UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing at the moment?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:21 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
I picked up BladeStorm:TheHundredYearsWar for £2 and it is a really surprising game. I thought it would be a Dynasty warriors clone but it's kinda isn't. It revolves about unit based gameplay and it does have elements of DW(Mainly capturing bases, defeating officers), it's quite fun. It doesn't feel repetitive though it does seem a bit half-baked. I would love to see a proper hundred years war sequel that is fully developed, has a ton of stuff and expands on units, the merc having dialogue optins etc... It's likely a marmite game though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:06 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: n/a
UESPoints: 0
I am playing The Sims on my smartphone and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PS4.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Morrowond, Oblibion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: ladyonthemoon on Steam
I'm back to:

- Morrowind,
- Oblivion,
- Skyrim original.

I'm playing each in parallel. ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:33 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox
Other Profiles: Creator Of All (Xbox)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Me oh my, yes boy this game is spectacular!! (If you don't mind the odd bug, but hey.... This is an ES forum after all..)

If you like (relatively) accurate historical RPG's, then this is for you. It's challenging, rewarding, entertaining, and you can spend the entire game drunk if you so wish. (I do wish.)

I somehow feel that if the mods were all gods.. Believe would surely be the God of Awesome and Booze

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:43 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim (All PC)
Platform: PC, 3DS
UESPoints: 1
Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries: So anyone on Discord that has been around on the off chance I mention these games knows that getting any of them running is a [&@%!]! This said, I got a HOTAS controller for this and some other games, and it has been a blast! Nothing says love like lighting up mechs with 4 large lasers and a heavy gauss rifle!

Overload: From the creators of the Descent series, now I was worried they'd lose the spark that made Descent 1 and 2 so damned great. Oh man, SOO happy I was worried over nothing here! If you played Descent, it is just like that but with some modern tweaks...It kicks my ass though. *drools*

Heard it here, folks!
Formerly known as FireAcolyte, but now twice as awesome
UESP's Burning Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:07 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games: oblivion, skyrim
Platform: xbox 360/one
UESPoints: 14
Just started Rime. It's really good. It's got great music throughout, good graphics, and you just have to explore and figure out 'puzzles'. There are some lovely cutscenes that are very atmospheric, and while I don't know where I'm going to, or why I'm going there, the game is intriguing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:25 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
Star Wars: Battlefront was on sale for $20 so I got that. Actually not that bad at all now that they removed all of the BS.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:57 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

So, World 1 of Rime was nice and peaceful, however...
Spoiler:
World 2 had a big prehistoric bird trying to get you, and now World 3 has got these creepy ghoul things that try and get you.

Why you give me jumpy moments and apprehension game? I no want stress.
(Game is still mucho good though.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I am now playing Unmechanical. I am a little flying robot that's been stuck in an underground land and I'm solving logic puzzles to get out and find out what's going on down there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:47 pm 
Champion
Champion

My girlfriend and I played Monster Prom, it was super cute! She ended up with Damien (the demon boy) and I got with Polly (cute ghost girl).

Definitely recommended, it's a cute party game.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:01 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Playing Crysis...For an 11 year old game, it really holds up well graphically...Now, it's no Witcher 3, but I'm still impressed at the tech! Also, pew pew!

Going back into Battletech soon...What can I say? RTS and mechs mesh well!

I got Hellblade, Senua's Sacrifice and Sherlock: Crimes and Punishment in the Steam Sale, so I think I'll start off with Hellblade soon! Heard it is fantastic!

Heard it here, folks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:05 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them!
UESPoints: 5
I've been working my way through Tyranny at a snail's pace. Anyone else ever play it? Man. An amazing game and exceptional world building and storytelling. I recommend it - despite it's grittiness and the fact it'll probably just make you mad at some point.

...oh, who are we kidding? It will be multiple points.

"[...] for the lives of gods are not what mortals think and matters that weigh only years to mortals weigh on gods forever."
The Tribunal Temple, Nerevar at Red Mountain

Find the S'wit:
ESO PC-NA: @Avron | Legends: nosoundcomes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:47 pm 
Champion
Champion

I genuinely enjoyed Tyranny, yeah. It has one of my favorite RPG mechanics in video game history; being able to mouse over a term that your character should ABSOLUTELY know about, so that you don't have to break character to ask a stupid question.

It just suffers from what a lot of Baldur's Gate imitators do; overly focused on trying to show off their lore without consideration of making the combat and the rest of the game fun. I say the game play is passable at best, and the story was only just enough to make me wanna finish it.

I've still yet to play a game I would readily say is a worthy successor to the Baldur's Gate/Planescape: Torment names.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:18 am 
Warder
Warder

Avron the S'wit wrote:
I've been working my way through Tyranny at a snail's pace. Anyone else ever play it?

Around the time it was released. An interesting premise, competently if not brilliantly executed. Had solid writing and world reactivity (choice and consequence), like most Obsidian games. Still need to play the DLC for the full experience, though. I'd compare it to Torment: Tides of Numenera, which has many of the same strengths and limitations.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:37 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them!
UESPoints: 5
Unionhack wrote:
I genuinely enjoyed Tyranny, yeah. It has one of my favorite RPG mechanics in video game history; being able to mouse over a term that your character should ABSOLUTELY know about, so that you don't have to break character to ask a stupid question.

I concur with you on that note: that feature is absolutely awesome, and a mechanic I wouldn't mind seeing used more often. Really saved me a couple of times in dialogue.

I didn't mind the stale combat, but I am not into strategy and such...so that probably tempered any expectations I had.

