UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Amateur modder, looking for basic Unofficial Skyrim Patch
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:07 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim (but very little of the first four, and only about half of the fifth)
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 0
I was looking at the UESP page for the Unofficial Skyrim Patch for the basic vanilla version, but that link is dead. I don't know about the different editions (legendary, special edition, remastered, or whatever else there is), I just have the basic version off of Steam. What I'd like to do is find a list of what the USP fixes, and practice modding by fixing the same things myself. As it turns out, the link, found at http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:Unofficial_Skyrim_Patch under historical patches, is a dead link, so if I want these things fixed I'd have to mod them myself anyway. Can someone point me to where I can either find the USP for basic vanilla Skyrim or where I can find a list of what it fixes without trying to hunt down every single USP fix on the UESP site?

Post subject: Re: Amateur modder, looking for basic Unofficial Skyrim Patc
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:27 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them!
UESPoints: 5
I don't know if you will be able to find the vanilla version anywhere anymore, as it's no longer supported. The project's forums has an archive of patch changes back to about 2012, I noticed. I'm not sure if that will be helpful for you, but it might be a good place to start.

Best of luck!

"[...] for the lives of gods are not what mortals think and matters that weigh only years to mortals weigh on gods forever."
The Tribunal Temple, Nerevar at Red Mountain

Find the S'wit:
ESO PC-NA: @Avron | Legends: nosoundcomes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:22 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim (but very little of the first four, and only about half of the fifth)
UESPoints: 0
Thanks. That's probably what I need.
Also, I was trying to find out what the differences were between vanilla, Legendary, and SE. Apparently, the Legendary is the vanilla with all DLCs (basically, Skyrim GOTY edition) and introduced mounted combat and making skills legendary. The version I have doesn't say "Legendary" anywhere, and doesn't come with the DLCs, but I have mounted combat and legendary skills. I assume this was added to the vanilla version also, since I don't think I have the legendary version. Either way, would the Legendary unofficial patches work for vanilla? Like I said, I'm basically trying to learn to mod by seeing what other people did and trying to figure out how to do that on the CK, so it's not really a matter of compatibility as much as whether or not they fix the same issues.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them!
UESPoints: 5
Glad that was helpful!

On Steam, Special Edition is marked as a separate game (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim versus Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition), so that's easy to distinguish at least. I haven't installed the Special Edition, partially because with my rig I didn't need the cosmetic upgrades.

As for Legendary versus vanilla, my understanding is Legendary has those upgrades regarding skills and such, as well as the DLC. This is probably why the current USLEEP does require the DLCs: they're part of its bundle. My own rule of thumb is not to download anything that I'm missing the requirements for, so you should always check those against your game. It will prevent lots of nasty crashes and bugs, of course.

Modding is a great thing to learn and, although I'm not a modder myself by any means and can't help you out, I'm willing to bet there's a few lurking around UESP that would be willing to help you learn some basics or point you in the right direction of resources. UESP folk tend to be very resourceful and plenty helpful, and I'm sure a few out there would help you out. :)

"[...] for the lives of gods are not what mortals think and matters that weigh only years to mortals weigh on gods forever."
The Tribunal Temple, Nerevar at Red Mountain

Find the S'wit:
ESO PC-NA: @Avron | Legends: nosoundcomes