UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Idea for TES V, crossposted from Bethesda's official forums
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:20 pm 
Associate
Associate

I think the Elder Scrolls series would be well served by taking it to another continent.

Akavir.

POSSIBLE PREMISE, SPITBALLING AND BRAINSTORMING:

After a period of rest and recuperation from their wars with the Ka Po'Tun the Tsaesci pay Tamriel an unfriendly visit. The Ka Po'Tun, also having recovered from their wars with the Tsaesci as a result of either a truce or some other reason for cessation of large-scale hostilities with the Tsaesci, now see an opportunity to eradicate the snakes, and offer an uneasy alliance with Tamriel. For whatever reason, the Tsaesci are too much for the people of Tamriel alone to handle, and a beleaguered Tamriel accepts this temporary alliance. The Ka Po'Tun, of course, intend to conquer Tamriel, after the vampire snakes are disposed of. With the vampire snakes out of the picture, and Tamriel in a weakened state, the Ka Po'Tun seize power. The eradication of most of the Tsaesci also makes the Ka Po'Tun much stronger in Akavir, so much so that the Tang Mo are being oppressed by the race they had previously been neutral with. The Tang Mo now have a vested interest in seeing the Ka Po'Tun fall, or at least be weakened enough to ease the pressure on themselves, and thusly enter into talks with the Tamrielic representatives and spies who by now are scattered throughout Akavir. Not sure how the Kamal might figure into this, but they hate the Tang Mo IIRC, so they'd probably end up as a hostile faction, with their own designs on Akavir. Interesting factors in this whole equation would be how the Ka Po'Tun would rule Tamriel - destroy a fair amount of the Tamrielic people, and enslave most of the rest? Turn Tamriel into a fiefdom, with the races of Tamriel being allowed to more or less go about their lives, but under the firm thumb and watchful eye of the Ka Po'Tun? Would the object be to overthrow the Ka Po'Tun? To diminish their presence in Akavir, or Tamriel?

Also, in an expansion perhaps, the Dwemer make a startling return from the Outer Realms (didn't they call it the Great Maybe?) You could go a number of different directions with this, but perhaps the Dwemer are really cheesed off at the Chimer (now the Dunmer) and some bad [censored] starts going down. Perhaps the player is offered a choice at some point, to destroy the Tribunal (which I'm guessing the Dwemer would be particularly displeased with), or to fight until the Dwemer are forced to make a truce. Or perhaps there would be some circumstance that would allow the player to play as one of the Dwemer.

Also, let's not forget about the Maormer. Perhaps extenuating circumstances force the Maormer back into Summerset Isles. Perhaps they are invading, perhaps they seek refuge from some greater evil.

SIDENOTE: I'm posting it here, partly because the mods at Beth's forums are utter and total Nazis, and I've become their favorite whipping boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:55 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Location: They have a large barge with a radio antenna that they charge and discharge.
UESPoints: 0
No, it needs to be set in the whole of Tamriel. Imagine how epic it would be!

Fanfiction :: Music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:33 am 
Master
Master

too much loading time, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:20 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY
Platform: pc, xbox
ace62394 wrote:
too much loading time, though.

Then you should just wait a little longer.
BTW, about the tribunal, didn't they all die or dissappear in morrowind:tribunal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:30 pm 
Associate
Associate

satan_n_stuff wrote:

BTW, about the tribunal, didn't they all die or dissappear in morrowind:tribunal?

I remember something about Vivec supposedly disappearing, but I can't remember anything about Almalexia or Sotha Sil. (Tribunal wasn't exactly the most memorable point in the Elder Scrolls, IMO. All I can remember about Tribunal is that Almalexia was going to go ballistic about something or other, I think.) They even make mention of Vivec's disappearance in Oblivion (you know why he disappeared? Because after the main quest was finished I killed the f***er. The revenge of Indoril Nerevar!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:48 am 
Master
Master

satan_n_stuff wrote:

about 2 days?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:19 am 
Champion
Champion

the guys at bethesda can make the game so you need to swap cd's if you enter a province.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:28 pm 
Master
Master

but what about the consoles? they probably won't make seperat cd's for each and every province

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:38 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

Location: They have a large barge with a radio antenna that they charge and discharge.
This could be a PC-only one. The ultimate victory in the eternal 'PC versus console' debate. Actually, even better, make it Mac OS X only so I could play it on my laptop.

Fanfiction :: Music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:15 am 
Initiate
Initiate

There's no way, I mean NO WAY I'm going to swap CDs in the middle of a game. It has to be a supremely good game if I bother to insert a CD or a DVD in the first place. (I've got one of these home multimedia center blaah PC cases with the CD/DVD drives hidden deep under shimmering silver panels with lots of blue LEDs and I'm too lazy to open the front panel and swap anything ;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:11 am 
Master
Master

if they were to make it a pc only, then they would go out of business! we don't want that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:15 am 
Champion
Champion

ace62394 wrote:
if they were to make it a pc only, then they would go out of business!

