UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: SoulsBorne Thread(FromSoftware franchises)
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:44 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
But it wasn't that. Areas I had already cleared out went to ???? and no longer able to warp to.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:59 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: III, IV, V
Platform: XB1
UESPoints: 10
You mean there were actual bonfires that you'd *definitely* discovered that were now '???' ?

There are a quite a few bonfires here and there that are easy to miss first time through the game - they would suddenly appear in your fast travel list as ??? after talking to the Queen. But if you're sure that's not the case then that's weird. :/

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:53 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
Reminder, magic scales off of multiple sources, its not just the spells. You have your Intelligence to consider, and what kind of catalyst. The later of which is alot less straight forward than say, a sword.. because while scaling is important, not all of them scale the same and some just oughtright have inherent perks.

There is a chart reference for both staffs and charms on how they each scale, at what levels they are most efficient at, and the expected damage output. Rule of thumb, if you still have an early catalyst, its probably [&@%!]

One more thing, unlike, say, DS1 which had a smaller selection of spells and really capped off with dark magics.. DS2 however has a larger variety, with different tiers and types. Soul Spear alone is like, nothing compared to some of the other spells.

What it's good at is for a large junk of damage upfront and piercing groups.. but at it's base spell, it can easily be out DPS'd by spells like Great Heavy soul arrow given the drastic difference on how they work. Crystal Soul Spear is worth its weight, but that goes without saying after what I said earlier

Also know. Not all spells are outright valued at their damage, there was good reason I listed out specific boss killing, and not, say, all of the top tier spells. Some are alot better at AOE, others for groups of enemies, and some just for PVP. Not to mention, you have the wbole attunement cost and number of castings you get to consider...

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 pm 

Yes. No Man's warf, Sinner's rise were affected. Either way, it's deleted and a new pc occured.

I don't mind there being more variety, I love it in fact but it is underwhelming with some things. Soul Spear at 40 intel does a pathetic 270 damage on bosses and not the ones who laugh at magic users's attempts to cast them dwon. I find that quantity is beating quality when it comes to magic. Do kinda wish it was possible to automatically stack spells of the same thing without needing to another slot but that would be open to abuse by players.

I find the game lacks in staves or rather, hides them too well. Literally used the starting one and only reinforcing to boost the damage.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Well, if your at 40Intel and still using that rubbish thing, your doing it all wrong. Either check up on what you could loot, or start farming up. Most end tier staffs are available late game(go figured) but one of the 3rd best, strictly sorcery staves is called the lizard staff

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:34 pm 

The game doesn't really provide many. I've literally searched all over and the only one I can get is the bone staff. :-/

The Ruin Sentinels caused me a bit of rage quit salt yesterday. No reason for it. Just me being meh with the game and it almost breaking my spirit. I did have a few tense encounters afterwards. Shrek dudes almost hammered me to death. I barely survived an encounter with a manikin after their stunlock combo. Damn, kinda forgetting the others. :(

Also, Jester Thomas almost died! :O Is... is this meant to occur!? He's Jester [&@%!] Thomas! No-one can kill Jester [&@%!] Thomas! I feel as if the game itself is getting salty and is trying to avoid me seeing the glory of a clown.

I seem to be a bit rubbish with jumping to spots. That ledge in Earthen Peak killed me 4 times. Somehow, I forgot that the best way to reach it is to not jump onto it but aim for the doorway. >.<

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:42 pm 

Thought I did a double post. Odd.

So, I've faced a few more bosses. Gonna to give my thoughts on them.

Royal Rat Bosses. Meh. The Authority seems to be one of those bosses where you can die easily if you don't take out the toxic rats otherwise, standard fight. Vanguard is a good boss in terms of atmosphere but really, it's meh to fight.

The Rotten can take his grabby hitbox and swallow a Zweihander. I hate it's dodgy hitbox. Easy boss but that grab caused me too many deaths because I dodged it then the game said "Nope." and teleports me back to his hand. >:( That's really [&@%!].

The Looking Glass Knight is a good fight though, I had no issues with him. The real boss was keeping Benhart alive. Goddamnit, Benhart. >.<.

Sod Dragonriders. Makes sense from a lore point but comes off as lazy in game.

The Demon of Song is average but after Shrine of Aggromania with homing soul arrows being spammed and archdrake priests defying the water whilst you are bogged down, tis worthy of being killed.

Then I decided to start anew. Got a bit bored. Love the Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword though.

Anyone picked up Dark Souls 1 Remaster? If so, thoughts on it? (Would love for there to be a proper Demon Souls remake.)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:07 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
I started a skill (Dex) playthrough of Bloodborne and let me tell you, I like skill weapons a lot less than strength weapons. I've used three so far and none of them match up to Saw Cleaver which I love very much or the longswords. I'm currently rolling with the threaded cane which is like a shortsword that turns into a whip.

Anyway, the Ringwraiths from Lord of the Rings in a forrest full of snakes are annoying me so I'm gonna switch to Mafia 3 for a bit. But I'd like to playthrough the entire game with this build. Bloodborne is ace. Also the game where they finally got weapon upgrading down. Although I could still do without weapon maintenance.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:53 pm 

I know Bloodborne encurages people to be aggressive. I wonder if Dex is the go to stat for the average player instead of strength based builds?

I completed Dark Souls II and er... tis alright. To be honest, after Shrine of [&@%!], it kinda kileld the game for me and I rushed it. I got real fed up of homing soul arrow spam(and this is without the patches) and it killed my enjoyment. Dragon Aerie has a nice atmosphere and did make me fear that they could swoop down at any moment. Giant lord hitboxes further killed it for me as I just stopped giving a [&@%!] about the game. That and I was overpowered. Magic melee and Staff of wisdom. That and Soul Greatsword is a extremely strong spell at 50 intel. I mean, I'm talking 1000 damage per cast. I used it against the Giant Lord along with Flame Swathe. Adia's keep is alright. Shrine of Amamna isn't and it's utter [&@%!] due to the aggro ranges. This is Demon ruins legs aggro tier and it is tedious. Demon of Song is meh.

Nashandra is cheap and easy. Cheap because of curse, easy because well, she only does a few attacks.

I hope that after From Software's new game/games, they'll either fully remake Demons or do sequels t Bloodbourne. That and one day, I shall play Bloodborne. Probably die a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:15 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Bloodborne encourages a variety of play styles, but generally falls more on which trick weapon you main than really what type/stat. All of them have phenomenal personality, you gravitate to what you like. Some are more rounded out than others(the cleaver) while others cater to different needs

The higher DPS weapons do benefit the higher aggressive style but its a boon and risk. You can hit fast, bleed alot, and really regain some health. Slower DPS weapons tend to hit hard and ironically better for crowd control. You dont have to go into a fury, just hit and move, hit and move. Your still fast, and bc of how trick weapons work you got two different modes to alternate from.

Again its all about that style and how you like the feel. And also, just how much you rely on arcane or firearms, or if your using a special niche playstyle

@Dov: 1000? Ya know :wat: there is a way to 1hit kill most bosses, with the right spell and catalyst. But hey, hexes are just too OP. Especially Climax

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:32 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Just dropping this here bc DAMN isnt it good and a good recap on all that has transpired through the series

YouTube Link

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8