UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 704 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:16 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Legoless, for once we absolutely agree. ;)

I pretty much had a tantrum hissy-fit when I learned about that because we got the season pass. Like, I could care less about workshop building. Did I ever say that I wanted to build a damn vault? NO. I wanna roam the Wasteland killing things. Bethesda broke my heart on this one. I'm so upset about it that I'm not even sure if I'll continue with the Fallout franchise if the next one is like this, too.

Okay, maybe that's going a bit far. But yeah. Total bummer and I feel taken advantage of as a loyal Bethesda fan. It's bull. All of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:53 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim (All PC)
Platform: PC, 3DS
UESPoints: 1
They made it sound like Far Harbor was just the start. I even think they said that.

Bethesda is doing less and less with DLC it seems. Bethy baby (Yes, I just said that), I know we're a busy company with much to do. However. If you find it too much effort to put out the same level of content you did in the past, then don't hype up your base when you say it's only the start. No one likes a hype man, Peter Molyneux found this out the hard way.

Heard it here, folks!
Formerly known as FireAcolyte, but now twice as awesome
UESP's Burning Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:18 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Everything 'cept ESO and Travels
Platform: Linux Personal Console
UESPoints: 16
The news wrote:
Beyond these three expansions [Automatron, Wasteland Workshop, and Far Harbor], which Bethesda labeled the "first series of add-ons," there will be even more content coming that will be announced later. Bethesda said it will deliver "more than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features" in 2016.
By my count it's three DLCs: Workshop series, Far Harbor, and Nuka-World. From and outside-looking-in perspective, kinda underwhelming.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:31 am 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games: III - V GOTY, Online
Platform: PS4, Steam
UESPoints: 5
From the inside looking...around, yeah, pretty underwhelming. I thought Far Harbor (as being presented as going on a case with Nick) was going to be this epic journey with my favourite companion, but his presence ain't required, and barely registers. I was hoping for some sort of companions questline DLC, because each and every companion (aside from those that might end up dead) really feels like they're begging for an epilogue of some sort. Especially Nick, and Danse.

Far Harbor barely brought anything to the table for me, honestly. Different location, a couple different weapons. Fun, yeah, but not so much because *it's Far Harbor*, more so because it's...more FO4. Also, that lag. Horrible.

I would have preferred more of an involved storyline for the story expansions. Far Harbor is disconnected, and gets tied off. Nuka-World hardly sounds like it has Commonwealth-spanning implications, either, perhaps apart from that...conquering settlements as a raider thing.

It does seem like they kind of gave up. Maybe due to performance issues/the size of the DLC clogging up peoples' systems? I dunno. Fallout 4, 7/10, quite enjoyable game. Fallout 4's DLC, 5/10. Fun, competent, but it definitely COULD be more, and SHOULD have been more.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:03 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yeah, gave up is the word. I was under the impression that they had several more dlcs planned that were the size of Far Harbor. If they had put all of the workshops plus Automatron into one, then Far Harbor, then Nuka World...still not enough for what THEY SAID they had planned.

Honestly though, they did things completely different, backwards, sideways to what they normally do and even though FO4 has been their best selling title (surprisingly even more than Skyrim) so clearly they did some things right. Idk. It's stupid how disappointing the dlc issue is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:42 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim (All PC)
Platform: PC, 3DS
UESPoints: 1
Really hope Zenimax is simply forcing them onto the next project, and not them simply getting lazy here.

I paid 30 for it. I really liked FH for it's dislocated feel and ambience. I wanted at least another FH/NW after all of this though.

Heard it here, folks!
Formerly known as FireAcolyte, but now twice as awesome
UESP's Burning Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:28 am 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Fallout DLC has never been strong with Bethesda. I mean, 3 were good even if one of them shouldn't exist because Aliens have no place inside Fallout apart from as an easter egg and kinda unbalanced the entire game. But either the Fallout team isn't as talented as the TES team(Dawnguard and Dragonborn were superb DLCs) or it was just time issues or..... laziness. Hopefully, it's not laziness.

I'm not surprised they did Nukaworld as the final DLC. Kinda hoped i would be wrong about the whole 3-4 add ons bit. But it does mean an Ultimate/Complete/whatevertheycallit edition is bound to happen soon. I think, it may be to do with the two unnamed new IPs and i can see Bethesda kinda getting overwhelemed. I mean, Fallout 4, their biggest game to date sold the most, that in turn may have given them a lot of ideas that they couldn't do previously due to funding issues or not wanting to risk having a failure.

