UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim Moments You Just Have to Share!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:42 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, PS4
Other Profiles: PSN: skilduff42
UESPoints: 0
I wish people still looked at this thread because cool [&@%!] keeps happening to me

The other day I was down in the Aetherium Forge with Katria (great quest line btw) and The Forgemaster woke up and attacked but my arrows sent him falling back into the lava.

Then later on I'm fighting Arondil and I'm shootin more arrows at him and he takes one right in the chest and in sends him flying back to a sitting position on the throne in that room. So satisfying.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:41 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

dennis wrote:
I wish people still looked at this thread because cool [&@%!] keeps happening to me

The other day I was down in the Aetherium Forge with Katria (great quest line btw) and The Forgemaster woke up and attacked but my arrows sent him falling back into the lava.

Then later on I'm fighting Arondil and I'm shootin more arrows at him and he takes one right in the chest and in sends him flying back to a sitting position on the throne in that room. So satisfying.

Lol I agree one hundred percent here, and watching your enemies fly back into lava and/or fly into humorous positions always cracks me up :lol: been awhile since I've made a bow-wielding character, I might give that a whirl again!

What I must share:

After doing the dark brotherhood missions up to the end, I'm ready to assassinate the emperor for REAL now. Now before you judge me too harshly, I felt bad for doing this after I did it. Heck I felt bad for even THINKING about it, much less enacting this on the game lol... I'm roleplaying a truly evil, heartless Argonian Vampire assassin. The kind of assassin that, during the previous assassination attempt, stood there silently allowing Gianna to cook the emperor's meal, WITHOUT adding the poison, following her into the room with the emperor and his nobles, activated Shadowcloak of Nocturnal, blatantly walked up behind the decoy and slit his throat. I immediately turned into a slashing, stabbing apparition of terror, blinking in and out of sight murdering everyone in the room.

Now to the truly horrendous event: I swim to the ship the emperor is about to sail away on, I climb aboard, and sneak my way through to his room without kill a soul. I enter his room, briefly speak to him and tell him to shut up and get ready to die. He tells me he will not fight back... I tell him he doesn't have a choice and I cast a fury spell on him and leave the room. He grabbed the nearest weapon out of a display case (an ebony war axe if memory serves correctly) and naturally follows me out, crazed from the spell I cast on him. I drank an invisibility potion immediately after leaving the room and hid in a corner, watching as he attacks his men in a blind rage. With nothing else they could do, they're forced to cut him down, their own emperor. With absolutely NO evidence that there was anyone else on the ship, no other bodies, no other deaths/attacks on board the vessel, the only thing the people of Cyrodiil (and all of Tamriel) will remember about Emperor Titus Mede II is how he lost his mind on his ship and got butchered by his own guard.

It's such exquisitely delicious evil.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:44 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: morrowind goty,oblivion & its expansions ,skyrim & its dlc
Platform: xbox,xbox360 & PC
Other Profiles: xbox live:Despyre (inactive) PSN: coming soon..ish
dennis wrote:

I still read it and check it about once a week. Your right though. Skyrim just can't be played without something worth talking about happening.
It's why I'm still playing it after all this time.8)
Don't plan on stopping anytime soon either. Next on my agenda: finishing the CW...Finally.

-Emiliano Zapata

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:55 am 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games: Oblivion:GOTY, Skyrim:Legendary edition
Platform: PS3.
UESPoints: 12
*stares at Skyrim*

What?

Just what?

Those spikes in Halted Stream camp killed me. WHAT!?

How....

AARRGHHH!

Seriously, wasn't even touching the things. Why? Whoever designed that pit is a right cur! Seriously, no indicator of the vertical spikes and health drains quicker then a nord and mead. Seriously!? That is [&@%!]!

Fought the first dragon and damn, the finishers are brutal. Smashed Mimmi's face in with an iron one though had to reload as i think, because all but one guard died during the fight, it did not trigger the "Ye are dragonborn 'arry" speech.

Also, apparently, the Dovahkiin is a Krogan. Kalgar seems to love headsmashing people with his head even if they are wearing helmets. :O I mean, blimey! How tough are their skull? There's Krogan levels of tough and then there's a nord smashing someone's head with enough force to kill them using their own head as the weapon. :O You don't [&@%!] with the Dovahkiin! He won't bother using an axe the proper way and will smash your head with his head!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:05 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Ha ha, I am really behind in my reading. Well.. everything.
One of my fancy kills ended in front of my house and a Saber cat buried head first butt in the air!
Love to see this crazy glitches.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:25 am 

