UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cyrodiil stinks :(
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:29 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
I finally got up the nerve to join a campaign and go to Cyrodiil.

The good news is, I really like Cyrodiil-- there are a lot of places to explore and a lot of things to do.

The bad news is, I really hate Cyrodiil! For one thing, none of the places I'm discovering (delves and such) are showing up on the map, which makes it very difficult to find them again. But most of all, it stinks so bad when you're just trying to visit a town to complete a quest that you started out in the wilderness, only to be killed in, like, 2 seconds by some player who's on a mission to take the town or nearby fort for his alliance.

Post subject: Re: Cyrodiil stinks :(
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:14 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
So I figured out that the reason nothing I visited was showing on the map was because it's deselected in the filters by default. Right, like no one would want to see those things on the map. Oh well, now I know.

My main reason for finally visiting Cyrodiil was so I could use the treasure maps I'd found, since they were just taking up inventory space and I'd found one duplicate. I try to use a treasure map as soon as I find it so I won't have trouble picking up any duplicates. I've still got one to use-- I ran out of time and had to skedaddle back to Vivec City before the server went down for maintenance-- but fortunately the treasure is located in Daggerfall Covenant territory, so I shouldn't have to worry as much about enemy players trying to blast me to ashes while I'm hunting for it.

Aside from the pain of trying to do quests in a war-torn land, my biggest whine about Cyrodiil is that it's such a hassle getting around, since you can't go from area to area except through a gate. Otherwise, it's interesting to visit places I'm familiar with from Oblivion and see how different they are.