @Avron | Legends: nosoundcomes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:01 pm 
Champion
Champion

I was using the wiki for about a year, then one night, clicked "forums"

Here we are 3 years later.