Lydia is a goshdarn action hero! I forgot that shearpoint was home to Krosis and fighting him at level 7 with a melee tank oriented build is well, Dark Souls levels of guts. Hit and run tactics were used, thu'um was used and we fought on top of the mountain's peak until we wore each other down. Just as Krosis was about to unleash one more fireball, Lydia killed him with an arrow to the back. That is the first time a follower has actually done something like this. Like, seriously, until now, in the 4 or so years of owning Skyrim, i have never almost lost just to be saved by a follower.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:51 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Skyrim SE
Platform: PS4
Other Profiles: storminmay on Steam & PSN
Granted, it happened a while ago, but it was my very first character and I was starting out with the College of Winterhold QL. I had Faendal as a follower and was about level 7-8 when I was clearing out Saarthal. I got to the chamber of Jyrik Gaulderson and was running away so my magicka could regenerate (n00b mage probs), and I turned around to see little ol' Faendal one-hit and quit Jyrik Gaulderson. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard while playing Skyrim. I know that Jyrik is a pretty low-level enemy but I've never seen Faendal just run in and crush someone before.

Post subject: The last available teacher in Block nearly got killed!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:14 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
The last available teacher in Block nearly bought it.

I was over in the Orc Village about to buy my 5 lessons and a bloody interfering dragon flew in and ate my man!

I'm learning.

I made sure I didn't commit to any saves and reloaded the last save, several times till I got it right. As soon as I materialised, I armed with the Bend Will Shout and got to the dragon before he did any real damage. My man survived and I got my lessons.

Last edited by Aarah on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moved from Skyrim-Help topic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:58 am 

Frostfall Aybss, the Falmer lair. It was a glorious battle of Wolf and Charus as a result of the Dov being woken. I was struggling to keep myself alive thus I unleashed the full wrath of the werewolf upon them in the final chamber. The creatures feared my howl. My claws were sharper then the strongest sword. My body powered by rage. I swooped down upon the charus and killed it with one swipe. I tossed it at the other after roaring as loud as a dov. The creatures fled but then, a very large one appeared. "SHEPARD." It roared. It began to assume direct control of the others. I roared in return and battle commenced. I won.

Or it just turns out werewolf vs an entire pack(must have been 10 there in that chamber) is super effective. I love that they are affected by the howl of the wolf.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:05 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, XBOX, 360
UESPoints: 2
Ok, that's cool. I don't think I've ever wolfed out in a Falmer den. Vampire lord form, yes, because I thoroughly enjoy tossing the little creeps into the nearest abyss in big chambers with the grip attack (though you have to revert a lot to get through small passageways).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:23 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

I completed "Ill Met by Moonlight," skinning Sinding and receiving the Savior's Hide as a reward. Weeks later at about 4am (all in-game) I'm walking towards Whiterun when I see a guard...being followed...by a werewolf. I was able to sneak-attack the werewolf with an arrow and ran over to search the body. The body was named "Sinding." O_o

I immediately looked up if it was a bug and it is, but I was sitting there for about 10 minutes completely dumbfounded.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:47 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

I'm working on getting the Platinum trophy for Skyrim on PS4, therefore no mods and no console commands. One of the trophies is to craft something out of Stahlrim. Cool; I spend 5-6 hours leveling up my Smithing from 18 to 80 to get the Ebony perk (needed for Stahlrim smithing). Then I go to start the quest with Deor Woodcutter in the Skaal Village. Who is nowhere to be found. Waiting, waiting, waiting...game days go by, no Deor in sight.

Then I see on the UESP wiki page for the quest: Although Deor is marked immortal, it seems possible that he can be killed accidentally during the battle with the Lurker after the Wind Stone is freed. Which is probably how I mysteriously ended up with the key to his house, as I would have to have looted his body to get that. (My character doesn't pick pockets.)

No console commands. No prior save to load. For an NPC that gives a trophy quest who was supposed to be marked as essential but who is now dead. MOTHER EFF.

Oh well. Since I've only ever played a mage, at least I figured out some good ways to level Smithing reasonably quickly? *internal screaming*

Last edited by storminmay on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:16 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: I, II, III (all wip), Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 9
Ahh, no!!! That's terrible.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:34 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, PS3, PS4
Toilet Humour

I'm on another play through of Skyrim, and even though I've liberated Skyrim plenty of times, for the first time I noticed the following

I'm in Fort Dunstad, and as I pass the latrine (buckets; books; and potion), I actually pay attention to the potion as I pick it up... it's a Potion of True Shot!

There should be a sign 'We aim to please, could you aim too, please'

Still laughing...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:05 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox, Xbox 360, PC
Other Profiles: -
I had some mods (alternative start, ineed and I think frostfall, and maybe some others), and I made a dunmeri witch; she was part of a witch's coven and on starting, she was starving. As I had left the cave, I had a thief try to mug me and I was shortly after attacked by a pack of wolves and the difficulty setting was set up... far higher than I was anticipating.

I didn't have too hard of a time, of course, but it was kind of hilarious for my poor witch on how it all came together, her luck wasn't very good XD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:43 pm 
Layman
Layman

Man, I wish I could leave potions of True Shot near real life public toilets, sometimes it looks like people were trying to do their stuff from horseback.

