UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: My personal war against the Thalmor
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:02 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I thought I'd try taking on the Thalmor in a personal crusade, very devious of me since my character is an Altmer. I've cleaned out the embassy and Northwatch Keep and am looking for any place that they are known to congregate. If you know anywhere else they hang out, please advise.

Post subject: Re: My personal war against the Thalmor
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:06 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, (PC), Oblivion, Skyrim (360)
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: GT: The Frosty Mage, Steam: Frost Mage, Skype: frostmage79x
If you have the Dragonborn expansion, Ancanion and his Thalmor crew can be found at Northshore Landing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:18 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: XBox 360, PC
Other Profiles: dragonfett2
Frost Mage wrote:
If you have the Dragonborn expansion, Ancanion and his Thalmor crew can be found at Northshore Landing.

The Thalmor are gathering on the Northshore, we must get them out of the great state of Louisiana! (I live on the Northshore side of Lake Pontchatrain)

And Horrors Unknown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:37 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Online
Platform: PC (I - V, O), Xbox 360 (IV, V)
Other Profiles: JumboWheat01 (XBL/Steam/PSN/ESO)
UESPoints: 3
I see that you're on the PC. I suggest you give this set of mods a look if you want some more Thalmor action. I haven't had a chance to try 'em out yet, still working out what I want as my PC main character, but they all look interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:48 am 
Initiate
Initiate

Noobish - thank you, thank you for the mods suggestion, the series looks like a real winner. I 'specially like what the author says about it:

"- Don't look after any quests here, everything here is about a detailed design, so please take a moment to look around you, don't rush waiting for something to happen as all my pleasure in this work is about designing some new interactive environments, without any directive line, for more immersion."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:55 am 
Champion
Champion

[&@%!] the Thalmor.

Stormcloaks FTW!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:14 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Oh, and don't forget

YouTube Link

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:26 pm 
Novice
Novice

Lol same here. I'm killing all thalmor guys if I meet them on road. but, never think invade their castles(or whatever they have).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:14 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim
Other Profiles: perylousdemon (Steam)
There are a few in Understone Keep, IIRC. Not really a "congregation", but...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:27 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
For taking the fight to the Thalmor is your thing you might want to give a mod called Return to Helgen a look. It can be found at: http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/node/25

It used to be on the Steam Workshop but the file got too large and the last update can not be uploaded to the Workshop. It is not on the Nexus due to a issue I wont get into here.

To get the most out of the mod you need to read the documentation on that website. Its a huge mod but yes indeed it sets you on a path where you personally get to kill a lot of Thalmor.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:35 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks all for your suggestions on wiping out the Thalmor.

I loaded the Nexus mod "Fight Against the Thalmor, 1". The mod scales and I'm very happy at lvl 53 to find a real challenge again. In my first cave exploration with it I had to back off from the boss and her minions, even with my trust Sanguine Rose Dremona helping me...something I haven't had to do in some time.

Direct assault failed again and again. Finally, pulling them then hiding and going into stealth mode, I got the boss with a single shot from my crossbow as she came looking for me (3 x damage with a stealth shot!)

But haven't run into the Thalmor yet...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:24 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Good to see I am not the only one that wants to see these snooty Elves get what they deserve. I try to release any prisoners they have, there is a learning curve here.(Lost quite a few at first) but I am playing on PS3 no mods, but +DB and DG. I have flown Dragons over various Thalmor locations and attacked via Dragon! Try that if you can, it's a trip. (Do save first)
Stormcloaks Unite!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:05 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform: Playstation
Other Profiles: PC
I agree with you. I don't want the Empire to end and the Thalmor to win. Therefore Ulfric must die and the Stormcloaks must lose the Civil War. There can be no Season Unending. The Imperials must defeat the Aldemeri Dominion in the next Great War. Once the Thalmor attack Hammerfell, the empire can come to their aid renewing the alliance. To facilitate this I've been attacking the Thalmor on sight in Skyrim. i killed Elewyn their diplomat and all Thalmor at the Thalmor embassy. Also, I wiped out the Thalmor presence in Markarth and slain any Justicators I found roaming Tamiel. I did not kill the emperor and killed the Dark Brotherhood instead. If Titus Mede died it would weaken the empire unless the Dragonborn was named the next Emperor. The Dragonborn should be at least the next high king of Skyrim since in game play, the Dragonborn would be the Thane of every Jarl's city, so he should get their votes. The Dragonborn can marry Elsif and wear the Jagged Crown to cement his claim to the throne. As his fame spreads Titus Mede can step down and name the Dragonborn his successor. With dragon blood the Dragonborn should be emperor by right. who knows maybe Akatosh can make another Amulet of kings and renew the pact. I freed Thorvald Grey Mane at Northwatch Keep killing the Thalmor who held him hostage. I even wiped out the Battleborns who were Thalmor sympathizers using console commands. I attacked the Thalmor on Solstheim at Northshore Landing and at the Abandoned House. I figure I'll kill Amound Moutierre who is scheming with the Elder Council in Cyrodill to assassinate the emperor. There are other Thalmor sympathizers like Maven and Erikur I could wipe out. In the next war against the Aldemeri Dominion, it would help if the Blades were re-established but Esbern and Delphine want to run the organization and the Dragonborn instead of serving him like they are supposed to. i could wipe them out too with console commands. I'm not going to kill Parthanax and alienate the Greybeards who need to get involved fighting the Thalmor who threaten to destroy the world. If anyone can get them to give up pacifism it's the Dragonborn. With a little diplomacy I think Morrowind could ally with the imperials. The Dragonborn as emperor has friends in Counselor Morvayn and Neloth who as emissaries could help Morrowind broker an alliance with the imperials. Great ideas that can be incorporated in the next game.