UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:47 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
It will probably be neither. Making people angry could mean anything. Btw that last episode ended on a hilarious note. Just saying.

Spoiler:
What's up with all of the W's on the zombie heads? A couple things sticking out for me:

-Rick's friend from Season 1 that's been tracking them (last seen at the church before they all went to Atlanta to rescue Beth.
-Is he the person with the campfire that Daryl and Aaron saw? Or is it the person that tied up the girl for bait and has been hacking up all the bodies?

And I don't think Daryl is going to die. I think the season finale will include those walls coming down and a massive carnage taking place.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:24 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
UESPoints: 4
Dohva. wrote:
It will probably be neither. Making people angry could mean anything. Btw that last episode ended on a hilarious note. Just saying.

Spoiler:
What's up with all of the W's on the zombie heads? A couple things sticking out for me:

-Rick's friend from Season 1 that's been tracking them (last seen at the church before they all went to Atlanta to rescue Beth.
-Is he the person with the campfire that Daryl and Aaron saw? Or is it the person that tied up the girl for bait and has been hacking up all the bodies?

And I don't think Daryl is going to die. I think the season finale will include those walls coming down and a massive carnage taking place.

Season finale tonight! I am so excited to find out what happens!

Spoiler:
I think we can all agree that the season finale will have a lot of death (whether it's Daryl or someone else) at least, but we'll need to watch it to find out who. I personally think that the W's are going to end up being the Wolves (either an interpretation of Negan's group or another group from the comics) that the show has been teasing. I think that the camp belongs to Morgan.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:57 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yo,
Spoiler:
I also think that the camp belongs to Morgan and that he will reappear tonight. Also, the Wolves are the only group that matches all of the signs given thus far. Remember that there are more walkers than ever coming to the gates of Alexandria (a comment made by one of the characters can't remember which one). I think the Wolves are sending the walkers in that direction. Still curious about why/who that girl tied to the tree for bait was. I wish that stupid girl that Carl is in love with would have seen that so she could stop running away. I don't like her emo attitude lol.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:30 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Dohva. wrote:
Yo,
Spoiler:
I also think that the camp belongs to Morgan and that he will reappear tonight. Also, the Wolves are the only group that matches all of the signs given thus far. Remember that there are more walkers than ever coming to the gates of Alexandria (a comment made by one of the characters can't remember which one). I think the Wolves are sending the walkers in that direction. Still curious about why/who that girl tied to the tree for bait was. I wish that stupid girl that Carl is in love with would have seen that so she could stop running away. I don't like her emo attitude lol.

Spoiler:
I actually like her a lot! I think that her and Carl add an interesting dynamic to the show. As for the girl in the tree, I'm curious about who she is too. I agree with your statement about the Wolves and that is probably what we'll find out tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:35 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 14
Season six tagline:
Spoiler:
"Well, it's not technically adultery any more..."

I'd say that finale was a solid 8/10. It wasn't exactly spectacular, but it held up solidly and didn't do much wrong at all. As Walking Dead finales go, this is up there as one of the better ones.
Spoiler:
The Alexandria meeting scene where Rick kills Pete lived up to its counterpart in the comics - and maybe even outdid it, as Morgan had already joined the group in the comics so there wasn't the added surprise of his arrival. It was good to see Abe and Eugene making up, Sasha and Gabriel (probably) getting started on the road to redemption, and Glenn out-sneak-attacking the sneak attack of that sleaze Nicholas. Not to mention Badass!Morgan saving Daryl and Aaron from the Wolves. All in all, good ep, and a good setup for next season. Some truly intense stuff is going to happen this winter, if it sticks to the comics. I will also be checking out "Fear The Walking Dead" this summer, hoping it turns out to be good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:54 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I thought the episode was good, intense, but didn't really wrap up much more than a new member to the group.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:50 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Spoiler:
I was thinking of the scene where Abraham and Eugene made up when I said that. They also finalized Sasha and Gabriel's self-destruction arcs to make way for healing, or so it appeared to me. Other than that, there wasn't a lot of side plot to wrap up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:41 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games: I, II, III, IV, V. Once I caught a fish alive.
Platform: PC & Playstation
UESPoints: 20
I've caught up on The Walking Dead at last. I think it's interesting how Michonne and Carol are both mother's who lost their child due to the whole zombie apocalypse thing and have been opposites in turn of character development. Carol started out nice but over time has become a pretty bad person while Michonne started out cold and distant but over time warmed up. Michonne is my favourite character at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:24 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ditto about Michonne. Carol scares me.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:14 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Well it has been awhile since I've last posted. My computer took a massive crap and I just got it fixed about a week ago and I finally remembered to post my thoughts on the season finale.

