Switch to full style
A place to discuss and ask questions about the second part of The Elder Scrolls series
Topic locked

Disappointed in UESP (with regard to Daggerfall)

Tue May 22, 2007 3:07 am

This is not a flame, and I'm sorry if this is unpopular.

I tend to go back and replay Daggerfall every year or two. For a few years now I've been using UESP, which was quite excellent.

A while ago, UESP became a wiki. When it did, a lot of the good data was destroyed and removed, and it lost about half of its usefulness.

Now, I'm comming back again, and its even worse. The main quest walkthroughs are aweful, almost impossible to follow (with regard to dungeon walkthroughs), and have no screen shots.

What happened to all the old walkthroughs/guides?

Are they backed up anywhere? I trashed my hardcopys about a year ago.

Tue May 22, 2007 11:17 am

I know when I first found the site I used it for the Painting Theft main quest and in the end once I'd managed to get back out without using spells I noted down my route and added it to try make it even a little clearer.

Shame its not as good as it once was - I think it looks like Morrowind onwards will be well supported and everything before then probably fade into dust. :(

Interesting you pop back to play every couple of years - I still do that too!

Tue May 22, 2007 3:56 pm

I am sure DaveH still has all the info it just hasn't been translated to wiki yet. They seem to be working on Oblivion and Morrowind more.

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:26 am

I would link to the old content, but I can't because the spam filter doesn't think I've been registered long enough. (go figure)

Just search for "uesp daggerfall" on google though, and it should bring up the link to the old content.

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:55 am

Sevalecan wrote:I would link to the old content, but I can't because the spam filter doesn't think I've been registered long enough. (go figure)

It's because you don't have 10 posts yet.

Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:28 am

I posted much more than 10 now and i still can't post links

Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:00 am

You need to have 10 posts and be registered for at least a week.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:50 am

I'm sorry you're disappointed by UESP's coverage of an old game.

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:10 pm

You can still access the old version of UESP, here. :)

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:58 pm

I have become very dissapointed by the forums lately. I was on break for about a month and I just came back today. There are bots everywhere, spammers, and everyone is very rude. What happened to the old UESP!

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:20 am

Quiglesigles wrote:I have become very dissapointed by the forums lately. I was on break for about a month and I just came back today. There are bots everywhere, spammers, and everyone is very rude. What happened to the old UESP!

Well, you guys all left, so bear had to do everything by himself.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:21 pm

I appreciate the words satan_n_stuff, but I think they are falling on deaf ears. He hasn't done any moderating since getting the title(I suspect the title was all that was wanted), why start now.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:23 pm

im sorry i have to say this... owned

Re: Disappointed in UESP (with regard to Daggerfall)

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 pm

In regards to dungeon walkthroughs... You guys do know they're randomly generated, right?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Try not to necro-post, (Reviving old topics).
It's against the forum rules.
Does this count as one?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Is it really necro-bumping if the old topic is removed, and the 'poster' (?) is unaware that it's a past topic?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:15 pm

It does indeed count, because necro-posting is covered in the rules, and every member has the obligation to familiarise him- or herself with the rules.

Go have a look at the rules, please: I've even added a bit to it that explains where to look for the date of the last post. Locked.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:10 am

Tsuki Ouji wrote:In regards to dungeon walkthroughs... You guys do know they're randomly generated, right?

Yeah, this topic is quite old. Please avoid posting in topics like this.
Topic locked