UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3842 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 154  Next
 Post subject: Tell Us About Yourself and Your Interests!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:28 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon (never played), Oblivion
Platform: PC, and 360
UESPoints: 0
I felt the sudden urge to make a new thread last night but I held it off til I had something good. It dawned on me that, though, I've been here for about 2-2 1/2 months, I barely know anything about you. I'm sure there are posts where you've let out little bits of information, and if I were to search through them all I would find out just exactly where you live. However, I wanted to group all of this into one. So tell us a little bit about yourself.

Suggestions would be favourite colour, place of origin, place of occupancy, desires in life, plans in life, plans for vacations, what kind of pets you have, etc. Anything that you think might be interesting for the forum-friends to know.

I'll start off:

I live in a magical land called "Oklahoma" near a magical city called "Oklahoma City" (A.K.A. The Big Friendly [and proud of it!]).
I'm a vegetarian, and plan to go full blown vegan as soon as I get a place of my own (That's right, this wolf is stickin to bark!).
My eyes are hazel (just in case :P ).
I plan to go to OU and train to be a meteorologist while at the same time doing Air Force ROTC and go into the air force as a trained meteorologist, and after my service, have the air force pay for my medical school so I can get a degree in Psychiatry (So Mr. Tornado, you've killed hundreds of people. How does that make you feel?).
I have my Learner's Permit and am eligible to get my driver's license in November.
I'm Caucasian.
My favourite colour is blue.
My favourite pet is a kitten (No one can resist the cuteness!!)
I want to have a female gray and white husky with blue eyes, a female Maine Coon and a male Turkish Van as pets.
My Social Security number is ***-**-****.

That's about all I can think of for now. If I want to add stuff later I will, but for now, why don't you guys fill in the rest?

MUCH later edit: This thread now encompasses not only the topic of introducing information about yourself, it also may be used to tell information about your interests, as the name states.

Last edited by Wolf on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:32 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Yes
Platform: 9¾ leaving in 5 minutes.
I'm, as you probably know, Half English, Half Irish, I live in England, I'm 5189 days old. I like old comedy, like Monty Python, I'm extremely eccentric, sarcastic and dry. My favourite colour is purple. I'm an amateur write (kind of hard to be professional when you're still in school;)) but I can't write serious stuff at all, so my Novel shall be a complete Joke. As for pets, Dog (the one in my sig) Cat, and a Kitten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:46 am 
Warder
Warder

well i live in LA but i have lived in the Midwest before.....I miss Illinois..........anyway im Hispanic.....i am 15.....i go to a private school and i like to travel. i have been to around 7 states including Michigan though i will never return to nevada.......as i now have a fear of melting..........i read a lot and i play a lot of games and i love watching serious movies like pans labyrinth. my social security number is**********you didnt actually think i would post that did ya?
i love to write and i someday hope to write my own book and become an author......i have a huge imagination and am most likely to be thinking of several things at once i love animals.......i love the rain forests i am a real nature freak.........i do eat meat however........to hard to give up......... and thats about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:54 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon (never played), Oblivion
Platform: PC, and 360
I hear ya; I had been thinking about being a vegetarian for a long time and one day I looked it up online to see just what the heck you had to do to be a vegetarian. Well, that's when I learned about the animals.... I also learned that vegetarians do believe that eating meat is a natural progression in evolution and it is a good thing. The reason they don't eat it is because of the stuff they do to the animals here in America. I was about ready to throw up when I finished reading it.

(You put 10 asterisks, socials are only 7 numbers :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:59 am 
Warder
Warder

i have thought about it but it is just too hard to give up..........i know about the animals...i have seen the animals i eat........they are very innocent creatures.......but what can i do? oh and as for the asterisks....i just typed randomly.i didnt count it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:08 am 
Champion
Champion

-snip-

Last edited by The Dog Whisperer on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:58 am 
Novice
Novice

Since you blokes have handed out your name, I'll hand mine, and no I'm not kidding with my last name. The first name is Dillon (pretty generic I know), and my last name is... *Gasp* GOTHAM. (:lol:) Anyways, 14 as of posting, and I live in Carmichael, California, residing within rental home with my mother, step-dad, and sister. Comedy doesn't interest me like it does most, my interests lie in more serious literature and film entertainment. Favored colors: black/white (if you consider them colors), blue, green, brown, and yellow.