No they won't. Way too many pc gamers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:52 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

satan_n_stuff wrote:

Sotha Sil has been dead for a long, long time (only just discovered, however, by the Nerevarine) and Almalexia died at the hands of her husband's reincarnation – apparently divorce wasn’t on the cards. Vivec on the other hand is a bit uncertain. They say he left but that's about it. He often alluded to the Nerevarine killing the Tribunal - almost hinting that some day he would died at his or her hands but canonically his fate is uncertain. All we know is he's gone, most likely still alive though. Possibly with the Nerevarine? Who knows.

So yeah, killing the Tribunal isn't much of an option since their fates have been officially concluded (with the notable exception of Vivec). Out of curiosity, is your idea set in the future or the past? It's difficult to tell since you make no mention of the Fourth Era or the Daedric Invasion but if it's in the future I can't honestly see Akavir being a good idea. If I recall correctly rumours spread that that was the destination of the Nerevarine, which most likely means he or she was/is up to something there. I would hope any visit to there would be after the Nerevarine's death, to maintain the anonymity of the Nerevarine's identity but I suspect whatever he or she intended to do was big, perhaps too big for a game and more suited for lore. It wouldn't surprise me if the Nerevarine united the fuedal states. I also think bringing back the Dwemer would be way too predictable. Their disappearance was quite significant and it affected the culture of Morrowind permanently, to the extent that "heretical" behaviour - such as the mechanical worshipping of the Dwemer - is utterly despised. They served as a warning, I think their return might just create loopholes.

I would prefer to see us go forward into the Fourth Era. It's such a fragile time and a major event in the history. The beauty about Akavir is that it's shrouded in mystery, learning of it through lore and titbits leaves you wanting more. I also think that Akavir, while definitely interesting, is a touch more fantastical compared to Tamriel. Vampire snakes, dragons, cat people, monkey folk, demons...I think they’d have to be extremely careful and quite ingenious to execute those without betraying the principles of how TES works. They’re among the best plot developers and story tellers in the gaming world, if they arsed it up they’d risk losing faith among their fans. Besides, we just had one major invasion, I think Tamriel needs a rest first. Let it suffer, evolve, adapt and endure. I think they should continue down their path and look at how Tamriel’s coping after the most significant event since Tiber Septim conquered the continent. Summerset Isle would be a good location. The rumours surrounding what happened were probably among the most discussed. The Invasion corrupted a lot of elves and created a rift that threatens its future. I think it’s about time we actually saw the Altmer in their own surroundings and hear their plight.

Just my thoughts though. Love the story though, it'd definately make for an interesting game. ^_^
ace62394 wrote:
if they were to make it a pc only, then they would go out of business! we don't want that!

Our Dark Lord's right, that wouldn't happen. If there's one thing that's certain it's that you're never short on PC hermits with little better to do than devour hours of gaming. They would be making a silly mistake though since Morrowind and Oblivion were/are huge hits on the Xbox and 360. Xbox suffers greatly from a distinct lack of proper RPGs and The Elder Scrolls relieved that horrible constipation. Hmm...could do with a better analogy methinks. :?

Paladin_Warrior wrote:
A beggar asked me for a coin, and I pushed him into the water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:49 pm 
Associate
Associate

ganna wrote:
There's no way, I mean NO WAY I'm going to swap CDs in the middle of a game. It has to be a supremely good game if I bother to insert a CD or a DVD in the first place. (I've got one of these home multimedia center blaah PC cases with the CD/DVD drives hidden deep under shimmering silver panels with lots of blue LEDs and I'm too lazy to open the front panel and swap anything ;) )

Oh, FFS. I remember CD swapping for games like Baldur's Gate, FF7 and FF8, it's not that much of an ordeal. And if it meant getting scads more of high-quality game content, I'd happily juggle a dozen DVDs. QQ more consolers :P

I still want to go to Akavir, but Summerset Isles, Valenwood, Black Marsh (unlikely, but...), and Elsweyr would be cool. Perhaps delve into the border conflicts the Khajiit and Bosmer have had in the past (as talked about in the "A Dance In Fire" books in the games). Give us playable Cathay-Raht with which to crush the puny Bosmer :twisted:

I wonder if ANYTHING remains of Yokuda.

I STILL want to kill some vampire snakes, dammit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:33 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

It's just that whenever you touch CDs or DVDs, you run the risk of harming them. You might be a careful person, so the swapping risk would be very small, but as my natural fingernails are a public health hazard and I'm slightly drunk most of the time, I'm not handling anything perishable as long as I can avoid it. They don't refund you for discs you've dropped, sat on, scratched or otherwise been unfriendly with, do they?

I tend to use a lot of semi-legal nocd patches. Just to save the poor little discs. And just so I wouldn't have to break my nails with the cd covering panel, of course ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:22 am 
Champion
Champion

Moo wrote:
we just had one major invasion, I think Tamriel needs a rest first. Let it suffer, evolve, adapt and endure. I think they should continue down their path and look at how Tamriel’s coping after the most significant event since Tiber Septim conquered the continent.

It would be cool though, to see the collapse of the Cyrodiil empire, possibly due to some rebellion or something, I have always been pro-Mer myself.
The guys at bethesda shouldn't start with a new continent untill they're ready to do so, Akavir has so much potential, it would be a shame to waste it just to sell some stuff.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]