UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Blades device compatibility
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:43 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I've seen the device compatibility list for Blades, but that doesn't mean that other devices that aren't listed won't work, just that they haven't been yet verified to be compatible, so I thought I'd inquire here. I don't have a phone, but instead, I've just ordered a new tablet, and wondered if it might work on tablets as well as phones. I expect delivery next week, and I got it for an upcoming trip. It's an Amazon Fire HD 10, which has a quad core processor, 2gb of memory, graphics is 1920x1200, and it runs on Fire OS 6, which is based on Android 7. Has anyone tried Blades on a tablet yet?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Blades device compatibility
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:40 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
I play Blades on my iPad 5, and I also had it installed on my older iPad 2 until Apple decided to do whatever they did that triggered my iPad 2 to insist on being "activated" all over again, which I haven't done yet.

I haven't tried installing Blades on my B&N Nook HD+ tablet with dual boot card that lets me run Android 4.whatever on it, mainly because I must have changed my Google Play password so I can't install or update anything anymore, and I haven't taken the time to reset my password because I hardly ever use my B&N Nook HD+ anyway.

I just bought an Amazon Fire 7 during Prime Day, but I hadn't even looked to see if TES:Blades is in the Amazon Appstore. I've checked just now, and I'm seeing neither Blades nor Legends in the Amazon Appstore. :(

As far as running Blades on phone versus tablet, I'd say that it's definitely better suited to the larger screen of a tablet.

ADDENDUM-- Both Blades and Legends are listed in the Google Play store, and I know there are videos that talk about how to install apps and games on Fire tablets using Google Play rather than the Amazon Appstore, but I haven't tried that with my new Fire 7 yet-- and there's no guarantee a given Android app will be compatible.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:36 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the follow-up...I should have said that I found Blades in Google Play too. So it gives me hope, i'll hafta give it a try next week, time permitting. Also, the work-around to install Google Play on the Fire tablets looks quite easy & straightfoward, so it's worth giving it a shot, no harm in trying.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:10 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
There seem to be different workarounds depending on which version of the Fire OS the tablet uses.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:38 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

SeaGtGruff wrote:
There seem to be different workarounds depending on which version of the Fire OS the tablet uses.

do you have any info or links for any of those workarounds? Blades was not on either the Amazon app, nor on Google Play when I searched for it through the apps. I ended up using the browser on my tablet, and navigating to the Blades page at Google Play, but it ultimately ended up directing me to open it through Google Play, and then when i did, Google Play said it wasn't compatible with the version of Blades

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:02 pm 
Champion
Champion

I can't find the links I was looking at last week, but the following article looks like it was just posted yesterday, so hopefully it will help:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/07/2 ... re-tablet/

Of course, it's possible that Blades just isn't compatible with Fire tablets.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:28 am 
Champion
Champion

I finally installed Google Play on my 2019 Fire 7, using the instructions on the page I linked to above.

When I try to install Blades from the Google Play web site (since it won't show up in the Google Play app), it keeps saying I don't have any devices associated with my Google Play account yet. Since I've already logged into the Google Play app on my Fire 7 and was successful at installing an app that won't show up in the Amazon AppStore app, and since one of the possible reasons for the message I'm getting when I try to install Blades is that I don't have any devices which are compatible with the app I'm trying to install, I have to conclude that Blades isn't compatible with Fire tablets (or vice versa) for some reason.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:11 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

SeaGtGruff wrote:
I finally installed Google Play on my 2019 Fire 7, using the instructions on the page I linked to above.

When I try to install Blades from the Google Play web site (since it won't show up in the Google Play app), it keeps saying I don't have any devices associated with my Google Play account yet. Since I've already logged into the Google Play app on my Fire 7 and was successful at installing an app that won't show up in the Amazon AppStore app, and since one of the possible reasons for the message I'm getting when I try to install Blades is that I don't have any devices which are compatible with the app I'm trying to install, I have to conclude that Blades isn't compatible with Fire tablets (or vice versa) for some reason.

Oh well, thanks for the info...of course I have plenty of other stuff to keep me busy, like finally breaking down & getting Elsweyr in ESO because of the sale