UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Charming Innocent Culture
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:49 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: TES II: Daggerfall, TES IV: Oblivion
Platform: PS3 & PC
UESPoints: 0
14-year TES enthusiast yet first-time user on the forums here. I've been digging the lore for a question that I haven't the answer to and am hoping one of you brilliant TES scholars can help me out.

As many of you know, in Tolkien's universe Hobbits represent a culture of innocence, gentle hearts, peace, politeness, altruism, and with a general avoidance of war and adventure. This is charming to many fantasy enthusiasts.

I would like to know whether there is some culture somewhere in Tamriel (even if it is merely a small society, such as a village) that manifests all, or nearly all, of these same things.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Post subject: Re: A Charming Innocent Culture
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:00 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: skyrim
Platform: pc
Hey, my last post on the forums was 5 years ago.

I found the Bright-Throat Tribe, Jaxsik-Orrn who is from another tribe dislikes their peaceful tendencies, although they do have warriors apparently. I didn't actually play ESO though so I can't be certain.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:28 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: TES II: Daggerfall, TES IV: Oblivion
Platform: PS3 & PC
Eye5752, thank you for your reply. This is certainly a good candidate for what I am seeking! This culture captures the kind of hospitality and peace I mentioned in my original post.

Ideally, I'd like to find a culture like this in Cyrodiil in the latter part of the 3rd era, but I've been struggling with that search. I spent about a week thoroughly examining the people in TESIV: Oblivion's time, and the best I could find is some villages who weren't hostile. But a lack of hostility doesn't entail hospitality.

Nevertheless, the Bright-Throat Tribe is a great candidate!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:43 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: skyrim
Platform: pc
You're welcome.

If it helps, the way I search things is typing 'UESP thing' 'teslore thing', searching in the UESP or teslore, you can search for words only for one game on the UESP, on google under search tools there's an option for 'verbatim' it sometimes helps. The way I found Bright-Throat Tribe for example is searching 'UESP peaceful village' which showed Nisswo Vaxeeh, I clicked on the members of her tribe who are quest related and searched 'peaceful' and this way through Tuwul I found the Bright-Throat, so it was a bit random I guess.