UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Good Character Build
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:08 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena-Beaten,Daggerfall-Beaten,Battlespire-beaten,Redguard-Still haven't Beaten,Morrowind GOTY-beaten,OblivionGOTY-beaten,Skyrim and its DLC Xbox360-Beaten,ESO-Beaten except DLC(PS4)
Platform: PC,PS4,Xbox One
UESPoints: 0
Now that this is out on GOG I picked it up and have been thinking of playing it again to see if I can beat it a second time.So I was wondering if anyone here has some ideas on how to make a good character build for this.My first playthrough later turned into a nightmare were I would have to save the game and run to where I had to go and hope I was killed by the some spell slinging daedric beast.This time I am looking for much better character.I can't use the potion bug which I didn't use my first time either using a disc copy because they seemed to fix it in the GOG release.

Post subject: Re: Good Character Build
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:12 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Stormhold, Shadowkey, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, 360
Other Profiles: Myrrth Sicopath
I tried using a redguard ranger because (well, because of the Red Power Ranger honestly) he can snipe enemies from a distance with the bow and arrow, BUT, this turned out to not be the best plan because when you run out of arrows... then what?

So I'm on level 5 now and my ranger turns out to be a lot better with longswords than with missile weapons.

Pick something brute-force-ish and give them spell absorption like whoa, that's my recommendation. Fortunately enemies can't regain spell points, even if you leave and come back, so sometimes I'll quaff a potion of absorption or a sigil and run into a room full of dudes, let them all cast stuff at me while I laugh and take no damage, then run away and kite them into halls where I can try desperately to stab at them and savescum like crazy.

Post subject: Re: Good Character Build
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:45 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: Xbox99
msico wrote:
I tried using a redguard ranger because (well, because of the Red Power Ranger honestly) he can snipe enemies from a distance with the bow and arrow, BUT, this turned out to not be the best plan because when you run out of arrows... then what?

So I'm on level 5 now and my ranger turns out to be a lot better with longswords than with missile weapons.

Pick something brute-force-ish and give them spell absorption like whoa, that's my recommendation. Fortunately enemies can't regain spell points, even if you leave and come back, so sometimes I'll quaff a potion of absorption or a sigil and run into a room full of dudes, let them all cast stuff at me while I laugh and take no damage, then run away and kite them into halls where I can try desperately to stab at them and savescum like crazy.

I used the blueguard ranger. And guess what, he did just fine! However in my case the enemies regained spell points which was not nice :;