UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim Moments You Just Have to Share!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:19 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 7
Random and hilarious: on occasion, I like to play my game with 80s music in the background. "Self-Control" by Laura Branigan was playing when Felina stopped to drink an ale...and there stood Cicero in front of her dancing with his arms up like a freaking belly dancer. Just...wow.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:40 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind
Platform: xbox 360 (ES4 and ES5) PC (Anthology)
UESPoints: 0
My girlfriend Jordis and I traveled to some town, and just as I headed into an inn and reached for the door, I heard a dragon bellow above me! It was to late to avoid going in, but Jordis did not follow me. I ran to the counter, sold a few items, ran back to the door to save Jordis from the dragon. When I got outside, there she was outside the door, just looking at me with a smile. With the dead dragon on the ground behind her.

My girlfriend killed a dragon! And yes, I still absorbed the dragon's soul!

One of my favorite Skyrim moments, and one of the reasons I married Jordis!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:05 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
Fighting some Falmer Servants in Blackreach, I got a shield-bash killmove on one of them. And just as the guy started to fall backward, he took an ice spike to the face from Serana.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:28 pm 
Associate
Associate

Was playing with an orc warrior today who was wearing Hircine's cursed ring and therefore transformed in a werewolf somewhere on the roads of the reach. So he was on his way to a forsworn camp happily slaughtering goats along the way. And then a thief runs up to him who thinks he can rob a werewolf. Ended very predictability. Almost as hillarious as that time a thief who thought he could rob the Altmer mage who just killed a dragon (while the thief was running away screaming for help) without even breaking a sweat.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:16 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Nothing remarkable in itself, but goes to show how much content the game has. Namely, I went to Anise's cabin and for the first time noticed there was a basement there. At a whim I went in and learned Anise was a witch. After I came out, she attacked me and went down only after a lengthy fight. I've played this game for two years, and still seem to find new things. Now that's quite cool.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:24 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
I just did Diplomatic Immunity and managed to save Malborn from the Thalmor Guards. He escaped with me, only to be killed by 3 vampires waiting for me outside the exit from the embassy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:15 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PS3
Ragna Eorlene, a bard and Uthger, a warrior, were on the road to Dead Men's Respite. Ragna failed to calm a bear guarding it's kill (dead mammoth) and Uthgerd had to kill it (with little help from Ragna's spells). They continued walking, only to ran into the Scavenger. This time Ragna did manage to calm him, so they just passed him in peace. Later on the man must have realized he couldn't afford witnessess alive and followed them...all the way to Dead Men's Respite, where he attacked them and got quickly killed.

In my headcanon, Ragna managed to sweet talk him into let them go without a fight, only to have the man come back to his senses after he was out of sight and earshot of the beautiful, young bard.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:42 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Just when I thought I knew every trick in the dragons' playbook, I got nastily surprised. Today I was fighting two dragons at the Western Watchtower. Retreated inside when they proved to be a bit too much, and climbed the stairs to shoot at them from there. After a few shots one of the dragons flew towards my character. "Well, it just does that strafing attack," I thought, almost yawning.

Well, the dragon grabbed my character with its claws and dropped her from the towertop to her death! I sure never saw that before. I don't know if it's vanilla behaviour or due Deadly Dragons I use. Still, very cool.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:57 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
I do know that the snatch-and-drop kill move you describe is a behavior in the vanilla game. Alduin does this to a Legionairre at Helgen while Hadvar and Ralof argue in front of the keep, and I've seen a random dragon do this to a giant as well.

This reminds me of a particularly dirty dragon trick I experienced: Traveling through Falkreath Hold near Bilegulch, I knew that a dragon was lurking around in the area and could spawn at any moment. But even that forewarning wasn't enough: I'm running just of a stand of trees when I hear a *whooosh* and a heavy thud behind me. I turn around just in time to have an Ancient dragon one-hit kill me with the bite-and-prattle animation.