First, and fore-most, writing and artwork are my passions. Generally, dragons or dinosaurs end up somewhere in my free-time artwork. The writing I do is of fantasy literature, usually involving fantastic creatures like dragons and griffins and the like. The art almost always consists of a dragon. I've got a little Bearded Dragon which I named 'Bacon' because he's pork, not beef.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:10 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC.
Firstly Id like to oint out this thread here http://forums.uesp.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... t+yourself
Im not complaining btw, just thought it was funny that there was another thread with the exact same title nearly :lol:

Excerpt from ze wiki (my wiki page):
Guy wrote:
In real life Im a young budding Irishman, too young to mention here(okay seeing as how you twisted my arm, Im 15). A fiery [&@%!] (yes I said [&@%!], not the other word. [&@%!] is an Irish colloquilism. NOT a curse word) with a good heart and the smarts to know the difference which also doesnt mean I dont know how to have fun :wink: .I first came upon the Great and Awesome Being that is the Wiki about a year ago when I was looking for walkthroughs of my new game, Oblivion. I typed in something along the lines of "Walkthrough for x" ("x" being the quest I was stuck on at the time) and low and behold "UESP" popped up in the search results. I clicked and Ive never gone back to Gamefaqs since. I started out just nosing through the walkthroughs and then one day I noticed the Forums link down the bottom left of the page. So I registered there under the name "Guy No. 2".

Quote:
I generally don't like old comedy. I tend to be more into the modern side of it. The Mighty Boosh, The IT Crows, but only British (and Irish obviously) stuff, anything else just isn't funny to me. But there's a generally there. I do like a few older shows, I don't know many people who can say they don't like Monty Python.

*gasps* Oh you dont like the Mighty Boosh?! God I hate that show so much! One night I was at a friend's and one of the peoples brought over the entire first season of the Mighty Boosh and he made us all watch it!! It was so bad :cry: The IT crowd isnt bad though :D Persoanally I prefer comedy panel shows British or Irish e.g. The Panel, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, 8 Out Of 10 Cats. Oh and I loved The Life Of Brian. I saw it when my Religion teacher brought it it one day for class :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:36 am 
Guardian
Guardian

Location: They have a large barge with a radio antenna that they charge and discharge.
My name is Aragorn Love-Muffin. I enjoy sunsets and long walks in the park. I am seeking an attractive 18-20-year-old with similar interests. PM me if you're interested.

(I will fill this in properly at a later date)

Fanfiction :: Music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:48 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Guy No. 2 wrote:
Quote:
I generally don't like old comedy. I tend to be more into the modern side of it. The Mighty Boosh, The IT Crows, but only British (and Irish obviously) stuff, anything else just isn't funny to me. But there's a generally there. I do like a few older shows, I don't know many people who can say they don't like Monty Python.

*gasps* Oh you dont like the Mighty Boosh?! God I hate that show so much! One night I was at a friend's and one of the peoples brought over the entire first season of the Mighty Boosh and he made us all watch it!! It was so bad :cry: The IT crowd isnt bad though :D Persoanally I prefer comedy panel shows British or Irish e.g. The Panel, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, 8 Out Of 10 Cats. Oh and I loved The Life Of Brian. I saw it when my Religion teacher brought it it one day for class :lol:

I like all that stuff too... QI is comedy gold. Stephen Fry = Funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:38 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: Obliwind.
Platform: Game Cube 360
I won't say to much.....

I live in Texas, and I'm willing to fight for because I live in Texas.

I love soccer or football for our european people and austrailia.

I have a disturbing love for Cod4, and FF7 is the best game, contrary to what Dogmantra thinks. :P

I go to school.

That's about all I'll say but, I'm also your king. :Twisted Evil:

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."- Mohandas Ghandi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:49 pm 
Champion
Champion

Guy No. 2 wrote:
Quote:

But...
And yeah, I do like it. It's different (extremely so) and has a lot of qualities that most comedies seem to miss. Like the moon!
Panel shows are ok, NMTB is probably my favourite (Although The Panel is good when it doesn't have that woman, Mairead Farrell, I can't stand her) but Mighty Boosh is just so different, how many shows can you name that have demon nanas, a talking moon, an underwater err... transvestite (I'd fo further into it but I think I may have gone too far already... :oops: ), yetis and an awesome guitar player named Rudi van Disarzio who, with his friend Spider Dijon, deafeated the evil betamax and found the new sound... oh, and they have doors in their heads. :wink:
Plus it's got awesome music too. :P

Dogmantra wrote:
Stephen Fry = Funny.