Or they are going to work on TESVI and rushed out Nukaworld. It wouldn't be the first time Bethesda rushed a product either by their publisher side or developer side. But mods on consoles(provided the whole stolen mods incidents can be sorted out) will help with new content. That said, I have heard the PS4 has yet to see Mods due to either Sony being iffy about Mods due to well, let's say that they kinda had a bit of a small incident few years back with their network. Or Bethesda really doesn't like coding for a Playstation. I am of course kidding about that. Probbaly just techincally issues. Will be rather annoyed if it turns out that it will never come to PS4 by the time i get one. Granted, i should get a gaming system that could run it due to the sheer amount of mods available but PS4 mods is something i would be using. Followed by "OH [&@%!]! IT DID WHAT!? WHAT IS THAT!? WHY!? WHY DID YOU MOD THAT!? WHO MODS THAT INTO A GAME!? MY EYES! MY EYES!" :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:39 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I've actually been thinking a lot about Nuka world and how the whole vault-dweller-joining-raiders is a thing. Will Chloe join? At first, I thought so because she's always willing to make a deal for some caps. However, if there is an entire amusement park with raiders flooding the place, then that could be one huge wipe fest that she'd thoroughly enjoy.

So the question is this: does she take Dogmeat, who enjoys snapping necks? Or does she take psycho addict MacCready, who loves making dirty deals the same way she does? My point being that no other follower is going to be okay with her striking bargains with raiders. And let's face it, raiders are money.

Speaking of nuka world, has anyone done an entire run through solely on survival? I just started with level 19 Chloe (who hasn't done crap btw have no idea how she's even that level). She can't even make it out of Goodneighbor. Lol. Wow.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:43 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

Dohva. wrote:
Speaking of nuka world, has anyone done an entire run through solely on survival? I just started with level 19 Chloe (who hasn't done crap btw have no idea how she's even that level). She can't even make it out of Goodneighbor. Lol. Wow.

I have 3 characters on the go, my main being level 30 or so. Yeah, the trip to/from Goodneighbor is harrowing.

I can deal with most enemies just fine, but those with explosives or automatics are always a problem. Geez. An automatic pipe pistol at close range can chew through your power armor in seconds.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:27 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I think it's also the dense population of raiders/mutants/ghouls in the area. The raiders are freaking everywhere and now with Automatron there's also the metalheads. Chloe and MacCready have been stuck in Goodneighbor for at least a good week (game day). They've been living at the Hotel Rexford, going out to scavenge for ammo and parts they can sell to build up experience and caps. It's seriously the hardest thing ever on survival. She can't even remember what Sanctuary looks like at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

Well, you're in the right place to get the means to combat such threats. Steal a Fat Man, buy lots of chems, and shoot/light up til she could KO a Deathclaw with a switchblade!

...It's weird. I had wholly expected to become dependent on chems for the bonuses to damage and resisting damage and whatnot, but I haven't used any (save to make Cait think I'm cool). I've found my tactics evolving with the shift to survival, I'm actually becoming more capable. I cruised through Concord without taking a single hit (until I was hulking around in power armor, of course), and Corvega wasn't too bad either.

Super mutants are still super badhard, but automatic weapons and (lots of) explosives can level the playing field. (And the Boston Library, and the whole block.) I do dread fighting Mr Gutsy's, though. Or Children of Atom at close range.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:49 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

The Children Of Atom are fine if you have a hazmat suit on. Seriously, their radiation guns are nothing after that. Mutants are the hardest for sure. Also the ghouls. I played survival mode during the Far Harbor mq and ended up doing the sidequest to the vault on that play through....it was next to impossible. I made it. Bearly. Automatron was a different story, though. I couldn't even get past the first hallway on survival mode so I ragequit and went back to very hard. Can't do that again on my new play through so I better start figuring out how to adjust my tactics, too!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:53 am 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

Automatron bots, I find you have to do some recon first. Depending on how they're geared, you've got a suite of options. Exclusively close ranged? Just shoot them and backpedal, unless they're faster than you (in which case, shoot their legs off). Ranged? Use cover, and fire back. Something along the lines of dual miniguns? Stay at long distance and use headshots, or be good enough at sneak attacks to take them out in one or two hits.

Hah, that robot factory. True terror. Walk in, get filled with nails and laser shots. Yikes. Run out the front door; every single robot from inside (even one that was behind a locked door) appears outside too. Very dead. Very very dead.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:18 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: All
Platform: PC, Switch
UESPoints: 420
Baloth-Kul wrote:
Hah, that robot factory. True terror. Walk in, get filled with nails and laser shots. Yikes. Run out the front door; every single robot from inside (even one that was behind a locked door) appears outside too. Very dead. Very very dead.