The damned thing simply dropped out of the sky and ate me.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:35 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Dark Spark wrote:
The damned thing simply dropped out of the sky and ate me.

:lol: Sort of a drive-in hamburger joint for dragons, eh?

As for the snatch-and-drop, I knew the dragons can do that to NPCs in vanilla, but I never knew they could do that for player characters, too. Took me totally by surprise.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:55 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Skyrim
I was in the vicinity of Windhelm stables when a courier ran up to me with 2 letters of inheritance.
The first from from Ulfric, informing me that Adelaisa Vendicci had died. How I don't know, but I got 10 septims.
The second inheritance was from Degaine, the insufferable beggar of Markath whom I had just sacrificed to Boethiah. But get this - his inheritance was 300 septims!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:35 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Another funny moment today. I met some revelers on the Whiterun-Rorikstead road, and took a drink with them. Almost instantly afterwards, a tough-looking Orc bandit attacked from behind. Well, I cast Fear on him and he started to run about like headless chicken. With all three revelers at his back, no less. I could hardly act, because I was laghing so hard at the spectacle. After the spell wore off, the bandit came at me, the three Nords still pummeling him with their fists. A few hits with my dragonsteel dagger, and the brute was on his knees and surrenderer meekly. Not that tough a guy, after all.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:48 pm 
Layman
Layman

So I was hanging out at Riften Stables when the Imperial Courier comes running up, chased by a Bandit Outlaw, who was being chased by not one but two cave bears. All the guards went after the courier and the whole group made it all the way up to the front gates where a big old brawl ensued, I ran up in one of those towers and got out of there. So I'm looking out and there goes the courier running right back down the way he came, three or four guards wound up dead, it was some serious special ops stuff from that courier.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:39 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Some time when I first started playing Skyrim, which wasn't too long ago so I had all DLCs, my character wore an Amulet of Mara since I had nothing better at the time. Soon after I figured out the marriage mechanic, but before that I wondered why people kept coming on to me. "I'm just wearing this for the buff, leave me alone!" I was also surprised my guy could marry other guys. For a moment I actually thought that was a bug.

Another silly moment was when I first got into enchanting. I made a Blades sword with fire damage and called it Dragonbane for no particular reason. This was right before I went to Sky Haven Temple and found the actual Dragonbane.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:15 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim (DB, DG, HF), Online
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Other Profiles: Xbox and PSN: billy7557
One time I went around the giant camp northwest of Whiterun because I was at a low level, and all of the sudden this body falls right in front of me. I'm assuming bandits from one of the nearby camps wandered near them and the giants take too kindly to it. Anyway, it startled me so bad I fell out of my chair, then laughed for about 15 minutes straight. Meanwhile, another bandit somehow spotted me and killed me, with all the loot I had just gotten from the dungeon in the first Companions quest.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:21 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
Had an encounter with the Legion and Stormcloaks. I forgot that they actually fight each other and it was by mere coinicdence. The Legion had a prisoner and everyone barring a lone Legionaire survived the battle. I walked away in style. By that, i mean, arrows narrowly missed me as i continued on my path to Riften. Discovered that two named NPCs and a bodyguard were killed by a frostbite spider. Can't tell if that was just randomness or just a side effect of me being on the Adept setting. Twas a nice touch.

Forgot how great it is to fight a dragon for the first time! Sadly, my aim was [&@%!] and whilst i did end up killing it with melee, i did not get a finishing move. Would have been perfect after losing a few Whiterun Guards. Generic NPCs, you shall be missed. *sniff*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:31 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: All five "core" games
Going to poke this as my first post :D. Been playing Skyrim for few days (I prefer getting games with a few years of delay, when bugs are fixed, price drops and the laptop I own at that time can run it).

Outside random ruins, shooting a bandit. "Is that all you got?" he taunted me. . .as the stagger from hit sent him over the ledge to a fatal fall.

