UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Skyrim Addiction? Retired, but having hellafun.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:28 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Skyrim: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I was a little late to Skyrim, then about five months late each to Dawnguard and Dragonborn. Like Snail's Pace and Finn, I play just a few games, but get very attached. I'm still on a quest to stick with a character long enough for a complete playthrough. My latest, who I started this week, is promising, but after almost four dozen characters there's no guarantee.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:19 pm 
Warder
Warder

UESPoints: 1
Yes sir, still playing Skyrim. I'm playing it for the first time on PC, Skyrim is my all time favorite open world game and I will be probably playing it for the rest of my life.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:29 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind
I got dreadfully bored of Skyrim after playing it all day from the beginning of summer to August. Then it got, well, very very boring. I got Oblivion, I liked it even more than Skyrim. But every now and then, I start Skyrim just to goof around as a console based mutant.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:38 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UESPoints: 14
I have to say Skyrim still is very much fun for me despite doing just about everything possible, having my little party of Serana and DB assassin follow be everywhere. The only two reasoning why I'm still not playing; 1) It's sort of lost under my other games. 2) Whenever I play, even with Oblivion, I fall under the habit of doing nothing more than being a merchant... which takes hours.. but alone can make me very, very rich.. except that I already have more gold than I could ever spend, try as I might >_<

Other than that, the Hearthfire tasks by far are alot of work... and I kind of hate it...

~Forever a UESP user~
[?]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Skyrim, Morrowind
UESPoints: 7
Skyrim can't be approached like any other video game. Its a rpg for a reason. That's what extends its life.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:30 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 PS4
Other Profiles: BuzBee3(PSN)
Dohvakiin2012 wrote:
Skyrim can't be approached like any other video game. Its a rpg for a reason. That's what extends its life.

So true it is not for everyone...but it can be.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:42 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: I-V
Platform: PS3, PC
Dohvakiin2012 wrote:

I agree. I'll probably play it again one day, just not right now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:44 pm 
Imperial Legate
Imperial Legate

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, Xbox, Xbox 360
UESPoints: 20
I've logged over 3000 hours into this game. I'm sure nobody here has any trouble believing that.

Monsters are bred in labyrinths, labyrinths are bred from walls. There is a reason the Giants choose to remain nomadic rather than follow their shield kin the Nords in building permanent settlements. The Tower is the beginning of all walls.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:14 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
I'm fairly late to the party myself, I've only been playing Skyrim for about 4 months or so. My computer is pretty old so when Skryim came out I saw it as an opportunity to get back into Oblivion. Then I decided to find out if I could manage to get Skryim running on it - to my delight, it worked!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:46 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion. (I previously owned Skyrim, but sold it because I got burnt out on it after a few hundred hours.)
Platform: PS3
I still pick it up every now and then to do some roleplaying or dungeon diving, but I'm pretty much retired myself. I still have the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood to do, but I've been putting those off because they aren't my cup of tea.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:55 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games: Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360 (no longer), PC
I would still play it, but the damn thing is so buggy that I can't even play it that much anymore >< So I've mostly gone back to Oblivion, though I would love to get a chance to actually play through Skyrim without it crashing 15 times over <_>

Favorite TES Race: Nords
Favorite TES Playstyle: Depends
Favorite TES Game: Skyrim
Favorite Weapon Type: Axes
Favorite Magic Type: Paralyze

Spoiler:
Im on your forums, spoilin' your games.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:09 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: ESIII Morrowind, ESIV Oblivion, ESV Skyrim
Platform: Xbox360 & PC
Other Profiles: XXX
Since Morrowind I love TES games. I like immersive sandbox games and no one does it quite as well as Bethesda; even if they use the same formula each time. (Aside from Rockstar.) The only games that can pull me away from Skyrim are GTA, Fallout, and Dark Souls; which are also exceptional games. (Minecraft is amazing as well. Props to Mojang for putting so much content into a genre of game they practically pioneered.)

I work away from home so I can't play online. I find the only game I play because of that has been Skyrim. Some people say it gets old, but I think it's strength is the character developement and game world. No one ever makes the same character as someone else. It's a great game for immersion or RP if you're nerd enough to be into that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:40 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Skyrim
I've got 250 hours in, compared to over 2000 on Sid Meier's Civ V, but that's because Skyrim is perfectly suited to playing and pausing. With Civ I can never find a place to pause and hours pass without my realizing it.

