UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: UESP Best Game Ever
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:20 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: MW, OB, SR, ESO
Platform: PC master race
UESPoints: 1
I am going to be hated for this list. SUE ME.

5. Bravely Default
4. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
3. Dragon Warrior III (die Final Fantasy, die)
2. Skyrim

aaaaaand

wait for it

1. POKEMON EFFING EMERALD. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:51 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena (finished), Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion (finished), Skyrim (Currently playing)
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: (BigSnake on the Official Bethesda forum) (Snake2009 on Nexus)
I liked Metal Gear Solid first. That was my favorite game of all time. Till I first played Oblivion.

My list of my current favorite games are:

The Metal Gear Solid games. (Haven't played MGS 4 and newer yet.)

All the Splinter Cell games. (Haven't played any newer ones yet other than Double Agent for 360. Have it for PS2 now.)

And last, my new favorite game of all time...

Every Elder Scrolls game ever made. (Still haven't played Skyrim and ESO yet.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:59 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 4
This is a tough one. I have so many games that i like a lot, but i guess my top 5 are
1 Kingdom hearts
2 Skyrim
3 Oblivion
4 Dragon age origins
5 Mass effect 3
Again this was a really tough choice because i love so many games.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:13 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 0
Here's my top 5 of all time (in order):

1. Half-Life 2
- This was the first game that flat-out made my jaw drop. The whole game was just one hell of a right from beginning to the end.

2. Fallout 2 (New Vegas is a damn close second but...rose-tinted goggles)
- It was the first RPG I've ever finished. It just oozed charm which no other Fallout title (in my opinion) had.

3. Rome: Total War (Shogun 2's close but, dammit rose-tinted goggles)
- Still the definitive Total War game in my opinion. Everything about it seemed to just....click.

4. Civilization 5: Brave New World (Honestly, I'm still torn between this and Civ 4: BtS but, while BtS was deeper, I've had more fun with BnW)
- It's the only game I've been playing these days. Addictive as hell (as any proper Civ game should be) and, best of all, it was very easy to pick-up and play

5. Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
- I've spent more time with this game more than any other (except probably Rome). This is what really got me into gaming.

The rest (in no particular order and only one game per series):

Spoiler:
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2
- Virtua Fighter 5
- CS 1.6
- TES 3: Morrowind
- Deus Ex 1
- Chrono Trigger
- Xenogears
- KoF '98 (or KoF XI...)
- Homeworld 1
- Silent Hill 2
- System Shock 2
- KotOR 2
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- C&C Generals: Zero Hour
- Age of Mythology
- Rise of Nations
- Company of Heroes
- RE 4
- Dark Souls 2
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
- Sid Meier's Pirates
- Megaman Legends 2
- Power Stone 2
- MK9
- Ico (would've been my number 5 but I've still got fond memories of the arcades)
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Luigi's Mansion
- Metroid Prime
- Hitman: Blood Money

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:53 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: All the main ones besides Arena
Rome Total War was amazing in every way even if Rome was overpowered. I'm with you on Fallout 2 vs New Vegas although New Vegas>2 for me. Civ is of course great although I personally prefer Alpha Centauri over any Civ game. Half Life 2 was okay for me but I liked the claustrophobic nature of Half Life 1 more.

Overall nice list, Rome Total War is great.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:54 pm 
Associate
Associate

Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Vargrin
In no particular order:

5 Mount and Blade Warband - I have 350+ hours in this game and that's on the lower end from what I've seen. The sheer amount of content is incredible.

4 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup - Major fan of roguelikes and this is probably my favorite straight dungeon crawler.

3 Dwarf Fortress - Just an awesome open world roguelike/town management/ultraviolent wrestling simulator.

2 The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion - It introduced me to the world of the Elder Scrolls. Morrowind has a more interesting world, sure. And Skyrim certainly has more polished gameplay. But Oblivion's the one that sticks with me as my favorite. Plus having overpowered Acrobatics skill never ever gets old.

1 Deus Ex - I'm in love with stealth games and have been for years. And Deus Ex is one of the founding fathers of the genre. Add amazing music and a great story, and you have an incredible game.

Additional games (by no means less good, just ones that aren't in my top 5):

Spoiler:
Civilization V - One of the greatest strategy games out there.

GTA V - It feels silly putting such a new game here but it's already established itself as one of the best (if not the best) game in the GTA series.

Pokemon Emerald - Admittedly I may be blinded by nostalgia but still.

Fallout New Vegas - Awesome open world FPS RPG jamboree.

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura - Probably my favorite classic RPG. Absolutely worth getting over on GOG.

Chrono Trigger - Best JRPG ever made in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
I feel compelled at the moment to add my own list, but... It ain't easy.

