UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post funny, stupid or weird glitches that's happened to
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:46 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: TES Anthology
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I've just run into an extremely annoying bug, only I'm not if a mod is causing it, or if it's a glitch from the vanilla game itself. The only mod I have that would affect the interior of Hearthfire homes is Hearthfire Extended, but it's never caused this problem before.

I just built Lakeview Manor. I put in the greenhouse and built all the planters. I was eager to get planting, since I'm using More Plants & Recipes. However, there is a single patch of fertile soil that simply does not work. I plant things in it and they just disappear. I never get a confirmation that the item was planted. I can plant multiple items in it at once and I never get the warning that something is already planted there. I tried reloading the game and rebuilding the greenhouse, and that didn't work. I tried disabling and enabling the planter and that didn't fix it. I made sure I was only using ingredients that the vanilla game allows in case a mod was causing it, but that didn't help.

Has this happened to anyone else? A single malfunctioning patch of soil that doesn't accept anything you try to plant in it? Everything I tried to plant there just got flushed down the toilet. :Angry:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:59 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: All five "core" games
I keep running into one persistent glitch. When I press fire right before the crossbow is reloaded when the shot would be a kill, it throws me into kill cam for a few seconds. Annoying, and potentially dangerous.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:12 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Sarin wrote:
I keep running into one persistent glitch. When I press fire right before the crossbow is reloaded when the shot would be a kill, it throws me into kill cam for a few seconds. Annoying, and potentially dangerous.

Yup, not only has this happened to me, but also the shot is never fired. I have been killed by enemies during the animation, since I'm unable to move or perform any other actions. This is a well known glitch with the kill cam and ranged attacks.

Here's another one I ran into today, although I don't know if it's a glitch or a stupid design flaw. I was around Markarth and I got the quest from Pavo Attius to clear out the Forsworn from Kolskeggr Mine. Since I needed more gold ingots anyway, I decided to go ahead and do it. Killing the Forsworn was the easy part. However, when I got back to Left Hand Mine, I found as I always do that Pavo was locked inside the Miner's Barracks. This was during daylight hours too. I couldn't pick the lock in broad daylight, since it's in direct line of sight of the guard, so I tried waiting. I waited until 8 PM and saw a couple of miners come and go, but Pavo remained inside. The only way I was ever able to complete this quest before was to break into the barracks when no one was looking.

Is this supposed to happen? It seems especially strange that entering the barracks would be illegal, considering that the items inside are free to take and the beds are free to use.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:22 am 
Initiate
Initiate

Try leaving the area for a few days, do other stuff, return back....or just pick a lock if your stealth skills are good enough. Had something similar happen to me with Arcadia's Cauldron. It stayed locked after 8 AM. Eventually I picked a lock on back door and went in, and was treated like regualr customer who walked through front door.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:21 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

A while ago I spotted a sabre cat spawning on ballistic trajectory. No, there wasn't any Giant or Mammoth or Dragon involved. I just saw it appear in flight, and shortly afterward hit the rocks. It didn't survive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:52 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
On the road between Robber's Gorge and Rorikstead there was a sabre cat chasing deer. Somehow the sabre cat collided with a derelict cart on the road and began pushing it up the hill.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:07 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: virtuxa (steam and deviantart)
Dead dragons falling from the sky. There's one in Solitude that drops almost every time I exit a shop. It's too silly for me to get [&@%!] at, really :')

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:09 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
I just experienced a glitch that still has me chuckling. I am doing the civil war quest line and had just delivered Ulfric's reply to Jarl Balgruuf when the city cam under attack. As I was making my way out to the battle, I saw one of my mannequins running around outside Breezehome (which I own).
Sadly, I had left Shadowmere by the stables and when I returned at the aftermath of the battle it was dead. No carriage either, which means a long trek on foot back to the DB sanctuary.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:49 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

While running Requiem, I've consistently run into the same glitch when running Ironbind Barrow. This is the unlisted quest where you help Salma and Beem-Ja fight their way through the dungeon. By default, neither is supposed to be killable by anything in the dungeon, and this carries over to Requiem too. However, Requiem gives frostbite spiders a paralyzing poison, and the bigger the spider, the stronger the poison. This has resulted in Salma being paralyzed for upwards of an hour, and the same happens to my protected followers. If I wait an hour for the poison to wear off, they remain stuck in the prone position, resulting in them sliding along the ground with their faces in the dirt the whole time. The only way to solve this is to use the console to disable and enable them.