He can be, but a lot of the time he can come across a little snobby and pretentious. I find Alan Davies a lot more funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:59 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Location: They have a large barge with a radio antenna that they charge and discharge.
The Dog Whisperer wrote:
and an awesome guitar player named Rudi van Disarzio who, with his friend Spider Dijon, deafeated the evil betamax and found the new sound... oh, and they have doors in their heads. :wink:
Plus it's got awesome music too. :P

I love that bit!

"What will you do with Betamax now?"
"We will tape over him with the snooker"

I've been watching a lot of Buzzcocks on Youtube recently and I think my favourite bit is where Donny Tourette is on, and the question is why a tin of purple paint got Prince arrested, and Phil Jupitus says "I'm prepared to take whatever answer Donny Tourette gives" and Donny just goes "Er... did his helmet turn blue?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:23 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim
My real name is Chris. I'm currently 15, so still in High School. I reside in South Florida, I'm about 20 miles north of Miami.

I like listening to music, mostly older stuff like AC/DC, Journey, and a few newer bands, Linkin Park mostly. My favorite movie, or movies I should say, is probably the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It's my favorite probably because it's so different from other movies. When I watch action movies I usually laugh at how unrealistic they are, and I usually don't laugh at comedies.

Anyways though, at school I'm really into World and U.S. History. I can't stand Math though, it will be my undoing. I like hanging out with friends, most of the time we just make fun of things, mostly teachers.

I enjoy writing, even though I'm not really good at it. Recently, I took up writing stories about the Elder Scrolls universe, which was actually pretty fun, so I might continue with that. And who knows, maybe I'll be a writer.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do after High School. For some reason joining the military always seems to come up. Other than that I have no idea what I would want to do as a career.

One thing I do know I want to do is travel. It just drives me crazy thinking of all the places I'll never see in this world. And while yes, I'd like to go to Paris or London, probably the most cliche destinations; I'd also like to see South America, Japan, China, the rural areas of Europe. That's what I really want to do.

Well, that's all I can think of for now, I may add more later.
:D

And realize you're living in the golden years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:37 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Well, I'm 20, I'm half-English-half-Irish and I've been living in Germany for 10 yrs.

I'm studying archaeology, coming into 3rd semester. What will I be doing after that? No idea. but i do want to move back to a country where they can pronounce my name ^^.

Some hobbies are playing piano, ballet/jazz dance, drawing...
I like listening to film soundtracks, "Irishy" music (enya, clannad) and metal (mostly nightwish), as well as any kind of good mood/dance songs. I'm a Monty Python and Blackadder fan, I think John Cleese is brilliant. I love films and books like LotR, PotC, Narnia, Troy, Pan's Labyrinth, Phantom of the Opera, etc etc...

I enjoy nature, and do my best to live a happy-go-lucky-life and improve the lives of those around me.

Or something to that extent :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:45 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

[failburn]

Last edited by The Raven on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:50 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Caz wrote:
I think John Cleese is brilliant.

Eric Idle > John Cleese.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:08 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Dogmantra wrote:
Caz wrote:

Eric Idle > John Cleese.

true, he's good too... but i still like john cleese. having a good laugh at fawlty towers atm :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:39 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Well I livie In England, I am eleven years old and I loathe football if I had the power I would destroy all the footballs and football making factories in the world and ban football, I cannot go near a football and I have only evr played football once were I threw the ball into the goal and was told it was wrong. ugh. I always get hit in the face by footballs. I think they hate me back. I don't like people. and I recently got 5,5,5 in my sats.

SOLOF (Society Of Loathers Of Football)

(I'm currently making a solof sig)

Anyone who would like on just ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:04 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Caz wrote:
Dogmantra wrote:
Caz wrote:

Eric Idle > John Cleese.

true, he's good too... but i still like john cleese. having a good laugh at fawlty towers atm :D

Eric Idle sings
John Cleese does not :P

Ah man, Fawlty towers... "That Vase cost 85 pounds!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:14 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Right I'm going to stop pratting around now.

I go by many names. Some call me Dolphin-Boy. Others call me The Wizard. Others call me The Great Bowl. Some call me Secret Peter. Where is he hiding? In the bush? In the cupboard? Down the lane? On the roof? No, he is inside your mind. Others call me Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrubety-bubety. If I was to compare myself to one person it would be James May.

I'm 20 (yes I know I don't act it, even worse is the fact that I'm 21 in less than a month). I'm a Libra. I'm currently 2/3 of the way through a degree in Music Technology at Birmingham City University (which is awful, don't go there kids). My interests are mostly music, bit of telly, bit of computering, half a shandy every now and then and the occasional game of Guyball.