1. Oblivion and Skyrim have tied. I blame my characters. I'm too attached to two of them (one from each game) to decide. Seryna is forcing Oblivion to the top while Vulom is pushing Skyrim to the top.
2. Black and White. So many years put into that... Shame it doesn't work well with newer systems. I usually go with the evil god + good creature combo. My main being Azaren (mostly good, but went mad after Khazar's banishment and the theft/torture of Quinn by Lethys. Regained his sanity after the defeat of Nemesis and corrected his evil ways) and his giant rainbow turtle Quinn (good, but very effective in combat. Never quite mastered feeding himself, though... At least he doesn't eat my people, unlike that stupid "good" wolf I have on my laptop. Ugh). Edit: Quinn in his current form, for those who might be interested in seeing a giant rainbow turtle. I hate how the draw distance is stuck low.
3. Rise of Nations. I mostly tend to use it as a sort of sandbox, but I had multiple games against family members/friends on the LAN. The music tends to get stuck in my head whenever I do play it.
4. Black and White 2. Ye Gods... The cities I build are ridiculous. I've modded the tribute required to purchase things so I can buy everything on the main tutorial land and the first "real" map against the Norse. In my current playthrough (can't remember the name), the city on the main tutorial land is probably around 2000 people (maybe? I can't remember) and covers a good chunk of the island. I'm trying to grow a big forest on one side, but my people keep stealing my trees. Edit #2: The city in question. I was mistaken, though. It only contains closer to 1500 minions and covers most of that end of the island. I think I was confusing it with a different city I made at some point.
5. The first three Spyro games have also tied with each other. That would be... Spyro the Dragon, Spyro II: Ripto's Rage, and Spyro III: Year of the Dragon. I still play them on my PS1. I've played some of the ones on PS2 as well (Enter the Dragonfly? I think that was the name of one of them... The others are the newer series. A New Beginning and something about an Eternal Night. I have never been able to finish those three), but they are nowhere near as good. Enter the Dragonfly (assuming that is what it's called) lags like hell on my PS2 and the newer series changes the game so much they might has well have changed the names of the characters 'cause it ain't Spyro anymore. They aren't too bad if you like killing [&@%!], but... They can't hold my attention for long.

Honorable mentions...
6. Zoo Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon 2. I recently started playing the first one again on my laptop (since it's one of the few games that thing can run) and apparently I can spend hours playing it without realizing that much time has passed. I prefer the graphics of the second one (and the added Zoo Keeper mode. Just creating a "map" for exploration was more fun sometimes than actually making a zoo), but they're both fun. Shame my current PC can't run Zoo Tycoon 2 without lagging horribly (which is kinda strange since my old one ran it just fine, even though it was weaker).
7. Some of the Crash Bandicoot games. I haven't played many, but the racing games (Crash Team Racing and Crash Tag Team Racing) stand out. Along with Warped, Crash Bash, and The Wrath of Cortex.
8. MediEvil 2. Never got to play the first one and my time with the second was limited considering my disc broke. It was fun, but I remember certain levels were extremely frustrating to child-me. The [&@%!] carnival with the fat bearded ladies, laughing and screeching... The Freakshow, I think. The pumpkin monster level (Kew Gardens?) was another. Actually, I think I could list most levels as frustrating considering I had no idea what I was doing back then. I was recently watching a playthrough for it and I found myself going, "Really? That was it? [&@%!], child-me was an idiot. I still am, but at least I'm not that stupid."
9. Black and White 2: Battle of the Gods. Technically an expansion for Black and White 2, but it runs like another game. Might as well be another game. The Aztec god has a nice growl for a voice (I find myself wishing Alduin had sounded more like him) and some of the incidents on the Norse land are comedic gold, but... The game/expansion only has three lands. Four if you count the bonus (I never did like that land). It doesn't take long to beat at all.
10. Morrowind. This one could have potentially been higher, but it suffers from the exact opposite problem of Skyrim and Oblivion. I haven't been able to create a character I like for Morrowind. I've had multiple characters over the years, but there is so much of the game I haven't done because I haven't had a good enough character to keep me playing. I like it, but without a good character, I can't play for long. Even just exploring can get a little boring after a while.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:18 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform: PC (Morrowind), Xbox (Oblivion, Skyrim)
1. Morrowind - Love at first sight and nothing compares to it.
2. SimCity 4 - The amount of custom content is amazing and still going strong.
3. Civilization 4 - My favorite version of the series, been playing since the first one
4. Final Fantasy VI / III, whatever you want to call it - My favorite of the FF series, hands down.
5. Legend Of Zelda A Link to the Past - Ocarina of Time is technically better, but i poured so many hours into this game!!!

I want to put Skyrim and Oblivion in there as well!

Old School honorable mentions -
Breath of Fire
Ogre Battle
Chrono Trigger

And I never played too many racing games, but I used to love, love, love F-zero.

