UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help with making a mod
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:16 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
Hello.

I want to make a mod that changes the look of the Longhammer to a Steel (or maybe Nordic) warhammer. I want to keep the stats and I'm ok with tempering with orichalcum, I just want the mod to change textures (and meshes?). I am totally newbie in the modding business, so how can I accomplish this?

I have found that I need the Creation Kit (CK), so I have downloaded it. But then what? I looked at the CK wiki, but couldn't see that they described exactly this. Could someone give me a detailed list of the steps I need to do, or at least get me started? Or maybe point me to another site with this info in place (not youtube)?

Will this change the original Longhammer, or will it be a replacer? I hope it will work with CaBal's "aMidianBorn Book of Silence" so that my Longhammer automatically get the better textures.

I could probably reach the same result with just copying files manually, but I thought maybe I could use this to learn the basics of modding.

Post subject: Re: Help with making a mod
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:59 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Morrowond, Oblibion, Skyrim
Other Profiles: ladyonthemoon on Steam
You don't know how to use the CK at all? Which one are you using, the original CK or the special edition one?

First, you must launch the CK and load the master files that contain that "longhammer" you are talking about.

1) click on the folder icon on the top left,
2) in the window that opens, select the needed master files,
3) click on OK,
4) each time the ck issues a warning dialogue box, click on "Yes to All" or "Cancel" according to your version; the icon on the right,
5) once fully loaded (it will take time), go to Weapons in the left column and find your "longhammer",
6) once you've found it, follow the instructions in the tutorial below in order to change the model it uses.

The tutorial is not about changing the model in weapons but you'll get the idea: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php ... new-asset/

Good luck with your first mod! :)

Post subject: Re: Help with making a mod
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:55 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Hi.

I'm still on Skyrim LE, of course I should have mentioned that. I have never done anything in CK, and I know I am late to the party. I have looked at TES Alliance, but I couldn't find my way there. The page seems to be what I was looking for. Thanks.