As you may know I play piano and harmonica, try to sing and use the guitar as a tool with which to make noise. My band Primeval Blue have virtually ceased to exist now so when I get back to uni I'm going to try and get my solo acoustic project Flooding Rivers off the ground, look out for a shameless plug soon. I am also in an a capella post-pop outfit called Grimbob & The Jaywalkers, who have a problem of only being able to sing one line of any of our songs before we collapse in fits of laughter.

Favourite music is alt-rock and post-rock - Radiohead, Beck, Arcade Fire, Mogwai, Sigur Ros and the like - the occasional bit of folk and blues such as Seth Lakeman, Seasick Steve and loads of obscure 1920s Delta blues musicians whose songs I'm trying to learn, and some electro-noise like Maps and MGMT when I'm feeling upbeat. I despise pretty much anything from the west coast of America, pretty much anything with lead guitar in it, poofy singer-songwriters and Mika.

My top 5 comedy characters are Dr Alan Statham, Basil Fawlty, Alan Partridge, Del Boy and Dixon Bainbridge (Man Of Action).

What else? I drive a Vauxhall Corsa and dream of owning a fleet of Lexi*. I have a beard. Until Saturday I worked at Newmarket racecourse as a barman. I have a small but tightly-knit circle of friends. I'm single, but with prospects, which is nice. I have a tendency to do stupid things when I'm drunk, the most recent being telling my friend that I thought she is a good deal more attractive than my last girlfriend. Thankfully she took it as a compliment.

I hope you all feel enlightened by reading this. Please note that posting TL,DR will be considered a hostile act.

*That's the plural of Lexus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:34 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

I don't really like just saying lots of stuff about me on a forum, I'm more for the "let stuff leak out in your normal posts."

BUT, I'm more than willing to tell a BIT about myself.

I'm 19.

I'm probably one of the most arrogant people you've ever met, I'm just heaps more polite here because there aren't exactly flocks of people to act mean to like there are on very large forums/games/real life. The community here is pretty great for the most part. Also, in reference to my arrogance, whenever someone argues against my personality (quite often in largely-crowed areas), I can prove I'm totally justified in it. :P

And this is the last bit I'll mention here because there's just no other way any of you would find out because I can't think of a way I could just casually mention it in a random post that may or may not (probably the latter) have something to do with it. Out of nowhere I seem to have developed a very small religious following. I honestly don't know how. Just, suddenly a few people started revering me. o.O; Kinda makes me nervous. My only comfort about it is that my best friend in reality is one of the people that did it... but she and I were discussing that for a year and she only decided to half as a joke, half out of boredom, and interest in seeing if I could actually pull off creating a cult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:51 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
I live in Savannah, Ga.
I'm 15 years old.
I'm 5'9''
I weigh 141 pounds.
That's all I can think of.

Last edited by Teinaava on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:05 pm 
Master
Master

Oathbreaker wrote:
I'm probably one of the most arrogant people you've ever met...

I see you haven't been to my school...

Anyways, I'm technically 15, born in 1993. However, my birth certificate was mistranslated when we moved here from Russia (I was eight at the time), and it says I was born in 1994... hence the "14 years old" I usually go by.

I'm in my Sophomore year of High School. I'm mostly of an Anarchist and I follow my own twisted philosophical religion. People say I'm unpredictable and illogical, but I say there's a method to all madness.... people just don't understand mine. I also like chocolate. :)

I plan on attending GA Tech after I finish high school (3 more years!!!) in some obscure major or more likely get an undergrad degree. At the same time, I will attend the Atlanta Bartender School to get a secondary degree there.

Then I will spend 5-6 years working as a bartender, making digital drawings and selling them online, and working as a translator (Spanish - English - Russian - Japanese).

Last edited by Vesna on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:11 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hmmm..... where to start....

my first name is Ryan, my last name is Prue, and i'm a quarter Polish, a quarter German, some french-canadian (i think) and some other stuff...

I normally wear band shirts... i <3 skinny jeans.... i have snake bite piercings (no, that's not me.)....

um... I listen to pretty much all rock EXCEPT for Fall Out Boy, Panic At The Disco, and The White Stripes... i prefer the "harder" stuff i.e. Metal, Screamo, Metalcore, Hardcore, whatever.....

hmm. i'll add some stuff later

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3842 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 154  Next