UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC

Would you like me to add more to this thread?
Yes 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: My Experience with ESO
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:38 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games: Elder Scrolls Online & Skyrim
Platform: Xbox
Other Profiles: NSx SuMuNs
UESPoints: 0
Hello!
I go by SuMuNs. Im a Stam NB player on the Xbox platform. I find it hard to find videos, forums, blog posts, and etc. about the game to help me figure how to do stuff around the game. Like Crafting, selling on Guild Traders, character builds, and such. So I might as well make my own to share my experience of learning these new things and such. I have been playing since early 2017. Back then my father played as well and he knew how to do such things, so he told me what to do. Now today, in 2022, he does not play. So I'm now learning how to do such things by myself. Every time I learn something new, or feel such thing I did or experience should be shared, I will reply to this thread. Now to start it off (which I think every new player asks how to do):

Leveling

Leveling was one of the hardest things to figure out how to do. I started off as level 1 just as everyone else in 2017. I finally hit CP in 2021. Over the 4 years of off and on playing, I learned a lot. Find a guild or a group of friends. I have played other MMO's in the past, and the one thing I found is that leveling is SO boring when your doing it alone. Such guild or group of friends will help you level or support you to keep leveling up so you can join your higher level friends or guildies to do stuff with them. How did I do it alone though? Well, I hopped on once a day, did my dailies (Daily normal dungeon, daily battle ground). After I finished these, I did a little bit of questing. After that, once I unlocked level 15, Alliance War was unlocked for me. And I joined it. Alliance War is basically world PvP in other games. The game has a PvP server that is only for characters BELOW level 50. That's what kept my interest in the game. Now leveling from 1-50 is quite a grind. But that's when the guild or group of friends comes in. Maybe they want to run some normal dungeons, or needs help on a quest. Do those things with them. This helps you keep interested in the game!!! From there on, it went by like a breeze...

Champion Point

The champion point system I'm still learning. But so far, each point you put into a certain part of the tree, it gives you a buff of whats listed, like adds 20% more crit chance for 8 seconds after you hit a crit attack. So depending on what you want to build your character as, depends what you distribute your points into. Now when it comes to gear, gearing doesn't really matter for CP, until you hit CP 160. Thats when the gear leveling stops. But for PvP standards, CP is where the difference is between you, and the guy who one shots you in BG's or Alliance War. The level of CP you are is the number of Champion Points you have unlocked. So, like me I am CP 258. So I have 258 Champion Points distributed in my tree. But the other guy... The other guy is CP 1157. Same goes for him, he has 1157 points distributed in his tree. He has more passive buffs active in the tree than I do. So obviously he's going to out power me in PvP. But as I've noticed, gaining Champion Points isn't that difficult. Keep doing your dailies and such, keep questing. Keep helping your friends do the same. The more CP you gain, the better chance you have at being a better player.

Guilds

Guilds come in different styles, sizes and more. You're able to join up to 5 guilds, including creating one of your own. If you have a group of friends, then to be quite honest, your group should make one and continue to grow the group in the guild. The types of guilds there is are Social, PvP, PvE, Trading, and Role Playing. Sometimes you might come across a guild that is all of the type. Personally, I am in a PvP and Trading guild. PvP because I love to PvP in the game, and trading guild to help me make some money. Guilds are the better part, or the worst part of the game. A lot of the guilds in the game are full of good people. But you do have some that are full of people who look down on others if they do not have certain things. But the perks of being in a guild, you can get an exclusive guild trader, exclusive guild house, exclusive guild tabard and more. Guilds are the friend groups of the game. Some of them are very strict, some or laid back. You choose what kind you want, or want to join.

Trading

Trading is how you make the GOOD money in the game. Now this part I personally, am still learning. But from what I understand so far.... trading in the guild trader or in zone chat fluctuates like stocks IRL. The price of Turpen is 53g each, 10,600g per stack. And a stack is 200 of this item. But tomorrow the price could drop. So finding a good discord bot that can check the price of such items is good. Or finding a website that keeps up to date. Perks of being in a trading guild, most of the members should know these prices by heart. But if you dont feel like asking someone, go to another guilds guild trader, search the item as if you were going to buy it, and check competing prices, and base your price of that! New updates will also change prices of such items. But crafting materials, gear, weapons, and furniture will always be the best selling items.

Conclusion

But in conclusion, I am still learning the game. Even after 5 years of playing. This game has had my heart since I laid eyes on the Alliance War side of the game. As stated before, I will continuously update this thread as I learn new things.