UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help with Knights of the Dragon
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:21 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox360
UESPoints: 0
I just got into daggerfall, and derped around for about 5 minutes until i found the headquarters of the KotD, so naturally, i joined them. The first quest i was given was one where i had to go kill an orc who lives in The Saheusah Cave.

All fine and good right? wrong. I get there, clear out most of the cave except for one room. This room is blocked by a metal cage which holds a rat captive. Anyway, the only way i can go deeper into the dungeon is to get past this cage (note, theres no door to the cage). Please give me pointers.

Additional info: the dungeon basicly goes in a circle, with the only rooms being the room in the center blocked by the cage, and another room off to the side that is empty.

I killed 1 orc as soon as i entered the dungeon, and the rest of the enemies are rats and bats.

TLDR: help me get past The Saheusah Cave quest for KotD.

Post subject: Re: Help with Knights of the Dragon
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:54 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim
Platform: PC
First of all welcome to this amazing game!

For your quest, did you get a message after killing the orc? if not you have to keep going, if a message pops up after you kill him then you are free to go back to finish the quest.

As for the dungeon, I've never been to that particular one and even if I do I don't think I can help you because most of them are too complicated, but here are a few hints you might find useful:

Look for hidden doors, sometimes they are on sides of corridors, check your map constantly, and you might see that there is a door hidden behind a wall that you haven't explored yet.

There are levels on the wall or on the ground, those on the wall operate a tile of floor that either goes up or down, those on the ground often operate a wall that moves back and forth, make sure you know what these are doing when exploring the dungeon. I've only encountered this once but there is a switch that was hidden as a torch in one dungeon, so you might want to try that as well.

And last but not least, you can cheat if you just cannot find your target in a vast dungeon. USEP has a page that tells you how to activate those, and the codes are [ and ]. Simply tap them and you will be teleported to various quest locations in the dungeon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:50 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena,Daggerfall,Oblivion,Morrowind,Skyrim
Platform: PC,Xbox
Other Profiles: schneevs67,schneevs
I had the same thing happen with the cage blocking the entrance to the only room that would lead further into the dungeon. It is like a rectangle that leads back to the entrance. I tried to levitate and climb the cage to no avail. No other secret doors found. Looks like it might be a broken quest. :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:02 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Daggerfall, Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: DOS, Xbox
Aquaflute is probably correct: look for a podium or a torch or a skull or something nearby that moves that cage.

You can, alternatively, exit the dungeon and reenter it--doing this will reset everything inside so the Orc you are hunting may be relocated to an accessible area.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:24 am 
Layman
Layman

I know this is almost older than me lol but since no one answered it I thought i could do it.

Like the others said before in the specific dungeon there is a torch right next to the door which is blocked by the cage. just interact with the torch and the cage should move to the side