UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Towers on Lyg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:49 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360
Other Profiles: ZefFoster (Xbox Live)
UESPoints: 0
I've been reading about Lyg recently. As I understand it, it is a continent on Nirn that is somehow a mirror of Tamriel, but it is still a physical place (although not reachable by traditional means). I'm not sure how this ties into the whole "Akavir is Anu's vision of the next kalpa, and Atmora(yokuda?) is his memory of the last" idea when talking about Nirn's continents. But I do have a quick question in regards to the towers.

If the common assumption (that the new Admeri Dominion's ultimate goal is to deactivate the towers and return to dawn) is correct, then they would need to deactivate all towers for this plan to work. Now as far as I know, there are no towers on other continents such as Akavir or Pyandonea, since these places are not the focus of Anu's dream, merely afterthoughts. But Lyg is a mirror of Nirn, where the same things exist in a different way, and the same events transpire. Does this mean there are also towers on Lyg that the Thalmor would need to deactivate to succeed? Or since Lyg is possibly a future version of Tamriel, have these already been deactivated/will be deactivated at the same time by Lyg's version of the Dominion?

Post subject: Re: Towers on Lyg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:34 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
It's not so much a continent, not in the way your thinking. Places like Yokuda, Akavir, or Atmora are very physical continents(even if there is a theory the first two are subsequently Tamriel's past and future) but Lyg is different, very different. It's not a mirror image of Tamriel and Nirn(that honor goes to Coldharbour and Molag's perverse attempts), no, it 'was' Tamriel.. give or take a few Kalpas between. It is, or, was so in a previous Kalpa long since lost and replaced.. As like many before it's time.

Hell, it's even possible in that kalpa, creation occured different, which probably allowed Dagon to assume the role he did and topple the tower(s) as he did

Ya.. Time and timelines in TES are wierder than a Dr Who Fanfiction :S

But to answer your question, no, if the Thalmor wanted to unmake creation.. All that they need is on Tamriel. After all, Dagon tried something 'similar' and lets be honest.. he's more of an expert on how Nirn and it's towers works than any mortal <_< plus, you got that Tower on Yokuda, and who knows if any are om Atmora or Akavir, let alone if their active. And Lyg? Even if, IF they needed access to those towers for their plan.. it's already gone and toppled

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

Post subject: Re: Towers on Lyg
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:36 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: All
Platform: PC, Switch
UESPoints: 420
BetaB17 wrote:
plus, you got that Tower on Yokuda

Already sunk.