UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Ask a Moderator!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:12 am 
Layman
Layman

UESPoints: 0
I've been wondering whether the name Tea Party Mods is still appropriate in 2012, given that the majority of Americans - and even plenty of non-Americans - will hear "Tea Party" in the US politics sense, rather than in the "Mad Hatter's Tea Party" sense. I don't know whether it could be replaced with something more Elder Scrolls-ish, like 'Pelagius's Mind Mods' or 'Shivering Isles Mods'? You know, something to get across the idea that they're mostly responsible for moderating the, uh, crazy parts of the forum ;). Even 'Sheogorath's Tea Party Mods' would put the emphasis back on the type of party where you go to enjoy yourself, rather than a political party.

Post subject: Re: Ask a Moderator!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:53 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
The status of the Tea Party Mods existed prior to the political implications, and are effectively just moderators in training. Over on the Discord Server, they got renamed as Junior Mods. In fact, practically no staff role across all of uesp is TES themed, to help draw the distinction of their role and their purpose more clear.

For the short duration most folks would be a TPM, the name and reason why they were pink was just to help em appear more fun/approachable. As far as changing the name on the forums, I don't see a reason why would need to

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7