UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Is This Normal?
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:31 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

Location: Stonefalls. Why worry where it goes? AutFan thinks the ash-flakes are pretty.
ES Games: i: Arena, II: Daggerfall, III: Morrowind, IV: Oblivion (most favourite of all time!), V: Skyrim
Platform: PC (Win10)
Other Profiles: UESPWiki: AutismFanaticism; ESO: @AgmarTheUnrestful; Beamdog: Garvin77; Steam: AlarusSarthes; GOG: Alarus-Sarthes
UESPoints: 0
Just a quick question: is it normal for the wiki cache to take two months to clear? I was going to add some more entries to our various Arena:Items pages, but noticed that only edits at least two months old seem to show up. Note that I have tried both purging these pages as well as clearing my own internet cache; no success. And, yes, I most definitely did edit the two pages shown as examples after the dates shown in the page history. And I was logged-in on all occasions. Examples below:
Spoiler:

Any and all help in this matter is appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Is This Normal?
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:55 am 
Wiki Admin
Wiki Admin

I've looked, and I see the same edits you do. The only thing I can think is that for some reason, the edits didn't go through. Can you try again? Also, save a copy of the entire page offline somewhere so I can review it and see if there's anything unusual going on. (Note: this message was edited after posting due to an initial misunderstanding.)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:10 am 
Wiki Admin
Wiki Admin

I've also checked our abuse logs for both your edits and any edits to those two pages, along with checking the CheckUser logs for your IP address, and I see no activity from you since April 28, apart from the two image uploads of the above images.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:26 am 
Initiate
Initiate

Location: Stonefalls. Why worry where it goes? AutFan thinks the ash-flakes are pretty.
ES Games: i: Arena, II: Daggerfall, III: Morrowind, IV: Oblivion (most favourite of all time!), V: Skyrim
Platform: PC (Win10)
Other Profiles: UESPWiki: AutismFanaticism; ESO: @AgmarTheUnrestful; Beamdog: Garvin77; Steam: AlarusSarthes; GOG: Alarus-Sarthes
Umm... yeah... sorry about the images, I just have limited trust of the internet (b/c of viruses) and am uncertain as to the security of many of the popular websites specifically for hosting images.

Also... yeah, it only recently (Sunday afternoon) occurred to me that what was happening was I editing the order of Arena's base-items tables as I was finding new entries (e.g., re-organising Arena:Longswords the first time I came across a Longsword that wasn't already listed). Short-term memory acting up again. :S Everything's cleared up now; this topic can be locked.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:24 pm 
Wiki Admin
Wiki Admin

I hear you on the memory problems. I've got cognitive issues of my own, so I know exactly how that goes! :) Thanks for getting back to me.