In Skyrim at level 50 I could tell boredom would be a problem because I couldn't find enough of a challenge, having gone through the entire main DB quest. But then I discovered the magic of mods. I had decided to go after the Thalmor (though I am of their race) wherever I could find them when I was tipped off by another player to MadFrenchie's marvelous Fight Against the Thalmor series. I would never have imagined a mod could surpass the basic game in graphics, challenge and gameplay but this series has renewed the excitement of the game for me with NPC's that are leveled to me. Some of the elaborate environments MadFrenchie has created make my jaw drop. Bethesda should hire him!

So, armed with my trusty bow and my super sneaking ability, I am back at it with vigor, having great fights once again. My favorite thing is loading up with every potion I can use, putting on all my one-handed enhancing clothing, taking up my enchanted mace and spellbreaker shield, then sneaking up to a boss with my 12x backstabbing ability to try to take him out with one or two blows. If that doesn't work, I'm toast, but if it does work, I then have a blast taking on his minions as a group with him out of the way. "ENOUGH! You have bested me!" is music to my ears.

I understand that there are so many mods the game can't handle them all, but I'll have fun giving them a try.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:57 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Skyrim, Oblivion GOTY
Platform: Xbox 360
I didn't know people stopped playing skyrim xD
I stopped for a few months or so, but got back into it with the release of dragonborn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:40 am 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games: Mw, Ob, Sk
UESPoints: 1
started an new character this week, a redguard. He's going to do everything i havent done so far, so no armour (alteration instead) and see how it pans out. He's not very nice so far, sort of murdered Sven in the golden claw dungeon so he can marry Camilla in Riverwood (need to find a way of taking out Faendal next)

I will probably keep my 360 alive next year just so i can continue playing TES (at least till TESO)

i hadn't played this game for months, i needed the break to forget my old habits

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:59 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS4/3, Xbone
I think I'm starting to develop alt-itis. I just started a heavy armor/two-handed user a little while ago and now I want to try a pacifist character. I'm trying to take a bit of an enforced break to clear a few other games off my queue. Let's see how well that goes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:13 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Skyrim
Other Profiles: steam: rcgni2003
I still play Skyrim. I made a new character a couple weeks ago that's your typical male Nord one handed/shield heavy armor user just for variety. It's hard to not stop and pick every alchemy reagent I come across or steal everything valuable, but it's refreshing to play the game with a "good" character.

t̉ͫ̇o̼͕͍o̖̜̙͓̭͐́ͥ̈́ͅ ̭̠ͬmͥ̆u̗͍͔̪̓ͩͯ̊c͈͚̥̞̯͈ͬ̌h̥͚̄ͤ̂ͭ̐ͦ ̭͇ͥͣͦs̗͖̪̲̳̾͑u̫̣̯͚͓͍̝̐̍g̖̣̅̋a̞̲̥̦͎̳̣̾̈́r͔̘̩ ̊ͯͣr̪͊̂ͬȯ̙̃ͤ͌͆̈̊ͅt͇͖̍̈s̟̩̩͓̻̜͛̽ͣ͒͛ͪ̚ ͍̖͓̝͚̗ͦ̑́ͫ̄̌̄ͅt͖͚̮̒̉̂̒ͨh̐̀ͥͬẹ̙̰̹̤̀ͩ̍ͦ̾ͧ͊ ̊͐s̟̹̼ͯ̀̀͌̌ͯ̚ͅo̭̻̥̜̲͙̻͋̓̂u̥̩̥l͖̟̝͎̓̽͛

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:47 pm 
Warder
Warder

moonsugarkind wrote:
I still play Skyrim. I made a new character a couple weeks ago that's your typical male Nord one handed/shield heavy armor user just for variety. It's hard to not stop and pick every alchemy reagent I come across or steal everything valuable, but it's refreshing to play the game with a "good" character.

