UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Suitable Voiced Dialogue for Adoring Fan type Encounter?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:25 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion
Platform: XBox 360, PC (WINE)
UESPoints: 0
So I'm working on a mod in which there will be a random encounter with an Adoring Fan type character (but considerably less annoying).

Now, to handle dialogue I'm leaning heavily on the player's dialogue choices to avoid the character having to actually say too much, limiting them mostly to only having to give basic yes/no responses. I realise that makes it sound like I'm planning for the player to play 20 questions but it should be a bit more natural than that, as the player should know of the "fan" in advance thanks to letters/notes.

What I'm hoping to do is find an existing voice in Skyrim that I can use for the character's dialogue, so I don't have to rely on subtitles at all, if possible. I only really need a handful of lines so I'm hoping there's a character or general voice in Skyrim that I may be able to draw upon. I basically need a character/voice with the following:

Delight at meeting the player (e.g- "I can't believe it's you!" or similar)
Agreement at an offer (e.g- "It would be my pleasure", "You bet" or similar)
Disappointment at rejection (e.g- "I'm sorry to hear that" or similar)
Affirmative to a question (e.g- "That's right", "Yes", "You could say that" or similar)
Negative to a question (e.g- "Sorry", "Nope", "No" etc.)

Are there any characters or voice that might be enough for this? I'm going to start trawling through dialogue to see what I can find, but I'm hoping someone may have already investigated something similar, I'm thinking maybe housecarls or stewards? Though I'm hoping for something exuberant, maybe a faction follower (I never actually use them)?