UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:53 pm 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

ES Games: Oblivn Goy, Morrwnd, Skrim
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: Steam: The_Nanza
UESPoints: 8
Things are getting weeeeird and I love it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:59 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
[&@%!].. Just got real..

Pokemon Snap.. 2.0?!
:

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:53 pm 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

Mon. Key. Mad. Ness.

Oh yeah it's monkey madness!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:34 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Mega Evolutions confirmed to be returning!

Litten also seems slated towards that super ugly leaked buff-furry 3rd evolution, so a everstone my Torracat shall hold.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:44 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind
Other Profiles: Steam: ZeRoc1994
UESPoints: 4
Yeah... at this point I'm either gonna keep resetting until I get a female Poplio, or go with one of the others... or just have a Poplio, not letting it evolve further. I'm the guy who played through Platinum with a male Combee on his team, and he did work.

Guys, do you realize just how glorious all of ZeRoc's puns are?
I work at Ancestry, so does that make me an ancestor ghost?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:47 pm 
Champion
Champion

I soloed Sapphire with just an Eevee once, it was great.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:47 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 2
I've always traditionally started with Water starters in Pokemon games (with Totodile if I can get away with it), but dam is this Water starter looking derpy and dumb. I don't have a 3DS and don't plan on getting one, but if some hypothetical world where I did get Sun or Moon, the Water starter looks like something I wouldn't probably pick. At this moment, the Litten line is looking the best. When the games do come out, I will be sure to read up on the plot summary and the like.

Also, several weeks ago, I got another Action Replay and have started cheating again a bit on my Gen 4 games. I'm also using it with my toughest brother and helping him get rare Pokemon and the like he that would be hard if not impossible for him to get. I'm back in business man! Time to dominate the handheld Pokemon games and help myself and others using cheats.

And in further news, I am waiting the 1.2 update of Pokemon Insurgence. As far as Pokemon fangames I've played, it's one of my favorites. I'm waiting to see if my plot predictions will come true in some way (there will be Giratina cult/organization I'm sure. The evidence is too strong for there not to be. What role will they play? Something about being damned, but I don't really know beyond that). Delta Charizard, Crobat, Gardevoir, Delta Gardevoir, Excadrill, and Feraligatr are all ready to take on the next update, when it comes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:21 pm 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

Feraligatr, you might not like Brionne, but Brionne likes you.

Hidden:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:39 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind
Other Profiles: Steam: ZeRoc1994
UESPoints: 4
Yeah, gonna have to reset until I get a female one, unless the final form is cool. I'm going to stick with my tradition of Water starters, been that way with the exception of Gen 2.

Also, new Corocoro leaks. I'm definitely wanting a Jangmo-o now, though my friends all want to keep it in the middle form, but I really like the final form's look.
Spoiler:

Now I just gotta hope that it's the pseudo of the gen, and that we can get him fairly early on...

Guys, do you realize just how glorious all of ZeRoc's puns are?
I work at Ancestry, so does that make me an ancestor ghost?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:15 pm 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

Spoiler:
Cutiefly's evolution delivers! Friggin' love this thing.

Tsareena is a pretty decent addition to the Plant People roster. I'm naming mine Catherine II.

Muk, you look delicious!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:34 am 
Initiate
Initiate

I was keeping this under lock and key because of the Pokemon RP I was trying to run, but since I killed that, I can finally reveal my Pokemon villains that I have been wanting to put into a Pokemon related thing. A basic idea of what they are (somewhat old, outdated, and indeed copied from one of my files):

Spoiler:
"As for the plot I've have, I've been wanting to use it in a Pokemon related thing but have lacked to the drive to so. Basically my plot involves a villainous organization of my own creation called the Elite Circle (EC). The EC is a ruthless, worldwide conspiracy organization that wishes to prove the world can be taken over by one group and then wish to hold control for as long as possible. The organization prefers to take their time taking over and is will commit murder, blackmailing, bribing, torture, and many other awful acts to take over. In fact, they already control part of the world either from the shadows or in open. By the time their Members start showing their faces publicly, it's already too late to stop the EC. The EC has a home region of my own making that I have not made a name for, despite knowing making up other things about it.

In order to be a full Member of the EC, one must have a full team of at least every Pokemon being level 70+ and they must also have competency. Any who do not meet these requirements are considered partial Members. Higher raking EC members are called Inner Members. It is possible for a partial Member to have authority over full Members depending on the circumstances. As the Elite Circle is a global conspiracy organization, several high profile people are either Members of the EC or are associates of it, answering the the organization in the shadows (or sometimes openly, depending on how open the EC is in the area.). Elite Circle Members are encouraged to treat each other with respect and act as at least good allies with each other, but how they treat each other varies in practice. Usually though, they follow the recommended organization policy in this case. Members are able to serve in more more supportive roles if they feel uncomfortable carrying out field work (which usually requires morally questionable acts). This is supposed to be able to be done with little penalty.

