UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: We need another villain like Dagoth Ur in TES VI
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:27 pm 
Layman
Layman

UESPoints: 0
Don't get me wrong, the villains in Oblivion (Mehrunes Dagon) and Skyrim (Alduin), are great, but Dagoth Ur from Morrowind is amazing, and we need a villain on par with him in TES VI.

You see, Dagoth Ur has a reasonable motivation as a villain, which is to take over Morrowind, establish the Sixth House, and use the Heart Of Lorkhan. Meanwhile, the motivation behind Alduin and Mehrunes Dagon is just trying to take over the world or cause destruction throughout Tamriel.

Another reason why we need a villain like Dagoth Ur is the way he greets you and allows you to ask him questions. His opening statement to the Neverar can make you really think about whether you may have actually wanted to side with him or agree with what he's done. Meanwhile, Alduin and Mehrunes Dagon don't even do that, they just want to kill you on sight. Dagoth lets you take the first blow on him, while the other villains will attack you almost immediately.

One last reason why we need a villain like Dagoth Ur is just his appearance. When you hear about him, you think he's some kind of actual god, but it turns out he just looks simply human (a Dunmer even imo), and just looks so casual he seems like someone you would want to hang out with. Alduin and Mehrunes Dagon just fit the "big, scary boss" who wants to destroy things.

I hope TES VI has a villain like Dagoth Ur for these reasons.

Post subject: Re: We need another villain like Dagoth Ur in TES VI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:13 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO All DLC
Platform: PC
Other Profiles: AKB (Doppelgänger)
UESPoints: 4985
Dagoth Ur's plan was to ultimately take over the world. As for his size and fight, I just don't think the game engine could handle an absolutely massive enemy well.

Also you're a spambot, but it seems like you're creating somewhat unique posts? It's honestly bizarre, I don't see a post like this in our search history.

Thought for the day:

Success teaches us nothing; only failure teaches.