Guard in Riverwood: "If those Whiterun guards can take down a dragon, so can we." Ten seconds later...ROAR. (A bit more amusing by the fact that he was a Whiterun guard himself).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:28 pm 
Layman
Layman

Been playing for about 60 hours.
Level 30 Sneak Archer Type
Lydia is my companion and has been since the beginning. We'd been careful and smart and had developed a good system and understood how each other fights.
Soooo, We are sneaking into Hag Rock Redoubt and Discovered. We are subsequently attacked by several bad guys. Forsworn Briarheart charges Lydia and she goes down. I finish him off and see one last forsworn in the distance taking pot shots, so I switch to my bow to show him whats up. I draw back and just as I let the arrow fly, Lydia stands up from her injuries and takes my arrow right in the face. Now i have to train another noob follower. FML.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:49 am 
Undecided
Undecided

I just found Meridia's beacon in the boss chest at Haemar's Shame. That is so ironic on so many levels...

:wat:

...nope. Just the two.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:44 am 
Undecided
Undecided

On the waysign in front of Steamcrag Camp in Eastmarch, there's a note titled Official Warning that talks about the giant's rights to make camp at that spot.

Four and a half years, and I only noticed that for the first time today.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:23 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: PS3
This thread isn't too active, but what the heck, maybe people still read these.

--It's kind of funny now, but it sure wasn't at the time.
I'm in the snowy plains right outside Dawnstar when I happened upon a giant fighting a dragon. I figure, oh what the heck, so I start flinging arrows at them. I was still fairly low level and I wasn't looking to get right in the middle of that fight.

I'm assuming that they'll keep fighting each other so I can at least get in a few arrows, but as I approach they each forget the other and concentrate on me. Oh great! Okay, I can handle this. Once I started fighting I realized that not only is there a dragon and a giant, but 3 wolves and 4 bandits also show up out of nowhere and all of them have one thing in common. They really want to kill ME.

I still can't believe I made it out of that. Craziest battle I ever had. Still can't figure out where those wolves came from. I've spent a LOT of time out on those snowy plains and I've never encountered wolves, except for an occasional (dead) pit wolf.

And one more.

---This one was completely my fault, I know.

I had just opened the door to Belethor's General Goods after a long day of killing something or other, and while the loading screen was running I thought I'd go get myself a snack. I put the (PS3) controller on the floor and got my snack.

When I got back, all was well and old Belethor was ready to do some business with me. On my way to the chair I accidently nudged the controller with my foot. I looked down at it, annoyed. By the time I looked back up, Belethor was running out of the store yelling something and guards were rushing in trying to kill me. It seems that my 'nudge' resulted in my character knocking an arrow and shooting it at Belethor. I guess that's considered a crime. At the time, I had no idea what the heck was going on and I found myself running all over Whiterun as the guards chased me. In other words, I panicked. By the time I got all the way up to Javorsk I managed to get my head back together and loaded the last autosave.

Whew! Lesson learned: I don't put my controller down on the floor anymore.

Last edited by Aarah on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merged double post. (You can use the edit button to add to an existing post.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:49 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: III, IV, V
Platform: XB1
UESPoints: 10
LaptopRon wrote:
I happened upon a giant fighting a dragon. I figure, oh what the heck, so I start flinging arrows at them. I was still fairly low level and I wasn't looking to get right in the middle of that fight. I'm assuming that they'll keep fighting each other so I can at least get in a few arrows, but as I approach they each forget the other and concentrate on me.
I remember when I first saw a dragon attacking a giant - I figured I would 'help out' the giant by popping a few arrows at the dragon. Next thing I know they are both after me. Must have been a private fight...