EC battle policy is to knock out others' resistance to the organization. How Members treat their Pokemon varies, but encouraged policy is to treat them as tools for advancing the EC cause. Members are free to treat their Pokemon however they want though. Pokemon are used to harm or kill dissident people and Pokemon. Using EC Pokemon for torture is not unheard either. EC Pokemon are usually as cruel as their masters, but it is not unheard of them being more or less cruel as a given handler like any Pokemon. EC Pokemon are also usually stronger than usual because of EC research making them more powerful with no drawbacks. EC members usually also carry handguns for greater self defense, intimidation, killing power, etc. Like usual, EC members are encouraged not harass or attack each other.

Life in EC controlled territory varies based on the leadership there. It can be a fine place to live, a hellhole, not much different from an average place, and so on. EC policy is to only be as ruthless as necessary to take over and keep control and not antagonize the population too much. Whether the populace knows the true identity of their overlords depends on the policy of the leadership of the territory and how long the EC has been there. Peaceful dissidence of the EC can be tolerated, but again, it varies. Any political groups that are not EC approved are quashed quickly.

The EC Leader (Leader is literally his name now. He's long since discarded his real name. It's also because I suck at naming) is extremely dedicated to the EC's goal and its Members. While he can be absolutely sadistic on non-EC members, he genuinely cares for all his Members. He makes it EC policy so that EC Members treat each other well. Leader makes sure that his plans will lose the least number of EC Members and hates taking shortcuts that will not benefit the ''entire'' organization. He's also quite good a taking traitors, genuinely missing their loss and giving them a chance to escape and go free, as long as they don't compromise the EC. Leader is very strong, very smart, very charismatic, is hypercompetent, etc. and is a very talented battler. Through the power of EC technology, he has made his Pokemon absolutely loyal to him and the EC without question and has made them stronger than normally possible and higher than level 100. Anyone who defeats him in battle (which is extremely hard, especially since he isn't afraid to fight dirty) is allowed to live for the time being, but someone else that is not an EC Member will die in their place. The EC Leader is not capable of leading all EC territory and operations all at once, so he has other leadership in place to lead in his place. While most are decent at following his ideals, some don't, earning his ire (but they aren't giving anything more than a scolding and a reassignment. Leader hates torturing or killing his Members). Leader's preferred rulership style is being ruthless and pragmatic, with some plain old sadism thrown in here and there for fun. He does not like antagonizing the populace too much, but an occasional For the Evulz moment can be thrown in to amuse the EC's Members. The EC Leader prefers to be hands on in leading, making partake in field operations himself. Despite his care for his Members, everyone else who does not wish to join the EC is disposable and his slave to him. He wishes to prove that the world can be taken over by one group, the lives of other people and Pokemon not in his organization be dammed. He treats his Pokemon well enough, but feels no reason to be friends with them. They are just his very useful tools to him, and like any good tool, must be preserved for and kept in good maintenance, but not necessarily treated like a being with feelings (thanks to his Pokemon's brainwashing though, they don't mind what he does to them) (BTW, I place Leader in his 50's).

The EC Leader's second in command a female (I don't have a name for her yet) younger than him, but still older(I'm guessing around ''late'' 30s - early 40s). She shares many of his beliefs and is very dedicated to him and the EC. The same can be said of him to her. While the two are very close friends, the relationship is entirely platonic; the two share no romantic feelings towards each other in the least (because I see no reason to have romantic relationships ever). She is also a very skilled battler and is around as strong, smart, cunning, charismatic, etc. as he is. The two are sometimes seen in operations together, but are more likely to run separate ops. When they run ops together though, they are a force to be reckoned with. Like most EC Members, Leader and his second in command carry handguns at most times. As high ranking Members, they have high powered handguns. This second in command is next in line to take over the EC and is very popular in their ranks, just like Leader.

How well the EC is known depends on the territory. While the EC aims to control who knows about them, they can't stop all from knowing. Most people who talk about the EC outside of places they openly operate are often called conspiracy nuts though. The international authorities that know about the Elite Circle classify them as extremely dangerous terrorists and a massive threat to global peace. Of course, since the EC controls parts of the world, it can be next to impossible to bring them down, including being illegal to do so. The EC also has well hidden spies in the authorities' ranks, waiting for the time to stop them. Several authority groups have been brought down by the EC as well. The EC Leader is classified as one of the most dangerous and wanted men in the world and is wanted dead or alive for high treason and many other crimes.