Is that place even possible on Survival? The final battle would be hell.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:01 am 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

Oh, god, I'm not even talking about the final battle, and I DREAD that. No, I'm talking like...the automatron quest immediately after you get ADA. But yeah, the final battle. That is going to be INCREDIBLY painful.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:34 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

legoless wrote:
Baloth-Kul wrote:

Is that place even possible on Survival? The final battle would be hell.

It was absolute hell on very hard. I don't think that I could've made it on survival and I was level 90 when I went in there with 60 jets, a ton of stimpaks, chems, purified water, grenades, etc. I think what made it so hard for me was that I took the stupid robot with me. You see, I couldn't figure out how to take another follower + the key necessary to get in that you place on the bot. If I had known how to do that, if it's even possible, I would have taken a human follower with me because their fighting tactics are more versatile.

At least that's my plan for survival mode. It may take me a very long time to accomplish but I aim to.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:35 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yeah...I'd like to personally thank Bethesda for the crater full of Deathskull Radscorpions in Vault 88. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to get fired. Just saying.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:16 am 

Apparently, there's some bad news for the PS4 version about the mod support. I've only heard it via the Fallout memes page and well, i refuse to post the source as it's a clickbait site but it seems to be Sony preventing mod support coming to the PS4 version. :( Not cool, Sony. Not cool.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:47 pm 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

ES Games: Oblivn Goy, Morrwnd, Skrim
Other Profiles: Steam: The_Nanza
UESPoints: 8
Where the river's made of Quantum, and the mountaintops are fizz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:25 am 

FYI, Nuka World trailer is up and release date confirmed. 30th August. Too lazy to post trailer or source atm.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:57 am 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 20
I'm genuinely curious - does anyone who has 900+ hours in this game still enjoy it as much as when they first bought it? The magic goes away after a while even with the best games, especially when you overplay them, but this one seemed to age very badly for my personal tastes. It took over a year with various character play throughs before I really started to see the seams that held Skyrim together. Same with Fallout 3. This one, about two months in and there was this feeling of hollowness, like there should be more but there wasn't.

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:11 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim, Oblivion, ESO, Daggerfall, Arena.
Platform: PC, Xbox
Other Profiles: Vigil
UESPoints: 0
Honestly, that's what upset me the most about that game, that it seems like a great game for the first few hundred hours and then you realize that there's nothing much to it. Can it be fun? Sure. I had a blast the first few months. I still pop it in sometimes to build, but the thing is, it's a shallow game and BGS realized this and made some (pardon my language, but this IS a thread for a mature game) [&@%!] workshop DLC because they know that the best thing about it is the workshop. Everything else is cut-rate and can be found in much better quality in other games.

So no, I don't enjoy it as much after a few months. Because once you get over the initial excitement, you've already played all that the game has to offer and there's nothing left to keep you engaged. So you're not alone in that, sadly.

The Lord Vigil, High Avatar of the Order of the Mortal Gods Jesmate and the Patron Saints of Virtue. A vote for anyone is a vote for chaos. Choose the Order. Contact your nearest Order representative for more info on how you can better the world.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:56 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

Pilaf The Defiler wrote:
I'm genuinely curious - does anyone who has 900+ hours in this game still enjoy it as much as when they first bought it? The magic goes away after a while even with the best games, especially when you overplay them, but this one seemed to age very badly for my personal tastes. It took over a year with various character play throughs before I really started to see the seams that held Skyrim together. Same with Fallout 3. This one, about two months in and there was this feeling of hollowness, like there should be more but there wasn't.

I'm actually only 48 hours in but I can't bring myself to uninstall it. I have no interest in finishing the main story and Far Harbor is too laggy/difficult to hold my attention. It can be a fun game but I'm getting that feeling of hollowness with like two thirds of the content left untouched. Definitely don't see any sign of replayability, which is admittedly spooky when compared to the previous BGS games.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:25 am 
Warder
Warder

UESPoints: 0
Bethesda just doesn't make 'em like they used to. Whenever I put 1000 hours into one of their exploration games, you know, exploring and exhausting all the content, afterward I'm puzzled as to why the experience doesn't feel as fresh and exciting as when I tore the wrapper off.

When will Todd and the gang release their next shallow, hollow game that I can sink 1000 unsatisfying hours into, then waste 500 more on playing DLC and mod content for years after that? Will Bethesda ever get back to the depth, rich characterization, and engrossing storytelling of Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3? Those games encouraged replayability even after I had exhausted the content, because I was younger, less jaded, and easier to please in general back then.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:36 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

Will Zurmacht wrote:
Those games encouraged replayability even after I had exhausted the content, because I was younger, less jaded, and easier to please in general back then.

Now that's just a little insulting, you can't discount comparisons with the older games just because of possible nostalgia. Hours played points to the quantity of content rather than the quality.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 704 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next