UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Your best crafted spells? (With any spellmaking mod)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:33 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I installed the mod Spell Crafting for Skyrim, and am eager to explore its full potential. So far, I've found one rather overpowered combination: fire and fear. I made a fireball that does 25 damage over 6 seconds and panicks targets under level 50 for the same time. A test run in a falmer cave showed the spell is quite devastating. It doesn't do that much damage per a pop, but keeps the enemies at bay while killing them slowly. It eats magicka somewhat more than a fireball, but that's a minor drawback. Also, with it I could combat two giants at once with minimal risk. So, it looks like the good ol' Morrowind days are back insofar that you can make game-breaking spells again.

What insane/extremely useful/funny spell combinations have you others discovered with spellcrafting mods (please mention the mod)? I'd like to try them out.

Post subject: Re: Your best crafted spells? (With any spellmaking mod)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:19 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: GOG.com: All except these >>> Steam: Skyrim LE & Special; ESO all chapters; Legends
Other Profiles: Ciberzombie or CZR
UESPoints: 8
well in morrowind i had made damage strength 100 for humanoid or damage speed 100 non humanoid for rooting enemies in place till they die or temporary with levitate 1pt for as long as you want or rainbow nuke (its very high level spell) fire damage 100x2s 50ft + frost damage 100x2s 50ft + lightning damage 100x2s 50ft + poison damage 100x2s 50ft + damage health 100x2s 50ft , also i miss in skyrim a chameleon spell with power of 100% as one can have in morrowind. you could completely pawn opponents there with combo of damage stats 100 each , damage skills 100 each , damage armor as much as needed to destroy all armor worn , damage weapon as much as needed to completely disarm , blind, drain fatigue then punch it till it drops , tho skyrim have some entertaining paralize uses
yea i know its completely offtopic but i wish you cold make atleast some of this in skyrim

Post subject: Re: Your best crafted spells? (With any spellmaking mod)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:56 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
UESPoints: 0
Well, not that much offtopic, since spellmaking should have been a part of vanilla Skyrim. At least the rainbow nuke is doable with the mod (only the poison effect lacks). But yeah, the lack of vanilla spellmaking is a big drawback. The mod I have works fine, but is a bit clunky to use. As for the slowing spell, I tried to add that effect to a lightning spell, but I forgot that the effect doesn't affect NPCs, so it was wasted effort. No burden effect exists in Skyrim nor many others you mention either. Too bad, but at least with the mod there's still quite a few devious combinations to try even with the vanilla Skyrim spell effects. Hmm, maybe a frenzying lightning spell next...? Or fire combined with turn undead for a special Dawnguard treat? Destruction and Illusion seem to go together well, in any case.

Speaking of chameleon, it was insanely powerful in Morrowind and Oblivion, so I understand why they scrapped it. I mean, in Oblivion for instance I had a thief character whom I broke by creating a 100% chameleon suit. Anything involving stealth was a cakewalk after that. With subsequent characters I had to restrain myself and use only 50% chameleon max.