Last edited by Bomar on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:39 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim (DG, HF, DB)
Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: XBL: ZackyZombify
1. Oblivion - Introduced me to the Elder Scrolls and remains my favorite for the reason of nostalgia and also because it's just an all around badass game. More fantasy than the others and beautiful to look at for a game almost a decade old.

2. Runescape (does it count as a game?) - I played this well throughout my junior high and high school. I would get my homework done during school so when I went home I could spend the rest of the day until bedtime to play this game. I always had fun, from playing Pest Control from spending 2 weeks leveling my fishing up. I wish I could go back to it.

3. Fable 2 - Best of the series in my eyes, yet worst coop. Another nostalgia game but since Lionhead wants to mess up the series the second is going to stay my favorite. Amazing characters, voice actors, story was strong and the landscaping was well made. Fable 1 was close but 2 just has a draw to me.

4. Skyrim - Not the greatest but still an ES game nonetheless. Obvious upgrades but since so much was taken away and some aspects were badly done/rushed it's low on my list.

5. This is a tough one. Assassin's Creed Black Flag - It's sooooo close to many of the other games I love but just because I'm a pirate and own my own ship, knocks it maybe 0.5% above the rest.

Honorable Mentions: Hitman: Blood Money & Absolution, Borderlands 2, Destiny, GTA V, Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:49 am 
Master
Master

Morrowind - My first TES game.
Grandia 2 - Awesome JRPG with the best combat mechanic I have ever seen in this kind of games.
Baldurs Gate Series - The king of oldschool RPG experience, best played in the Triology Version.
CIV (II & V) - GHAANDDIII!
A Link to the Past - Likely just nostalgia but from my point of view the very best installment of the Zelda Series. Tons of items, dungeons, two worlds...

RFC 5513

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:23 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
1. Morrowind
2. Star Wars: Dark Forces
3. Oblivion
4. Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
5. Star Wars Battlefront 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:59 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 2
I'm not restricting myself to numbers, numbered lists, complete personal preference, or anything like that. With that said, let's go with games that have made an impact on me and/or that I like:

Morrowind
    Skyrim
    Deus Ex 1
    Mass Effect 1
    Planetside 1
    Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds
    KotOR 1 and 2
    Battlefront 1 and 2
    Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal and their remakes HeartGold and SoulSilver
    Fallout New Vegas
    More I guess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:05 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Favorite is Skies of Arcadia Legends. Others in no particular order are

Wind Waker
Skyrim
Ocarina of Time
XIII

It's not pretty, we're dealing with some pretty profound ideologies here, y'know, on the one side, anti-abortion, on the other side: Jango! I've got a machete. - Wendell Stamps

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:24 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Elder Scrolls Online
1. Elder Scrolls Online
2. The Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone
3. Mass Effect 1
4. Carmageddon ( very old game )

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:36 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox
Other Profiles: Creator Of All (Xbox)
1. Baldurs Gate 1
2. Baldurs Gate 2
3. Oblivion
4. Civilization 2
5. Civilization 6.

I'm not biased. You're biased.

I somehow feel that if the mods were all gods.. Believe would surely be the God of Awesome and Booze

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:12 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: I, II, III (all wip), Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 9
Ooh baby we necroing it up in here. Might as well put mine up as well, now that I've got an excuse to.

Idk if I can really order them or not, but these are probably definitely my top 5.

1. Oblivion
2. Dragon Age 2
3. Crash Team Racing
4. Fallout: New Vegas
5. Little Big Planet

Honourable Mention:
Um Jammer Lammy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:07 pm 
Layman
Layman

Call of Duty 4
Age of Mythology Gold Edition
Pokemon Emerald (GBA)

Metroid Prime
Oblivion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:55 am 
Associate
Associate

Travalanche wrote:
I liked MediEvil a lot back in the PS1 days! Dragon Age Origins also nearly made my list but not quite. I'm not surprised about all the people that liked Mass Effect but it wasn't for me, too linear. Jade Empires similar but has more soul to it and Baldurs Gate trumps both in my eyes.

The Rune Factory series is also something amazing, the games are very complete.

Respect to the devs for going for an almost exact remake, faults and all, and not going for a ‘re-imagination’ and adding modern design and features. That 90s PS1 game design was a joy to play again. One of the best remakes I’ve played.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:49 am 
Layman
Layman

Prince of Persia
GTA5
Dragon Ball
Yu-Gi_Oh! Master Duel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:48 am 
Associate
Associate

I adore Mass Effect and its lore, but I really hope that after all of their efforts, they don't just stop at three games, but instead create a new hero in another part of the galaxy and begin a new epic story for it.
Metal Gear Soild GOTP's
TES: Oblivion (PS3)
Hitman Blood Money (PS2)
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (PS3)
GTA San Andreas (PS2)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14