UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Free Housing
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:40 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
A while back I suggested that it might be possible to acquire all of the "room at the inn" housings without having to pay anything. I'd already purchased them all on the NA PC/Mac server-- except for the one in Vivec City, which was the one I got for free-- so I wasn't sure whether my idea would work.

Yesterday I confirmed it on the EU PC/Mac server. I had only one character, and had opted for the free room in Daggerfall. I haven't bought any other housing because I've been working on maxing out my inventory and bank upgrades. Yesterday I finally bought the last bank upgrade, which means my next in-game purchases will be to start collecting the player housing, but I didn't want to buy the rooms at the inns if I could get them for free.

So I created a new Argonian character and, upon leaving the mind prison, took the Shimmerene Wayshrine to Stonefalls, made my way to Ebonheart, and acquired the Ebony Flask Inn Room for free. :sweetroll:

Then I created a new Khajiit character, took the Shimmerene Wayshrine to Vulkhel Guard in Auridon, and acquired the Mara's Kiss Inn Room for free. :sweetroll:

Next, I created a new Dark Elf character, took the Shimmerene Wayshrine to Seyda Neen in Morrowind, strolled over to Vivec City, and acquired the Saint Delyn Penthouse for free. :sweetroll:

Finally, I created a new High Elf character, headed west across Summerset Isle to Alinor, and acquired the Golden Gryphon Garret for free. :sweetroll:

I just wish I'd thought to do this on the NA server instead of spending a total of 12,000 gold to acquire the other four rooms. Of course, it doesn't take me very long for my main NA server character to scrape up 12,000 gold from thieving and crafting-- but it did when he was still a low-level character. :roll:

Counting the Psijic manor, I've now acquired six housings for free on the EU server. And since Elsweyr is going to be a "Chapter" like Morrowind and Summerset, I'm guessing it will also have a room at an inn that can be acquired for free. 8)

Post subject: Re: Free Housing
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:56 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them!
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 5
Oh man, I feel bad that you didn't know that and had to spend money on it! Sneaky work around tough, I quite like it. Not that I really need all the houses that I have, but, you know. Gotta get 'em all! :D

"[...] for the lives of gods are not what mortals think and matters that weigh only years to mortals weigh on gods forever."
The Tribunal Temple, Nerevar at Red Mountain

Find the S'wit:
ESO PC-NA: @Avron | Legends: nosoundcomes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:44 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
I imagine it was obvious to anyone who's been playing ESO since before the One Tamriel update, since back then you were limited to the zones in your alliance-- at least before completing the main quest and unlocking the next alliance's zones.

Although, wait, that was a dumb thing to say, because the Homestead update didn't come out until later. :S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:49 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games: All of them!
Platform: PC
UESPoints: 5
Haha. To be fair, I discovered it by accident when I made a new main character in Morrowind. He did the quest to get the inn room - because, why not - and then it clicked with me. "Wait. I can get another free room just by doing the same quest in a different zone?" So I went forth and got all the inn rooms on all my alliance characters. It was a great surprise!

...and the beginning of the end for my housing addiction. RIP.

"[...] for the lives of gods are not what mortals think and matters that weigh only years to mortals weigh on gods forever."
The Tribunal Temple, Nerevar at Red Mountain

Find the S'wit:
ESO PC-NA: @Avron | Legends: nosoundcomes