UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 3 Quests in my inventory not working .....
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:35 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
UESPoints: 0
I now have a third quest in my inventory that doesn't seem to want to behave!

Besides Lights Out!, (Broken Oar Grotto awaiting a respawn - hopefully!), I am also awaiting Uttering Hills Camp and the cave to respawn so I can go kill the bandit leader - is it going to respawn?

The third quest I'm having difficulty isn't a respawning problem. I have returned to Largashbur to give Atub a Deadra Heart and some Troll Fat. When I got there after fast travelling in, there was a giant attack and a bloody dragon having a go.

I dealt with the dragon and Atub and the rest of the troups dealt with the giant. There were casualties. I approach Atub who luckily wasn't among them to make my offering, but she ain't interested. In fact, she is showing downright animosity toward me and I can't get a peep out of her.

What's happened here then?

On another subject, in A Daedra's Best Friend, I fast travelled to the top of the cliff above Rimerock Burrow where I obtained the Rueful Axe. Before I started down the track to the burrow, me and my four legged friend, (Shadowmere not Barbas), were attacked by Frost Trolls outside Pinewatch Tower where I landed. Shadowmere is left lying in the ruins of the tower. Will he survive and follow me again or do I have to do something special to revive him?

Post subject: Re: 3 Quests in my inventory not working .....
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:57 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: III, IV, V
Platform: XB1
UESPoints: 10
Re: Atub
You could check in 'General Stats > Crime' to see if you have a bounty with the Orc Tribes that needs paying off - that might stop her talking to you.

Otherwise I dunno - coming back after 30 days or something would be worth a go. I don't think that quest is one of the most stable in the game though so who knows what is going on. I suppose it's also possible that the game registered that you (technically) didn't help to fight the giant and has given you a big disposition hit with the Orcs...

---

Quote:
Shadowmere is not essential and can die, unlike his counterpart in Oblivion. However, 10 days later, he will respawn at the location of his death. If Shadowmere dies in a river or lake, he will respawn after 10 days in the black pool near the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.

Bugs
Shadowmere may not respawn after dying.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:55 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Oblivion, Skyrim
Platform: PS3 & PC & PS4
I managed to complete the Lights Out quest.

I read in the Wiki that it was possible that when cleaning out the belongings of Deeja it may be that you omit to read the note that you pluck from his body. The map marker doesn't trigger.

When you do read it the marker does trigger, so you head on up there to Broken Oar Grotto and guess what, Jaree-Ra is there all on his lonesome, if you have already done a Jarl bounty quest in ckearing out and killing the Bandit Leader).

Dispose of him and all is as it should be.

The other quest still remain incomplete though.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:05 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games: Skyrim
Platform: Xbox 360
Other Profiles: CursedGrim
Kinda late but Uttering Hills respawns after a certain time.Just give it a bit and don't frequent it as this somewhat makes it not want to reset.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:39 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind
Platform: PS3
Other Profiles: PSN
Cool. Thanks for the Thread