UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Meat in generic barrels - where did it go?!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:18 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3, PS4
UESPoints: 0
I'm hoping someone can help, as I'm going mad trying to work out what's hapened... I recently got Skyrim Special Edition, because yay mods for PS4! (Even though they're sadly limited.) On my first character there's a ton of meat in barrels - they've still got the standard stuff in there, like 5 green apples or something, but they now also contain something like 10 raw beef (beefs?). I don't know what I did to make this happen. I kind of assumed it was a standard SE thing, as I hadn't added any mods that should do that, mostly just new houses and non-food related crafting mods. (I should point out that this is barrels everywhere across Skyrim, not just in one area.)

I made a new character the other day, and there's no meat in the barrels any more. I mean there's the odd bit here and there, but not 10 meats in every barrel. And I'm running pretty much the same mods, apart from disabling a few houses and adding some hair and eyes mods. So what happened? I have no idea. I've searched for mods I might have added and then uninstalled that had a lingering effect, but nothing. I wondered about 'Realistic Animal Loot', but can't see that it would be that. (I ran it for 5 mins, but the game crashed, so I removed it and went back to a save before adding it.) Can anyone give me a clue how I got all that meat in barrels? On my first special edition playthorough I got meat frenzy and ended up with a chest full of hundreds of pieces of raw beef, but now I'm practically having to go vegetarian.

Post subject: Re: Meat in generic barrels - where did it go?!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:48 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: All of 'Em
Platform: PS4, PC
Other Profiles: PSN: Unionhack, Steam: Unionhack
UESPoints: 13
This is the best thread ever.

The only thing I can think of possibly causing it besides a mod issue is perhaps your character's race. Was one of your characters an Imperial? This is just a shot in the dark because I'm not exactly the most mod-knowledgeable person, but maybe their "find more gold" ability accidentally made you find more meat. I dunno.

Quote:

Post subject: Re: Meat in generic barrels - where did it go?!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:48 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3, PS4
UESPoints: 0
Both characters are Nords, so it can't be a race thing, although I like the thought of a meat related racial ability. Sounds like an idea for an Orc lesser power or something - 'Seek Meat!'

I hope I can figure this out soon, or I will have to resort to murdering livestock.