UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cheapest way to get all content?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:04 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO
Platform: PC, PS3, PS4
Other Profiles: digitalnothing
UESPoints: 0
"New" player here. I played the game at launch, disliked it, then played it again for a short time a few years ago. Loved it, but had to sell my Xbox. Now I have a PS4 and I'm wondering what's the cheapest way to get all the content. I've read that the Greymoor collection includes all chapters, but I'm unable to buy that on PS4 because I already own the base game. What should I do?

Post subject: Re: Cheapest way to get all content?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:03 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: All
Platform: PC, Switch
UESPoints: 420
Cheapest way is to subscribe to ESO Plus. This will get you access to everything but the most recent Chapter, and you can either buy that separately or wait a year and it will be included in ESO Plus.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:58 pm 
Layman
Layman

So my best bet is to wait for Oblivion, then sub to plus? I wasn't aware the previous chapters were included in the sub, thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:02 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
Once a new chapter is released, all prior chapters are essentially demoted to standard DLCs-- purchasable with crowns or available without purchase as long as you're subscribed to ESO Plus.

However, note that "special" features that were added to the game by a given chapter might not be available unless you purchase an upgrade with crowns. For instance, the Morrowind chapter added the Warden class, but getting free access to the Morrowind DLC through ESO Plus does not grant you the ability to create Warden characters. This can also be true of DLCs. For instance, the Imperial City DLC added the Imperial race, but I don't think you get access to the Imperial race unless you purchase the appropriate upgrade with crowns, even though the Imperial City DLC itself (meaning the zone) is now available for free.

So do be aware that ESO Plus won't necessarily grant you free access to all available features of the chapters and DLCs; you may still need to purchase those with crowns.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:13 am 
Layman
Layman

Thanks for the clarification. Can I buy classes and such from the crown store, or would I have to buy the full expansion?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:47 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games: Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, ESO, Legends, Blades
Platform: PC, Mac, iPad
Other Profiles: SeaGtGruff (Steam), TinklyGosling47 (Xbox)
UESPoints: 20
Yes-- once a chapter is denigrated to a Crown Store DLC and is available "for free" with an active ESO Plus subscription, the extras from that chapter are available for purchase in the Crown Store as an upgrade.

You might want to check the fine print on the Blackwood complete version to see if the former chapters that you get with it include all of their extras, or are just the zones. If they include all their extras, that might be cheaper than getting all of the separate upgrades in the Crown Store.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:56 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games: All
Platform: PC, Switch
UESPoints: 420
digital_nothing wrote:
So my best bet is to wait for Oblivion, then sub to plus? I wasn't aware the previous chapters were included in the sub, thanks for the info.

Correct. You could even wait another half a year if you want to pick up Blackwood for half price—generally there's a sale.

SeaGtGruff wrote:
However, note that "special" features that were added to the game by a given chapter might not be available unless you purchase an upgrade with crowns. For instance, the Morrowind chapter added the Warden class, but getting free access to the Morrowind DLC through ESO Plus does not grant you the ability to create Warden characters. This can also be true of DLCs. For instance, the Imperial City DLC added the Imperial race, but I don't think you get access to the Imperial race unless you purchase the appropriate upgrade with crowns, even though the Imperial City DLC itself (meaning the zone) is now available for free.

This is less of an issue since you get complimentary Crowns from subscribing. You could use these to buy any additional classes, or even unlock permanent access to certain DLCs if you wish.

Also the Imperial race was present since release. It was originally part of the Collector's Edition, not Imperial City. The only two "separate Chapter purchases" you need to be aware of at present are Warden and Necromancer classes.