UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Daedric Power Levels
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:05 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox One
UESPoints: 0
So I was thinking about some random bits and pieces of lore and I realized there was a piece I didn't fully understand. So, the Et'Ada, the beings we know as the Aedra, Daedra, and Magne Ge.... what defines their power levels relative to each other? I understand the Aedra are less powerful because they sacrificed portions, if not the vast majority, of their power to create Mundus. The Magne Ge are probably less powerful to the Daedra because they sacrificed a portion of their power in Mundus before leaving after learning the real cost of making the world. So, the Daedra are probably the most powerful, but, my real question, is why some are labeled princes like Boethiah and Dagon, but others are just lesser Daedra. What constitutes some having more power? Is it there sphere of influence? If so do all Daedra have spheres and most are just too small for us to know? Are the Daedric princes somehow just "more" than their lesser servants? Were the lesser Daedra created after the fact by the relevant prince? Just, what makes one Daedra a prince and another barely an inconvenience for mortals? Also, just because I thought of this question while typing this up, why do we never hear or see the Magne Ge? Like, we have references to them, the literal sun is the hole one of them left reality through (same for the other stars); we have stuff like the Staff of Magnus... but why do we never see or hear of Magnus themself? Do they just do their own things in Aetherius? Do they not even wonder what's going on in Mundus these days? Are they not curious? Or is there a reason we never see them beyond that?