UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim - Your Reviews and First Impressions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:51 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 0
This is more a collection of nitpicks. I love Skyrim, but I wanted to point out as much as I could that is wrong with it so the next game can be better.

Firstly, a little backstory. I loved Fallout: New Vegas, and I found a little enjoyment out of Daggerfall and Arena, so I decided to see how BethSoft handled Skyrim.

I got my copy the Christmas after the Legendary Edition came out. Appropriate, since it is a winter-themed game. I plop it in the ol' 360 (my second out of three, this one bit the dust a while later, taking my save with it) and HOLY COW, DRAGONS!

I spent every moment I could playing Skyrim, but over time, I noticed a lot of small little things that made me start nitpicking. Unless I really look for them, they're hard to notice, but here goes.

1. Sexualized female plate armor. Yeah, I know not a lot of people care, but with that ridiculous boobmoulded armor, one hit to the cleavage will shatter the sternum, leaving the victim dying a painful death. That's why armor is slanted OUTWARDS, not INWARDS.

2. Archery is practically useless early on, since bows do so little damage without perks or better arrows/bow materials. It took me 10 arrows to knock out ONE BANDIT.

3. No survival mode :(

4. Graphics fade-in, especially on consoles. On PC, the grass roars on into the distance, on 360... no, not so much.

5. Everything made of metal, stone or glass looks like someone dumped a bucket of water on top of it and they haven't dried it.

Post subject: Re: Skyrim - Your Reviews and First Impressions
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:36 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: cvbvb
Platform: cbvv
Other Profiles: vbcv
UESPoints: 0
I'm big fan of the world of skyrim. love it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10