LaptopRon wrote:
Still can't figure out where those wolves came from.
I think if you follow the road southwards from Dawnstar there is usually a pack of wolves on the left somewhere. (If that's the general area you're talking about.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:55 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: PS3
Lord Timster wrote:
LaptopRon wrote:
I happened upon a giant fighting a dragon. I figure, oh what the heck, so I start flinging arrows at them. I was still fairly low level and I wasn't looking to get right in the middle of that fight. I'm assuming that they'll keep fighting each other so I can at least get in a few arrows, but as I approach they each forget the other and concentrate on me.
I remember when I first saw a dragon attacking a giant - I figured I would 'help out' the giant by popping a few arrows at the dragon. Next thing I know they are both after me. Must have been a private fight...

LaptopRon wrote:
Still can't figure out where those wolves came from.
I think if you follow the road southwards from Dawnstar there is usually a pack of wolves on the left somewhere. (If that's the general area you're talking about.)

I've learned to wait until the fight is over and then just deal with the winner. :)

As far as the wolves go, you must be right. They must have come from that areas south of Dawnstar. I've just never seen them on that snowy plain before.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:53 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: morrowind goty,oblivion & its expansions ,skyrim & its dlc
Platform: xbox,xbox360 & PC
Other Profiles: xbox live:Despyre (inactive) PSN: coming soon..ish
I thought that since I'm officially new to the forums this would be a good place for my first post since I've always gotten a kick out of peoples stories of their time in skyrim.

I've put literally thousands of hours into Skyrim so there are alot of favorite "moments" that come to mind, but I thought that one of my earliest experience's that have been what keep me playing would be the best to share.

(Sorry for the length, I hope its okay)

When I had first started playing though (about my 2nd or 3rd day I think) There's one or two that still stick with me.

The way events can collide when your just exploring the world caught me by surprise (Still does sometimes) when I was exploring the Tundra around Whiterun Hold when i'd just started.
I was just wandering around exploring the new world when this elk came running by chased by two hunters. That Elk is where all the crazy started.
I figured "hey,maybe if i help em it'll lead to a quest or reward or something" and I started chasing the elk with them.

So the elk runs out into the Tundra & ticks off some mudcrabs by a pond, decides he's having none of that so he switches direction and runs straight into a group of bandits that are hanging out around a cave or ruin or somewhere. And now they're like "Venison!" and they go after the damn Elk too.

So about this time the hunters & I arrived and The manure hit the windmill.
Now I'm in the middle of this free for all between angry bandits,hunters with delusions of grandeur,annoyed mudcrabs & a terrified elk with no sense of direction.

But Skyrim isn't going to let me off that easy. Apparently it wanted complete Beldam.
Oh look everyone....a damn Dragon!
He decides steamed mudcrab sounds good and starts to fry the little suckers.
I'm trying to take out the bandits while they're occupied shooting the Dragon.
The hunters are shooting at them & the mudcrabs are getting boiled in their shells.

I finally succeed in taking out the last bandit,and then the Dragon (the hunters got dead without my intervention) & I start looting everything and when I look up to see whats left...There he is....That damn Elk!
Just standing there..amongst the carnage ...his health almost gone and not running anymore...just looking at me in what seemed a rather reproachful manner.
Dead Dragon. Dead Hunters. Dead mudcrabs. And the only two things left alive on the battlefield?..me and...that......damn....Elk!

I'll never forget that...ever.

-Emiliano Zapata

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:31 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS4
Other Profiles: PSN: skilduff42
Fighting a group of Forsworn today and they are proving to be a bit too tough for me. Those guys that dual wield forsworn swords and charge right at you always take a good chunk out of my health. My character is also a dual wielder, bound swords, so I was having this epic battle with the forsworn guy. I'm down to just a sliver of health when the forsworn archer down the road lets loose an arrow and kills my horse. Enraged, I decapitate the dual wielding forsworn and conjure my bow to take out the archer... but I'm not fast enough and before I can land a shot, one of his arrows slams into my chest and sends me reeling backwards off a cliff.

I couldn't even be mad, it was such a cool death. Went out fighting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next