In other things, the EC prefers to do actions somewhat secretly and with pragmatism. They prefer tied and true methods that are cunning and mundane, even if they take time. They rarely go to the extremes the other villainous organizations go to (like tampering with Legendaries). Also, the EC has some support amongst some people and Pokemon as the best place to unite the world and bring order. The EC Leader does no believe in this, but he allows others to form their own feelings on the EC. To him, the world is his and his Members' world, others be dammed.

And that concludes my summary on the Elite Circle villainous conspiracy. I know it's dark. Some of this can be changed, especially since I have them ''win'' with little loss in my headcanon."

Organization Real Logo:

Spoiler:
http://imgur.com/a/sZ9Y7

Stuff was edited to take it out of it's original context (most of it fits well out of context though). I'd like feedback on these people. It's painful never being able implement them in any Pokemon plot.....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:22 pm 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

Well, GF didn't scrub the demo properly. Again.

Watch out for spoilers, peeps.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:27 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

I'm not going to get the games, so spoil me away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:18 pm 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

Alright, here are a few spoil-y thoughts.

Spoiler:
Overall, I'm very satisfied with the Pokémon designs. Shoutout to Morelull's evo for being incredibly creepy and endearing simultaneously.

All images haven't been mined yet, but it seems there are no fossils, which bums me out a quite a bit.

Names and typings couldn't be mined, so these two... things perplex me:
Hidden:

What are they!? It's as if someone put a spider's head inside its own abdomen, and the abdomen is a bubble. Sometimes a thing is so weird you cannot determine whether you like it or not.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:04 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
Probopass is the weirdest Pokemon to date Y/N.

On company time

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:24 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
WTF am I looking at?????

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:42 am 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

I'll never forgive Probopass for being what Nosepass turns into.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:48 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88
Hidden:

On company time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:50 am 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

Hey guys, here's a website where you can select your fave pokémon of each type: http://www.cpokemon.com/seccion/herramientas/tipos/

Behold my babies
Hidden:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:02 pm 
Champion
Champion

In related news, the famed PokéFusion App got an update and now includes all 'mons from Gen 1-3. You guys need to check this out, it's hilarious.

The PokéFusion App is a great deal of fun, so go waste a few hours of your life creating abominations.

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:16 pm 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

FINALLY some actual worthwhile information about the new games.

Spoiler:
Ultra Beast hype! I can't believe they're introducing brand new pokémon in the middle of a generation like this. Maybe there's hope for new fossils too...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:23 pm 
Champion
Champion

Spoiler:
I... Really don't like the new ultra beasts. I don't like ultra beasts in general, but these are pretty bleh. In a gen with some fantastic 'mon designs, it's kind of disappointing.

Honestly I have seen Gen 7 as a sort of net loss as far as I'm concerned. There were some GREAT things, like the elimination of HMs, stellar Pokemon design (Decidueye ilu), decent balance for an otherwise overly easy series, the wonderful regional variants, and some great music.

However, I find it hard to like some of the other choices they made, particularly the prioritization of Z-Moves over Mega Evolutions. ME's were by far my favorite addition to the series since I started playing in circa 1999, and it made some of the fights on ORAS/XY feel absolutely incredible. Nothing was more awesome than the game's primary villain tossing out their strongest fighter and go mega, only for you to do the same the following turn, and then have two goliaths wreck each other to the tune of some awesome music.

Z-Moves? Not a fan. Once-per-battle, one-turn-only, takes up a held item space, essentially just a hydro pump with 10-20 more power that you can only use once? After I got to a certain spot in the story I just stopped using them altogether. I hope they return to mega evolutions in the next iteration.

Then there's stuff like horde battles, which are neat in theory, but in practice... I don't like Zubats who can summon OTHER Zubats.

I've also been pretty disappointed in the recent outside of battle offerings in the series. Pokemon contests were dope, and they made them even better in ORAS! I was so excited for the new deal in Sun/Moon, but... Eh.

So maybe the Gen 7 additions will end better than how I'm seeing them (why not just $20 dlc instead if entirely new games?), But... Color me skeptical thus far. I'm still salty that we haven't had a decent console Pokemon in years. Colosseum is such a great title.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:53 am 
Associate
Associate

UESPoints: 0
The only difference is that I'd like you to be able to control the Pokemon directly. I'd have it as an option so that if I get lazy, I can go back to turn-based.

I was thinking it would work like this: moves below say 60 bp would be light attacks, moves above heavy, and status/stat changing moves could be considered light attacks. here's a website where you can select your fave pokémon of each type https://collectorpricing.org

This would require a significant amount of development time, so I doubt we'll ever see it, but it'd be a fantastic feature.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3048 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122