UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Post subject: Re: Anime General Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:10 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: I, II, III (all wip), Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 9
Tfw SAO has another season???

I mean I defo haven't been keeping up with it but for some reason I thought it was finished years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:26 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Daggerfall, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch
UESPoints: 0
Apart from my previous comparison of Dies Irae and Elder Scrolls (like how the Morag Tong to the Dark Brotherhood is like the Schutzstaffel to the Longinus Dreizehn Order, or a baser desire of mine of wanting Babette and Rusalka to walk all over me), I find another similarity. Achieving CHIM in the Elder Scrolls series is like achieving Ewigkeit in Dies Irae, in that it requires a certain degree of ego. Basically, the opposite of that stupid line in Yugioh (where Jonouchi/Joey is trying to console Anzu/Tea about Atem passing on) that says "you don't have to understand it; you just need to accept it). CHIM is knowing and understanding how the universe works but having the ego to refuse acceptance of it. People with weak egos obviously zero-sum when they realize understanding and then sheepishly accept.

Ewigkeit is the ability of someone to overwrite the world's laws with their own cravings or desired world (using the souls of those they slay, but that's another story). Therefore, someone who just accepts the world's laws as is would have a very hard time achieving Ewigkeit. For example, in Kasumi route, where Ren is unable to achieve any significant power, Trifa consoles him saying that he should take some pride in that, as it shows that Ren is a "normal person".

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:14 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: oblivion
Platform: PC
Naruto: The tale is virtually beautiful. You have got epic fights combined with deep emotions and unpredictable story changes so as to blow your mind. Naruto Uzumaki, is a noisy, hyperactive, adolescent ninja who constantly searches for approval and reputation, in addition to to grow to be hokage, who's mentioned as the chief and most powerful of all ninja in the village.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:26 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Daggerfall, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch
Vlad Love. I do like how the garlic weakness is similar to the Elder Scrolls series. As a whole, vampires are not weak to garlic. However, there is literally 1 exception per series to that rule, and it's often played for comedy. One of the episodes parodies Castlevania and has more references to the games than the Netflix series.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:59 am 
Layman
Layman

i sugguest you guys to watch Sword Art Online one of my favorite anime of all time which has engaging elements like fantasy, action, romance, and drama and there are also many anime like Sword Art Online which are more interesting you can check them here :

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:53 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
Ngl, I liked SAO initially but the premise n story sort of lost my interest as it just turned into a power-trip harem fantasy. Cool fights, lack luster story writing

Which is funny bc the one filler arc with Yuuki was really good despite not being focused on Kirito at all, and then there's SAO Alternative which doesnt even have the same cast

I havent bothered with the newer stuff for SAO but I recognize that its mostly bc I'm just burnt out on the original writer n Kirito

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:21 am 
Layman
Layman

I’ve watched 100+ anime and it would be a pain in the ass if I make the reviews for them :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27