Spoiler:
Overall I thought the episode was okay. I was wrong about Daryl dying in this episode, but I still think it will happen either next season or the one after. I liked Reg and I was sad to see him go, but I was so happy that Pete got a bullet to the head. It [&@%!] me off that Nicholas didn't get killed off because nothing would make me happier. The guy is a complete [&@%!] and I wish he would have gotten munched on by a bunch of walkers. I'm so excited that Morgan is back also!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:28 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Who else is excited for Fear the Walking Dead tonight?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:04 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I still dislike the choice in name..

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:36 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

BetaB17 wrote:
I still dislike the choice in name..

I really hate the name too. I hope the show is better than the name.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:48 am 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games: III - V GOTY, Online
Platform: PS4, Steam
UESPoints: 5
Wasn't bad. I like the casting of Cliff Curtis. One thing I found kinda weird, though. And remember, keep the bloody spoilers in bloody spoiler tags. I was guilty enough of spoilers in the past, I'm not about to see people get spoiler'd tonight. XP
Spoiler:
How okay mam and pap were when Nick freakin repeatedly ran over K(C?)al. Like...yeah, the two of them had been there/seen the video of the zombeh being totally cool with being beaten and shot repeatedly, but still, it's not like they know there are zombies, or what exactly the zombies are like, what they do, whatever. Incapacitate him, sure, but they probably should have seen Nick running him over as harming a human being. You could say it was just the shock that made them say "NO SON, DON'T RUN HIM OVER A SECOND TIME", but...no. It just doesn't make any logical sense to me.

--Also, do you think Matt, Alicia's boyfriend, is totally (un)dead? I bet he isn't. Just a little tension/worry. They'll link up with him and he'll be totally fine. ... ...Then he'll probably just end up getting shot or something.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:01 am 
Initiate
Initiate

Baloth-Kul wrote:
Wasn't bad. I like the casting of Cliff Curtis. One thing I found kinda weird, though. And remember, keep the bloody spoilers in bloody spoiler tags. I was guilty enough of spoilers in the past, I'm not about to see people get spoiler'd tonight. XP
Spoiler:
How okay mam and pap were when Nick freakin repeatedly ran over K(C?)al. Like...yeah, the two of them had been there/seen the video of the zombeh being totally cool with being beaten and shot repeatedly, but still, it's not like they know there are zombies, or what exactly the zombies are like, what they do, whatever. Incapacitate him, sure, but they probably should have seen Nick running him over as harming a human being. You could say it was just the shock that made them say "NO SON, DON'T RUN HIM OVER A SECOND TIME", but...no. It just doesn't make any logical sense to me.

--Also, do you think Matt, Alicia's boyfriend, is totally (un)dead? I bet he isn't. Just a little tension/worry. They'll link up with him and he'll be totally fine. ... ...Then he'll probably just end up getting shot or something.