And yeah, sometimes the life around your character likes to [&@%!] the hell out of you, and sometimes you get bored because you can't encounter any significant challenge for hours of gameplay. I like it though, because it always keeps you wondering what's going to happen!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:41 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Background: I've been doing some of the miscellaneous Dawnguard quests. I currently only have one mod installed on my PS4, to have multiple followers. My followers are Faendal, Lydia, Rayya, J'zargo, and Brelyna Maryon (who is my wife).

One of the quests is the radiant "your spouse has been kidnapped, you need to go save them" quest. Okay, cool I guess, except Brelyna was standing right next to me and said "My love! I just knew you'd come for me!" I thought it was a funny moment, because how else would the game know she's already following me with the mod, and we went and cleared out the quest area anyway. (Loot, amirite?)

I go back to turn the quest in and receive another one, and this was a first for me. I received a "your friend has been kidnapped, you need to go save them" quest. I've had the wife one before (pre-mods) but I didn't even know the "friend" version existed.

Then Rayya ran up to me saying "My love! I just knew you'd come for me!" And then I was really confused. O_o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:50 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
"That dog is dead!"

"No, no... He's just resting."

I'm trying to play Skyrim with a "no saves" approach-- just auto-saves-- and so far I've been able to stick with it. (Not so in Oblivion, as I was forced to save at one point because I wasn't out of the starter dungeon yet and I had to end my playing session.)

Anyway, I couldn't run because I was carrying too much, and I was trying to make my way back to Whiterun. Somehow I ended up interacting with Meeko, so I decided to let him follow me.

I got to a point north of Whiterun, and east of the mine that's east of Morthal, and as I headed south toward Whiterun I passed by one of the giant camps. I tried my best to stay clear, but when I went around the rock wall I ran smack dab into a giant.

I somehow managed to get away from the giant, probably because Meeko lunged at him-- and got himself flung through the air by the giant's club. Damn! Bye-bye, Meeko. :(

As I'm slowly making my way south toward Whiterun, I see something dragging along behind me. Why, it's Meeko! And I can talk to him! But he's lying motionless on his side looking dead as a door nail, even if he does continue to drag along behind me as though his cold, lifeless body were attached to a chain.

When I get to Whiterun, I enter through the gate and suddenly Meeko comes back to life. Hopefully he'll stay that way for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:34 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games: Oblivion (SI); Skyrim (DB)
Platform: Steam, XBox
Other Profiles: DarkSpark135
UESPoints: 5
My cat does that when she's stalking my feet: she'll lie down on her side and scooch towards my toes as if I wouldn't be able to see her if she's low enough to the carpet.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:44 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
Dark Spark wrote:
My cat does that when she's stalking my feet: she'll lie down on her side and scooch towards my toes as if I wouldn't be able to see her if she's low enough to the carpet.

"Who, me? Stalking you? Don't be silly, I'm just innocently lying here on my side! What? I was five feet further away 10 seconds ago? That's ridiculous, I've been right here the whole time!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:29 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion
Platform: PC
Despite countless hours of playing this game, this has never happened to me, until yesterday...

As I stepped into the front yard of Goldenhills Plantation, a Revered Dragon came to visit. Feeling as confident as ever, I conjured my Bone Colossus, and some Skeleton Warlocks. I cast my Ebonyflesh armor, and prepared my destruction spells. I was ready to send that dragon to Oblivion. Then this happens... The B*****d swoops in, picks me up with his claws, and drops me from great height. Just like Alduin does during your escape from Helgen. I was Insta killed! Humiliated! Taken down a notch! Had my pants pulled down! I was reminded that however powerful you think you are, a dragon should never be taken for granted.

I wish I could say that I had some footage of the situation, but sadly, I don't. I just wanted to share the moment, because I've never seen it in-game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:57 am 
Associate
Associate

I had a bounty on my head in Markarth, refused to pay it, and ended up fighting a swarm of guards (at night, mind you), shouting Storm Call (thinking it would only strike the people actively fighting me). Every guard in Markarth pursued me and killed them all.

Markarth no longer has any night guards. They're there during the day, but it's a ghost town at night.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:41 am 
Associate
Associate

Going to Shearpoint for the first time as a level 10 and killing my second dragon ever, and the first by myself, and being ecstatic. Strolled up to the loot chest and word wall, oblivious to what was inside the coffin. I quicksaved right when it opened...:(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:50 am 
Layman
Layman

I traveled to Solitude with my loyal thane from Markarth because I need to sell some weapons and armor, I no longer wanted to be bothered with. I struck up a conversation with the Solitude blacksmith whilst my thane walks behind him, pretending to enjoy our conversation. By some stroke of bipolar episode, he snapped, brandished his Orc Battle Axe and leaped straight in the air, brings down a fatal blow to the back of the blacksmith.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34