UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Any general tips for Battlespire?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:13 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One
UESPoints: 0
Does anyone have any general tips for surviving and thriving in the dangerous situation that the 'pprentice has found themselves stuck in in the game?

Ashwing, Morven. (2018) 'Orcish Historical Memory and Method'

Post subject: Re: Any general tips for Battlespire?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:42 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena-Beaten,Daggerfall-Beaten,Battlespire-beaten,Redguard-Still haven't Beaten,Morrowind GOTY-beaten,OblivionGOTY-beaten,Skyrim and its DLC Xbox360-Beaten,ESO-Beaten except DLC(PS4)
Platform: PC,PS4,Xbox One
One of the tips I hear constantly from others who have played and beaten and having beaten it twice myself. Is the following despite The Battlespire being the training ground of the battlemages and your character is supposed to be an apprentice battlemage, is that magic is horrible and pretty much worthless in this game with the exception of Restoration.

Plus that not all builds will be able to complete this game, it's generally a good idea to make a character who is geared toward physical combat, skilled with weapons, strong, does lots of damage but can also take a lot of hits and perhaps some resistance to magical attacks. Another thing Marksman is kind of OP in this game.

Some things to remember while your skills will level up with use, your character will not level up by raising skills a certain number of times, but instead will only level up when you complete a stage. Secondly, there are no shop or gold in this game all your equipment must be procured on site,thirdly be careful not to save to much on the 5th level of the game,The Chimera of Desolation,or die either since the game closes to DOSBox when you die since there is a bug that if it happens enough can corrupt your save games. You must also never take forbidden weapons: Longblade trait since you must equip a long blade to complete the game for story reasons, I not sure if that is actually a problem, but I wouldn't want to risk it just to find out. Lastly, Restoration Spells, potions, enchanted items and these floating purple crystal are the only way in the game to restore your health and mana since you cannot rest, though later in the game the purple crystals respawn but become rare in the late game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:51 am 
Novice
Novice

Maxrebo wrote:
Another thing Marksman is kind of OP in this game.

How so?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:33 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena-Beaten,Daggerfall-Beaten,Battlespire-beaten,Redguard-Still haven't Beaten,Morrowind GOTY-beaten,OblivionGOTY-beaten,Skyrim and its DLC Xbox360-Beaten,ESO-Beaten except DLC(PS4)
Platform: PC,PS4,Xbox One
Correction,the name of the skill isn't marksman its Missile Weapon and the reason for it being OP is that unlike every other weapon skill in the game,Missile Weapons do not really on dice rolls revolving around attributes and skills to determine whether or not you hit lands.Instead its based on whether or not you are actually aiming at the target, this is shown to the player by a little arrow target icon appearing near the HUD when equipped with a missile weapon in attack mode and aiming at an enemy,if you fire the arrow when you see that icon you are guaranteed a hit.Where as with every other weapon type the game does a dice roll to determine whether you hit,land a critical hit or even a critical failure which staggers you and causes you to drop your currently equipped weapon on the floor.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner,it just that I have not been feeling that good since yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:24 am 
Novice
Novice

Thanks for the help, Maxrebo!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:25 am 
Associate
Associate

The best Battlespire advice I can give is to learn about its character creation and leveling system. Essentially, you are given a single pool of points to spend on everything, including your starting spells and items, skills, attributes, and advantages. Character creation is your only chance to choose which spells you want to be able to cast, so if you're creating a mage, make sure you have a full library of your preferred spells before you begin the game. Some scrolls teach you spells, but they are both randomized and rare, so there's no guarantee you'll ever be able to cast anything you didn't choose from the start. Thank you for sharing; I enjoy this day. On your child's birthday, fathers can even share this special day with him! You can share a picture with him or send him a text message. He can even send them a gift to commemorate the event! This will make him feel valued and special!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:07 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
I finally started to play Battlespire a few days ago, and it has been pretty brutal.

My first piece of advice is to start over with a new character as many times as needed while you're still on the first level. It doesn't matter if you're just starting over with the same character build each time, because the important thing is to keep starting over as you become better acquainted with the controls, the enemies, the different areas of the first level, etc. Of course, the most convenient solution will be to save your game as soon as you've created your character and then refrain from saving over in that same slot as you try to progress through the level.

My second piece of advice is to adjust the mouse sensitivity to your liking. I find that fighting is made extremely difficult by having the view change direction wildly as you're fighting, especially if you need to let go of the right mouse button so you can turn to keep an enemy in your sights during the fight. You can also turn using the keyboard, so you might want to use that method instead. But the mouse sensitivity seems to be set much too high by default, and even if you prefer to use equivalent keyboard controls it's a good idea to fiddle with the settings until you get them right.

My third piece of advice is to spend some time just fooling around close to the entry point, avoiding the nearby enemies, so you can practice learning and getting used to the controls. Take the time to learn certain basics, such as how to jump, because you don't want to get into a situation where you suddenly need to do something that you haven't figured out how to do yet. Also, since jumping is one of the skills that you can level up, you might want to spend a bit of time near the entry point just jumping up and down to increase that skill by several levels.

So far, I've played for only relatively short periods each day because the game has been so difficult to get into. But my appreciation for the game is slowly growing as I slowly become better acquainted with it.