Additionally, if you do the quest at very low levels in the vanilla game, Beem-Ja will not have his spells and can only fight with his fists. Since Requiem has an unleveled world, this means he will never acquire his spells, and will hilariously attempt to punch his way through the entire dungeon, unless he picks up a weapon from one of the draugr.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:04 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: All
Other Profiles: Seraph/Ariador
UESPoints: 8
My favorite glitch happens when I lock a corpse on a door. Looks like the corpse suddenly began to dance.

Evolved part of that: Stick a Draugr to a portcullis and open and close it as many times as you like, the Draugr won't mind.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:57 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion: GotY, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4
:|
Not sure it was by design or a glitch, but I was walking into Whiterun for the first time and the drawbridge was missing from view. At first I thought it was gone and then I walked over the invisible drawbridge. As it turns out, having a minimum draw distance and zooming out while in third person causes things to not render on screen.

Unionhack wrote:
Your religion does not make you better than other people.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:44 pm 
Associate
Associate

The Fork Glitch. This happened to me when I accidentally equipped one of my enchanted wield-able forks (which I made as a joke) while exploring the Falkreath. I was by the lake and equipping a fork caused a glitched animation to play and my character turned 90 degrees to the left on his own. I then walked around a bit more and discovered it seemed to be area-based. Though, things got crazy when I tested it near Bannermist Tower. It turned my character 180 degrees and sped up all of my animations, along with my walking/running speed....and then the game crashed a minute later. :P It's not even a mod or a save glitch as it happens without mods and happens on both of my computers, each having their own separate character.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:00 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim
Other Profiles: Steam: herush, PSN: mirrorslice
I was reading back through this thread, trying to think of any interesting glitches that have happened to me, and Dragonborn provided a few, uh, interesting bugs...

The first one happened either yesterday or the day before. I needed to look for something in one of the abandoned houses in Raven Rock, and on entering the building, the floor failed to load, so I fell into the blackness beneath. Then the game just kept trying to place me at the door again, and dropping me into down the abyss. I had to reload my last autosave... Thankfully, that fixed it.

Then just today I was walking along the coast nearby Thirsk Hall, when I hear a strange impact sound. I turn around to see the body of a dead horker and a dead NPC, so I assume they had been fighting and killed one another. On closer inspection, the NPC turned out to be Saden. Hmm...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:10 am 
Undecided
Undecided

My current character hasn't started the MQ yet, much less reached the point you have to slip Esbern out of Riften before the Thalmor assassins get to him. So imagine my confuzzlement when the latest batch of Hired Thugs came my way and I find out that Shavari set up this particular contract.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:51 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: GOG.com: All except these >>> Steam: Skyrim LE & Special; ESO all chapters; Legends
Other Profiles: Ciberzombie or CZR
UESPoints: 8
FrozenWolf150 wrote:
I've just run into an extremely annoying bug, only I'm not if a mod is causing it, or if it's a glitch from the vanilla game itself. The only mod I have that would affect the interior of Hearthfire homes is Hearthfire Extended, but it's never caused this problem before.

I just built Lakeview Manor. I put in the greenhouse and built all the planters. I was eager to get planting, since I'm using More Plants & Recipes. However, there is a single patch of fertile soil that simply does not work. I plant things in it and they just disappear. I never get a confirmation that the item was planted. I can plant multiple items in it at once and I never get the warning that something is already planted there. I tried reloading the game and rebuilding the greenhouse, and that didn't work. I tried disabling and enabling the planter and that didn't fix it. I made sure I was only using ingredients that the vanilla game allows in case a mod was causing it, but that didn't help.

Has this happened to anyone else? A single malfunctioning patch of soil that doesn't accept anything you try to plant in it? Everything I tried to plant there just got flushed down the toilet. :Angry:

I have legendary edition without mods and all planters and patches of soil in Lakeview are working 100%

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:08 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: PS3
I've had a few odd experiences in Skyrim.

--Was walking back from the Blue Palace into the main square in Solitude when I noticed that the streets were gone. In the whole square. I dropped down into the hole but there weren't any chests to loot. Was kinda fun watching the townspeople standing on air while, one by one, they would also plop down into the hole with me. I fast traveled into Solitude again, but the glitch was still there. Fortunately, I could go out the main gate and come back in, which fixed it.

--Watched the blacksmith in Solitude hammer out some armor on his workbench...with a broom instead of a hammer. I watched it for about 5 minutes. It was pretty fascinating.

--Bought the house in Solitude and found that in one room there were a few barrels and everything in them was marked "stolen". I hadn't put anything in there, it just came that way. Anything I put in them also became marked as stolen. I left that room alone.

--On rare ocassions, goats would show up as "enemies". This usually means that there's a Spriggan around somewhere, but I've had it happen when there was no Spriggan anywhere around and the goats weren't glowing green. Weird having those little red dots show up and you find out your enemies are goats. They didn't attack me either like if they were possessed by a Spriggan.