You are probably really a good person, so it's a no brainer. My 2 higher level chars. are very rich and quite good hearted. I am really having more trouble with the "evil' Characters I am trying to play.
(mainly to finish the trophy's) Between my son and I my nice characters are always richer than his evil ones.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:51 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Arena, Skyrim
Other Profiles: steam: rcgni2003
Ursula R. M. wrote:
moonsugarkind wrote:

You are probably really a good person, so it's a no brainer. My 2 higher level chars. are very rich and quite good hearted. I am really having more trouble with the "evil' Characters I am trying to play.
(mainly to finish the trophy's) Between my son and I my nice characters are always richer than his evil ones.

Actually no lol All of my other characters are involved with the Thieves Guild or DB to some degree, not to mention the two serial murderers I had. The two that made it to the top of those organizations actually had /too/ much gold when I was done playing with them.

t̉ͫ̇o̼͕͍o̖̜̙͓̭͐́ͥ̈́ͅ ̭̠ͬmͥ̆u̗͍͔̪̓ͩͯ̊c͈͚̥̞̯͈ͬ̌h̥͚̄ͤ̂ͭ̐ͦ ̭͇ͥͣͦs̗͖̪̲̳̾͑u̫̣̯͚͓͍̝̐̍g̖̣̅̋a̞̲̥̦͎̳̣̾̈́r͔̘̩ ̊ͯͣr̪͊̂ͬȯ̙̃ͤ͌͆̈̊ͅt͇͖̍̈s̟̩̩͓̻̜͛̽ͣ͒͛ͪ̚ ͍̖͓̝͚̗ͦ̑́ͫ̄̌̄ͅt͖͚̮̒̉̂̒ͨh̐̀ͥͬẹ̙̰̹̤̀ͩ̍ͦ̾ͧ͊ ̊͐s̟̹̼ͯ̀̀͌̌ͯ̚ͅo̭̻̥̜̲͙̻͋̓̂u̥̩̥l͖̟̝͎̓̽͛

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:16 am 
Warder
Warder

You said it was refreshing, so I figured you must be more comfortable in real life as a "good person". Game life, anything goes!
Still trying to get the hang of the evil ones. They are on the back burner until I have a bad day. (with the exception of Ursula's revenge streak which I have mentioned before. Thus, Ursula R.M.)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:10 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform: PC, Xbox 360
Other Profiles: Steam- shimbo17
I'm still playing Skyrim on my PC. I've got a couple mods that really extend the gameplay. I just got to level 51, in fact, and I still haven't completed the Main Quest.
(First post. Hi there!)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:45 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games: IV: GOTY, V: DG, HF, DB
Platform: PC (IV, V) & PS3 (V)
Welcome DovahRuby! :)

And I'm still playing Skyrim. Have been since December of '11. I've never been much of a gamer, but Skyrim hooked me instantly and I've been playing on and off ever since. I love this game -- a lot. . I've never been so into a game before and I'm not sure if I ever will, lol. (until TES 6!) I hadn't really played any TES games before Skyrim, but I did get Oblivion a few years ago. When I first played, I had it on PS3, and after completing two characters, I decided to get it for PC because of the mods/console/etc. Recently I've gone back to PS3 -- because, while I love all the cool stuff PC adds, I'm just not a huge fan of PC gaming and when playing on the PS3 I play a lot more.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:51 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games: Oblivion, Morrowind, skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360, PC
I was also very late to the skyrim party. I didn't get the game until December of last year, so only have had the game for about 2 months.

I have already completed the main quest and both dragon born and dawn guard. I am taking a few weeks off because of the birth of my son. But am looking forward to the day when I pop it back in and play

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:00 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: 1, 2, 3 & Tactics
I play it sometimes, but often I can't do it for long as I am playing it on my roomie's PC and right now that's placed in a position where I have to sit in the sofa and if I don't lean back my back will hurt. Also concerning the game, yeah, sometimes I find it very exciting, but at other times I don't like the inventory, journal, spells and such menu. I liked the Oblivion [Tab] and everything game-related appear and if you want system [Esc]... I know you can use the shortcut keys in Skyrim, but it annoys me a lot that system and journal is under the same menu.

“I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally. ”
"Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:37 am 
Warder
Warder

What exactly is "finishing" the game? This is a serious question.