I thought the premiere was pretty good. I'm excited to see where it goes from here.
Spoiler:
I agree that they were a little less freaked out then they probably should've been, but Nick did say he shot him and with everything that was happening, I guess it's slightly understandable why they didn't react much. I actually think Alicia's boyfriend is dead and if they find him then he'll be a zombie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:06 am 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

Spoiler:
Slightly, but it's still...and, even when he said that he'd shot him, they were like "... ...Okay, well, it's self defense." NOBODY IS THAT CALM ABOUT [&@%!]. Except for me. NOBODY BUT ME IS THAT CALM ABOUT [&@%!].

BUT THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK. :P One of her last texts to him was "you better be dead". TOO OBVIOUS. If they find him, and he's a zombie already, then...too corny and predictable for me, man. I'll be more okay with it, even if they find him, he's perfectly okay, THEN he gets mauled by a zombie. Then it's at least funny.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:53 am 
Initiate
Initiate

Baloth-Kul wrote:
Spoiler:
Slightly, but it's still...and, even when he said that he'd shot him, they were like "... ...Okay, well, it's self defense." NOBODY IS THAT CALM ABOUT [&@%!]. Except for me. NOBODY BUT ME IS THAT CALM ABOUT [&@%!].

BUT THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK. :P One of her last texts to him was "you better be dead". TOO OBVIOUS. If they find him, and he's a zombie already, then...too corny and predictable for me, man. I'll be more okay with it, even if they find him, he's perfectly okay, THEN he gets mauled by a zombie. Then it's at least funny.

Spoiler:
Good point. I didn't really think about their reaction after he said that he shot him. I still think that they will find the boyfriend dead though. The daughter (whose name escapes me right now) will be upset and she might regret sending that text which means...I don't know where I was going with that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:22 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

Spoiler:
IMDB says Alicia. I doubt they'll focus on that text at all, I'm pretty sure it was just a "ha ha, it's funny because zombies". But regrets, oh, definitely.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:45 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Baloth-Kul wrote:
Spoiler:
IMDB says Alicia. I doubt they'll focus on that text at all, I'm pretty sure it was just a "ha ha, it's funny because zombies". But regrets, oh, definitely.

You're probably right

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:15 am 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

Spoiler:
Well, uh. Well, I wasn't WHOLLY wrong. XD --I kinda hoped Matthew had been attacked by a looter or something. Given that it's set at the onset of the apocalypse, they definitely need to (and they kinda already do) have a strong focus on the danger of the human element. Rioters and looters would be more of a threat than any zombie.

Kind of surprising, how quick the mom was to be like "nope, we're not helping the neighbours, [&@%!] em, we're looking out for ourselves." Even after seeing what she'd seen and doing what she'd done, I would expect most people to be more...disbelieving, more compassionate. I mean, yeah, even I would be like "yeah they're already bitten, [&@%!] em", but. Huh. Thought they would have spaced out her development in that a little further. Idk. Maybe that *is* her character.

But yeah, still interesting. I'm not exactly addicted yet or anything, but, it's not bad. I do look forward to the next episode.
Spoiler:
My money says ex wife dies sooner rather than later, and that the barber and his wife die, too. Travis and his woman and their kids and the barber's kid are going to end up one big, miserable family.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:04 am 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

That last scene. Hahahaha. Oh [&@%!].

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

October 11th. Only two more weeks! Argh! This season is sure to be awesome. I can't wait to see all those zombies bring down that wall and also find out where the markings on the walkers are coming from.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:12 am 
Initiate
Initiate

Spoiler:
I thought the last episode was pretty good. I can't be the only one that felt like Chris and Alicia were going to hook up for some Game of Thrones styled incest? I mean it's not exactly incest, but still...

I'm really looking forward to the next season of Walking Dead too!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:54 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

Spoiler:
Yeah, no, that was definitely the vibe being given off. The lingering shot of Chris looking at her exposed back. That's not nothing. I don't think they'll play it out as just a passing fancy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:51 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Spoiler:
No more flashbacks, for the love of all zombies everywhere. Was it a good episode? Yes, they mostly all are now that Beth is gone. I'm thrilled about Morgan being back BOOM! Although his peculiar judgment of Rick is concerning.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next