--Well, I thought it was a glitch at the time.... Poor Lydia was my follower and she got killed in a fight with giants and mammoths pretty early in the game. I hadn't realized she'd bought the farm until it was too late for me to go back to another save. I decided I'd do without her. Many levels later I went and got married. At the ceremony, I happened to glance at the spectators and there sat Lydia! Damn near gave me a heart attack before I realized that it wasn't her but my housecarl Jordis. Hey, it was dark in that temple during the ceremony and I was a nervous groom, dammit!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:07 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Daggerfall, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch
Not really a glitch because I'm pretty sure that it was by design, but even after defeating Harkon and becoming Lord of Castle Volkihar, you still have to break into what basically are your own display cases to get at the jewelry, such as the Bone Hawk stuff. You'd think that Harkon would have a master key to that stuff on his person.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:54 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: TESO, Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Battlespire, Daggerfall, Arena
Platform: PC, PS3, PS4/VR
UESPoints: 4
MidbossVyers wrote:
You'd think that Harkon would have a master key to that stuff on his person.

Pretty sure 99% of all locks manufactured on Nirn have no keys.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:56 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Everything 'cept ESO and Travels
Platform: Linux Personal Console
UESPoints: 16
Tingz0r wrote:
MidbossVyers wrote:
You'd think that Harkon would have a master key to that stuff on his person.

Pretty sure 99% of all locks manufactured on Nirn have no keys.

"I'm a locksmith, not a keysmith. You want a key? Make it yourself!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:01 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
MidbossVyers wrote:
. You'd think that Harkon would have a master key to that stuff on his person.
He probably had a key.. Keyword being had :wat:
Spoiler:
You tend to loss alt of things what with being turned into a smoldering pile of goo and all

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:16 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: morrowind goty,oblivion & its expansions ,skyrim & its dlc
Platform: xbox,xbox360 & PC
Other Profiles: xbox live:Despyre (inactive) PSN: coming soon..ish
I had what I can only assume is a rare glitch about a month ago in Windstad Manor.

I was returning for a "drop off loot & resupply" session.
While I was waiting for the loading screen I took a moment to stop and light a cigarette.
So the loading screen ends and I look up and have the crap jumpscared out of me.

Theres a Snowy Sabrecat roaring and in mid-leap right at my face!
If it weren't for what happened next I wouldn't think it was rare and would write it off as a version of the "bandits spawning inside the walls" glitch.
But instead, the thing just vanished right before it's claws tore into me. The whole thing lasted about 2 seconds.
It was more like being haunted by the ghost of a Sabrecat than a glitch.

Has anyone else seen this?

-Emiliano Zapata

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:47 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Daggerfall, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch
I was considering making an orc character, until I saw this: http://i60.tinypic.com/jslxsw.jpg Is there any other clipping with heavy helmets, such as the Stalhrim heavy helmet, that I need to worry about when making an orc character?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:45 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: III, IV, V
Platform: XB1
UESPoints: 10
So the other day I was just roaming around minding my own business when three 'Hired Thugs' turn up to 'teach me a lesson'. This was a bit of a surprise to me as I try not to rile up the locals too much. Fight over I search the thugs for the 'Contract' only to find they were hired by...
*Drumroll*:
"Vampire Fledgling"...

Still upset over that whole 'Dawnguard' thing, I guess.

-----

I get back to Whiterun one day and see the Courier running towards me. Mail - how exciting. It's a letter, doesn't say who from, only that they're "a friend of mine". Oo, exciting and mysterious...

Lord Timster,
You caused a bit of stir in Barleydark Farm when you demonstrated the power of -

Hold on. Barley-where Farm? Google reveals that Barleydark Farm was originally meant to sit somewhere between Whiterun and Rorikstead but didn't make it into the final version of the game. So - I caused "a bit of stir" in a place that doesn't really exist. But then I suppose you could say that's all I've been doing since I started playing this game. Anyway, as if that wasn't enough the letter has now merged with another letter in my inventory to become 'Letter from a Friend (2)' and both of them say Anga's Mill.

Or... did I just imagine the whole thing? :o

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:08 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, XBOX, 360
UESPoints: 2
Lord Timster wrote:
Anyway, as if that wasn't enough the letter has now merged with another letter in my inventory to become 'Letter from a Friend (2)' and both of them say Anga's Mill.

Or... did I just imagine the whole thing? :o

That's odd. I've seen such letters "overwrite" one another when placed in a container, but never while in my char's pocket.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:09 am 
Undecided
Undecided

Barleydark Farm is that spot off the road with the three rotating pillars which open a trap door to that chest containing a copy of A Hypothetical Treachery.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next