UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Social Armor Slot
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Oblivion & Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forums and have been reading a few days but decided to sign up today because I had a thought while playing Terraria with my girlfriend. For those of you who haven't played Terraria, it's Mario meets Minecraft but that's not what this is about. Terraria has what's called a social slot for armor and vanity items. Basically, you have one set of stuff that's effective and one set that's visually displayed. If there's nothing in the "social" slot, the effective slot items would be shown.

Now, I've looked around and haven't seen it, so forgive me if it's out there but has anyone considered something like this for Skyrim? Is it even possible the way Skyrim's set-up? I don't know much about coding and all that stuff but I think this would be cool. Yes, I realize there's a role-play issue but... yeah. Honestly, the scenario I had in mind was wearing the Dragonscale set but having the thieve's guild stuff in the social, just because it's my favorite look of all.

Would anyone else be interested in this?

Post subject: Re: Social Armor Slot
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:48 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC, Xbox 360
You could just simply make Thieves guild armor with the stats of dragonscale in the CK. I dont know think its possible to do what you suggested.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:48 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
Of course it's possible! It might be tricky, but I don't see why it couldn't be done. It could work something like this:

A script would start running when the player equips an enchanted piece of armor. A messagebox would pop up, asking the player if he/she wants this armors effects or looks.

If "effects" is chosen, the script checks for the magic effects for that armor and adds them to the player. The enchanted armor is then unequipped, while the effects are still there. At this point the "effect slot" is filled. The script would also need to remember what magic effects it just added, so they can be removed in some way when the player wants.

If "looks" is chosen, the script will check if the "effect slot" is filled. If it is, equip armor without effects. If not, equip armor with effects.

This is just in theory, however...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:20 am 
Layman
Layman

Honestly, I was surprised no one's look into this. With such an awesome range of armor available from the mods alone this would be awesome. Besides, there are way too many clothes in vanilla skyrim that just never gets used, and with the uprising of mods that makes clothing sexier I'm in fact very surprised no one has been surprised by the notion!

So, I'm bumping this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:05 pm 
Master
Master

Please check the date of the last post in a thread before you post a response - if the last post was three months ago or more, responding is considered necroposting and that's against the rules, which you, as a new member, should totally check out.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]