"[...] for the lives of gods are not what mortals think and matters that weigh only years to mortals weigh on gods forever."
The Tribunal Temple, Nerevar at Red Mountain

Find the S'wit:
ESO PC-NA: @Avron | Legends: nosoundcomes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:16 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The Bridge. ABZU. ESO.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:02 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Crysis: Beat it, sorta. The final boss bugged out, so I said screw it and marked it done
Hollow Knight (Switch): Still a great game! Was my favorite game last year, and I am still discovering things in this run as well. Mmmmm, just scratches a good itch!
Stardew Valley: Still doing multiplayer with my friend, we are making some amazing progress in the first year, actually, we hit the second year and did it with a lot of money!

Heard it here, folks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:50 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
I recently got back into Skyrim, and this is why I registered on this forum.

However, I've been playing a lot of Hearts of Iron IV and Girls' Frontline as well, these days.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:19 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
I just finished my first playthrough of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and I absolutely loved it. Like, I'm amazed it took me this long to play it, given I'm a big Metal Gear fan and I really enjoyed Bayonetta and Nier: Automata. But yeah, glad I finally did. The series, in this time period, with this character, translated really well to an action game.

Also Raiden was always a good character. He didn't become good in 4. And he's hot, like, damn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:41 pm 
Champion
Champion

I've been completely ignoring most of my outside commitments and other hobbies in favor of trying to work out a D&D session in real life. My girlfriend and I are gonna be in one that seems promising; I'm gonna be playing a Tiefling Bard named Arathir, and she's gonna be a Gnome Wizard named Mango.

I'm so, so excited.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:00 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
I installed Twitch the other month because I'd read something about earning free crates in ESO by watching ESO-related stuff on Twitch-- although I'm not sure if I understood that correctly.

Anyway, this month on Twitch you can get Wizardry 6, Wizardry 7, and Wizardry 8 for free. Many years ago I picked up Wizardry 8 without having ever played any of the other games, and I was really enjoying it. But then my computer died, and when I got a new computer and went to install Wizardry 8 on it, I couldn't find the discs. :( So I was stoked to find out that it's free this month on Twitch. I've installed all three games, and tried to play Wizardry 6 first (since they're supposed to be a trilogy), but I died really quickly. Turn-based RPGs seem so aggravating and clumsy now that I'm spoiled by real-time games like The Elder Scrolls. I may just skip straight to Wizardry 8 and see how it compares to my fond recollections.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:39 am 

KOTOR II. Far better then the original. Got the restoration and a few cosmetic mods installed. Taking a small break from it as I don't fancy narrative heavy games atm.

Railroad Tycoon 2. Love this game. There's something about managing and building railways that is so much fun.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:04 am 

Since getting everything sorted, I have played: Bladestorm:The Hundred Years War, Asura's Wrath and Dragon's Dogma:Dark Arisen. Got a new profile thus new trophies as it kinda felt right to just start over all over again. On PSN, i mean. Keeping the old accounts for archive purposes.

Anyway,

Bladestorm:The Hundred Years War.

Tis a squad based Dynasty Warriors game. I only say that because it shares the same elements. Fight, defeat officers, capture bases and repeat. The squad based combat really helps to make it stands out. Set during the Hundred Years War, you are a merc who sets out to make their own name. You can lead a variety of squads but only once you unlock the relevant book. The leveling system allows you to make a unit more powerful. E.g. Sword can level up attack. The plot is barely there and after a while, you'll end up losing interest in the gossip function. Gossip serves as a mixture of fluff and tips along with giving story missions. Merchant lacks variety after a while and you do end up steamrolling everything once you reach a certain level or know what to do. Tis crap? Nah. Unlike DW, it manages to vary itself just enough to be enjoyable.

Asura's Wrath

One of my favourite interactive animes of all time. As a game, it's a bit barebones on the combat front. You can do light attacks, jumping attacks and heavy attack with a cooldown. The real meat of the game is it's style and essentially, being an interactive anime. The plot is excellent and the first boss would normally serve as an end game boss. Asura could have been as shallow as Kratos but he is a developed character and is quite powerful. It is easy to have him steamroll everything but they avoided it. Every boss isn't that easy for him to beat and pretty much all are excellent. Music is awesome and there is a part of the game that really shows the man's pain and suffering. Also, did I mention he is [&@%!] the [&@%!] off? Because he is really [&@%!] off. The game can be summed up as I'm [&@%!] off: the game. It is a marmite game. You either love it or hate it. You
The biggest gripe I have is capcom. This was released during their cut content and sell back to us as DLC era. The [&@%!] end is Downloadable [&@%!] Conent. [&@%!]! Tis cheap nowadays but to cut out the [&@%!] true ending? That's Konami levels of [&@%!]. Also, #[&@%!]

Pretty sure I've made my opinion of Dragon's Dogma:Dark Arisen known at some point. Doing a mage based run. My thinking is that I'll max out Mage, go to sorcerer then Strider and Ranger before Magick Archer. A glass cannon but last time, I did an ungodly Mystic Knight and destroyed Dragon Dogma. Dark Arisen, however, destroyed me. It made me cry like an anime fan on prom night.

It didn't but it did defeat me and I want to conquer it. Probably start Dark ARisen towards the endgame of DD or once I'm a half-full maxed out MA.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:37 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion
Other Profiles: n/a
The Sims 4, I play this time of game whenever I feel stress.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:44 pm 

RDR and Arkham City. No thoughts this time around as i just cba to.

BUT, Arkham City is where Rocksteady got carried away with riddler trophies. 440. 440!? 4-4-0!? Granted, it's done fairly well but really, it's a bit too much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91  Next