UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Question about Character and a few others
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:08 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena-Beaten,Daggerfall-Beaten,Battlespire-beaten,Redguard-Still haven't Beaten,Morrowind GOTY-beaten,OblivionGOTY-beaten,Skyrim and its DLC Xbox360-Beaten,ESO-Beaten except DLC(PS4)
Platform: PC,PS4,Xbox One
UESPoints: 0
It been a little while since I last played ESO I took a break because I was busy with other games just after I had completed the Ebonheart Pact Storyline as part of Cadwell's Gold.I think this was around the time of or just before the One Tamriel Patch and definitely before the most recent patches.

I've been meaning to start this up again since I have still got to do Craglorn,Wrothgar,Thieves Guild,Dark Brotherhood plus Skyshards and PVE Stuff in Cyrodiil and maybe Imperial City which sounds good but I never much cared for PVP.So I can prepare for the coming release of ESO:Morrowind.

My question is a while back I had re tooled by character from a heavy armor wearing sword and shield using Dragon Knight to a destruction staff using Magicka Dragon Knight.

So my main question is:What is the state of the Magicka Dragon Knight currently and should I respec again to whatever the best meta for the class is in PVE/PVP with a focus toward PVE?

Quick reminder my Character is a Breton Magicka Dragon Knight.

My other questions are geared toward those who play on PS4

How hard is it to get players to group up for the remaining group content in Craglorn since they dropped the whole Group Adventure Zone concept with One Tamriel?

What is Cyrodiil like currently is it reasonably enjoyable for people who aren't die hard PVPer's who maybe want to do the PVE content,collect Skyshards or the quest and story content in the Imperial City without constantly being ganked?

PVP doesn't super appeal to me since I am of the group who came into this game as an Elder Scrolls fan not a diehard MMO Player,So the stuff that interests me in Cyrodiil are the environments,quests,stories,delves and the like I am not gonna be actively hunting opposing alliance players or raids Forts or Scroll Temples because that aspect doesn't really interest me.In my view my character is not there as a soldier in the Daggerfall Covenant but as a questing hero on a job to foil the plan of Molag Bal and the forces of evil.

I pretty far along in my traits research especially in the items I am interested in so what is currently the best crafting site sets to make?

I kind of neglected leveling Provisioner,Alchemy,and Enchanting instead favoring the other crafting skills,is it still possible to level these skills and bring them up to snuff or is it too late?

Has the group finder from group dungeons ever been fixed to work correctly? Since the addition of Zone chat helps immensely in regards to Public Dungeons and World Bosses?

Post subject: Re: Question about Character and a few others
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:26 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
If you haven't played the game in a while, you may want to take a look at the PTS forums to look at the Morrowind patch notes. There are massive hits to sustain coming, so be prepared to do a lot of heavy attacking.

Magicka Dragonknights are okay, but the meta right now is magicka Sorcerers using pet builds with the Necropotence set.
However, I would suggest playing the class you want to play instead of going with whatever the flavor of the month is. A mDK can still do well, provided you've got the DoT rotation down, since DKs especially use a lot of DoTs. Just know that the sustain is going to be fairly poor; it's part of their nerfs, and also part of being a mDK. Drop your ult when you have it, and make sure to run Elemental Drain. Maybe consider using poisons that restore magicka to you when they go off.

I'm not a PS4 player, but I can say that crafted sets are actually inferior to dropped sets at this point. You'll be fine running Law of Julianos (if you have Orsinium) on a mDK until you can, say, get a set like Burning Spellweave (which drops from City of Ash and was also just nerfed in the most recent PTS). If you have no dropped sets and no monster sets, then I'd maybe suggest running 5 Law of Julianos with either 2 or 3 Torug's Pact, or 2 or 3 Seducer, depending on whether or not you want more damage or more sustain.

Also, it's never really too late to level your crafting skills. Alchemy and Provisioning aren't too bad, but Enchanting will be a pain. It might help to find a partner willing to exchange glyphs with you, since you get more inspiration by deconstructing glyphs that are either drops, or crafted by somebody else.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:33 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games: Arena-Beaten,Daggerfall-Beaten,Battlespire-beaten,Redguard-Still haven't Beaten,Morrowind GOTY-beaten,OblivionGOTY-beaten,Skyrim and its DLC Xbox360-Beaten,ESO-Beaten except DLC(PS4)
I was asking because I have been hear a lot recently that Magicka Dragon Knights have been struggling and the Patch for Morrowind was gonna make that situation worse.So I was wondering if I should stay the course or switch to a Stamina Dragonknight though I would have to level up Two Handed or Duel Wielding because my to maxed out combat skills are One Handed and Shield,and Destruction Staves.

Its good to hear that its not to late to level my crafting skills because I kind of let those ones fall behind because they seem tedious but from what have heard they get really good and really useful later on so I was worried I shot myself in the foot.

I also have the game on PC but I play on PS4 because I couldn't run on my old PC when I it bought on PS4 back at launch and I am so far along I don't have much desire to start again PC but if I where Magicka Sorcerers sounds kinda of perfect for a Breton which is what I usually play as.

One last Question I use 2 Fire Staff as my weapons one main and one alt should I switch elements of both or at least one,and since I am more geared towards DPS and Survivability and Soloing as much as possible I can safely ignore Restoration Staffs Right?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:43 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Skyrim Legendary, ESO, Legends
Platform: PC, PS3
Other Profiles: Steam: Captain Mauin, ESO: @Mauin and @Merorzen, Legends: Mauin
UESPoints: 1
Well, if you're just going solo, there wouldn't be an issue with a mDK, unless you're trying to solo group dungeons or do vMA.
To be perfectly honest, Bretons are meh. Especially since they got indirectly nerfed with the removal of the cost reduction CP, and the nerfing of pretty much everything else. Their cost reduction isn't worth much anymore. If you were to min-max, Dunmer would be the best race for mDK, and Dunmer and Altmer are the best races for mSorc.

However, since your DK is a Breton, it's better to stay magicka rather than going stamina. Bretons are a magicka race and, on top of that, I believe mDKs pull higher DPS than the stamDKs right now. Or, at least, that's how it was with mine before I made my mDK into a tank.

As for weapons, with the changes they made a while ago, I run a flame staff for single target DPS, and a lightning staff for AoE. I usually main bar the flame staff and the lightning staff is on back bar. For the love of the Eight, do not use a frost staff. They do terrible damage and heavy attacks taunt, since ZOS seems to think that a frost based destruction staff should be a tank weapon. You shouldn't need to slot a restoration staff, since every class has its own self healing. Dragonknights have Dragonblood, and mDKs especially have a very strong heal in Burning Embers. Sorcerers have Surge (Power Surge for mSorcs, Critical Surge for stam Sorcs).

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:51 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Okay I'll make sure to craft a lightning staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:28 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Elder Scrolls Online
Platform: PC
If anyone need information about PVP in eso schould check any good guide. I had a break in the game and needed to refresh the information.